breakdown of Bigfoot's flaws

TahuneTahune Posts: 1,874Free
Anyone had a read of this article?

Thoughts? Is it spot on or not?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1640212-ufc-160-antonio-bigfoot-silva-perfectly-flawed
Grover- Future LHW champ!
Tagged:

Comments

• TigerChampTigerChamp Nicolas CagePosts: 3,582Free
    yeah pretty much, bigfoot is a bit of a scrub.

Check out the trophy wall http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147934/forum-trophy-wall#latest
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,874Free
    It was a pretty brutal assessment
  • TigerChampTigerChamp Nicolas CagePosts: 3,582Free
    edited May 2013
    yeah i guess but its not like its a big secret or anything, bigfoot could probably ko most anyone but hes so slow... and here's a q, is bigfoots overactive pituitary gland a performance enhancer? :-?

LOL
    Post edited by TigerChamp on

Check out the trophy wall http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147934/forum-trophy-wall#latest
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,022Free
    Totally accurate. I enjoyed the read. I also enjoyed the Fedor bit.

Emelianenko = P4P GOAT
    A. Silva = P4P runner up
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,538Free
    najma said:

Emelianenko = P4P GOAT
    A. Silva = P4P runner up

That's funny!
    fedor gets destroyed by Bigfoot and choked out by werdum and retires, after fighting somewhere in russia = P4P Goat!
    And A.Silva Moving up divisions on short notice, finishing all of his fights since UFC 112 = P4P runner up!

UFC 112! UFC 162 is coming up 50 PPV unbeaten P4P UFC Undisputed Champion and all of em were finishes... weird!

Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,863Free
    His big foot is his weakness
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,488Free
    BigFoot is all of that...he's the fighter who relies on his size more then any other fighter since Brock Lesnar

His two best traits are due to his size...punching power is cuz of his mass...good top game is cuz of his mass

In terms of skill he is way behind many of the HWs..its his size and luck that gets him by

And I don't know whats more shocking...silva having a title shot or bleachers report making a good article
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,571Free
    edited May 2013

najma said:

Emelianenko = P4P GOAT
    A. Silva = P4P runner up

That's funny!
    fedor gets destroyed by Bigfoot and choked out by werdum and retires, after fighting somewhere in russia = P4P Goat!
    And A.Silva Moving up divisions on short notice, finishing all of his fights since UFC 112 = P4P runner up!

UFC 112! UFC 162 is coming up 50 PPV unbeaten P4P UFC Undisputed Champion and all of em were finishes... weird!

You forgot Hendo who had him face down, **** up unconscious. That's legit rape.
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,819Free

najma said:

Emelianenko = P4P GOAT
    A. Silva = P4P runner up

That's funny!

When you rate any fighter's legacy, you have to go by their prime. Nobody can touch Fedor in that respect.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,571Free

najma said:

Emelianenko = P4P GOAT
    A. Silva = P4P runner up

That's funny!

When you rate any fighter's legacy, you have to go by their prime. Nobody can touch Fedor in that respect.
    Jones, Silva and GSP all surpass him.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    haters gonna hate, GOATfoot KOs velasquez hes the greatest HW of all time beating Fedor overeem velasquez
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,156Free
    His big, strong and slow. With an okay chin. People tend to overlook him because he looks a bit slow. And that's where they fall, by underestimating him. Not with Cain though. Cain is going to rip him a new one....Again.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,635Free
    It was a pretty brutal assessment, but fairly accurate (and I like Bigfoot). Still, you can't argue with results. The dude has flaws but he's managed to get some pretty nice wins. It doesn't matter if its luck or skill, a finish is a finish.

Also, an author loses credibility by still clinging the Fedor myth. Fedor's an MMA legend for sure, but the "#1 P4P" nonsense needs to be put to rest. He was great in his day, but the game passed him by.
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 947Free

najma said:

Emelianenko = P4P GOAT
    A. Silva = P4P runner up

That's funny!

Fedor never cut weight to fight smaller men.

At this point, IMO Fedor is still the P4P Goat. Anderson would easily surpass him by fighting for the LHW belt though.
    edited May 2013
    fedor was entertaining and a great fighter, but imo he isnt the goat or p4p1 you cant be p4p1 and goat spending half your career fighting cans in the shallowest division in mma in weak organizations.

he last credible win was agaisnt mark coleman in 2006

his last credible fight was agaisnt a MW (dan henderson) in 2011 which he lost, if anything that proves henderson has more claim to the p4p crown
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

• najmanajma Posts: 2,022Free
    I will ROTFL if the first thing BigFool does in the fight is throwi a low kick :-)
    i will ROTFL if the first thing GOATfoot does in the fight is KO velasquez :)
    "Believe in the beard"

• GN_FDUGN_FDU Posts: 3,803Free
    People still claim Fedor as the P4P GOAT? :))
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,538Free

najma said:

Emelianenko = P4P GOAT
    A. Silva = P4P runner up

That's funny!

At this point, IMO Fedor is still the P4P Goat. Anderson would easily surpass him by fighting for the LHW belt though.
    Ridiculous! He fought Hendo and lost haha, man as a Fedor fan i wouldn't mention too! What's worse than cutting weight to fight smaller man? Fight smaller men and lose at your natural weight! You just failed, Sir!

Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

BruteDion said:

BigFoot is all of that...he's the fighter who relies on his size more then any other fighter since Brock Lesnar

His two best traits are due to his size...punching power is cuz of his mass...good top game is cuz of his mass

In terms of skill he is way behind many of the HWs..its his size and luck that gets him by

And I don't know whats more shocking...silva having a title shot or bleachers report making a good article

The writer of that article is wasted on that **** website.

najma said:

Emelianenko = P4P GOAT
    A. Silva = P4P runner up

That's funny!

Ridiculous! He fought Hendo and lost haha, man as a Fedor fan i wouldn't mention too! What's worse than cutting weight to fight smaller man? Fight smaller men and lose at your natural weight! You just failed, Sir!

I'm not saying that I'm absolutely right or that it's not debatable. I was merely stating my opinion.

As someone said earlier, it isn't exactly fair to judge a fighter by the low points or the end of their career. By the same logic Anderson would have to be discounted for losing to WW's early in his career, which would be ridiculous.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Well it is very accurate except one problem ,it is flawed lol.
    It sounds like he is comparing Silva's flaws to much quicker divisions.This is the HW division where you can be slow as molasses and still everything is relevant.
    He also described BjPenn with that analogy,difference is Penn doesn't come out plodding with a leg kick,just a jab with never a follow up.There are lots of plodding fighters,especially at HW,Hunt ,Mir actually might as well name the whole division,only on rare occasion does someone like Cain come out aggressive and fast.I would say like 1 fight for every 30 at HW are just slow plodding fights,so BigFoot fits right in.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    ijosef said:

It was a pretty brutal assessment, but fairly accurate (and I like Bigfoot). Still, you can't argue with results. The dude has flaws but he's managed to get some pretty nice wins. It doesn't matter if its luck or skill, a finish is a finish.

Also, an author loses credibility by still clinging the Fedor myth. Fedor's an MMA legend for sure, but the "#1 P4P" nonsense needs to be put to rest. He was great in his day, but the game passed him by.

well said
  • PabloskyPablosky Posts: 674Free
    edited May 2013
    still talking about FEDOR? lol
    The fact you're still hating one of the most dominating fighter in the MMA era its the proof of his greatness.

If you know something about SPORTS there is a few man that simple define an era, a few examples,DORKS!

1. Doctor Erving
    2. M. Jordan
    3. B. borg
    4. P. Sampras
    5. R. Marciano
    6. M. Ali
    7. Pele
    8. Maradona
    9. Messi

if you dont know at least 7 of this 9 GOATS, please STFU!!!

Bigfoot its someone in MMA because he passed over the GOAT.
    Post edited by Pablosky on
    thanks god im less stupid now!

edited May 2013
    how about lombard, he dominated the mw division he deserves as much props as fedor, thats of course until they both fought legit competition
    "Believe in the beard"

PunchBag said:

how about lombard, he dominated the mw division he deserves as much props as fedor, thats of course until they both fought legit competition

Most rational people agree that the Pride HW division was stronger than the UFC's during Fedor's prime.

By comparing Lombard's streak to Emelianenko's you have insulted your own intelligence.
    edited May 2013
    yea i know its a bad comparison, but had lombard avoided the ufc and kept fighting there would be idiots on here claiming him as a possible P4P top fighter.

fedor wasnt past his prime when he fought in strikeforce, he just spent a long time fighting 1 dimensional fighters and freak shows, he wasnt ready to fight the new breed of well rounded HWs, before even his pride wins were agaisnt 1 dimensional guys like coleman even if they were the best mma had to offer at that time fedor had a big advantage in being well rounded, it allowed him to find ways to win. But when the competition started to catch up fedor was no where to be seen until it was to late
    "Believe in the beard"

PunchBag said:

Nah.

As someone said earlier the game changed and it passed Fedor by. As the author in the article said Fedor forget he had anything but his right hand in his last couple of fights.

Fedor deserves his accolades for his era- who knows in years to come we may have a champion that surpasses Silva and people will argue that Silva didn't deserve his P4P status. It's the nature of sport

• PabloskyPablosky Posts: 674Free
    edited May 2013
    we all know how AWESOME its fedor's overhand but the most impressive thing its hiss submission techniques!! i dont want to count have many subs he has in his record...i still cant count such high numbers :P
    Post edited by Pablosky on
    thanks god im less stupid now!

• Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,527Free
    Why the hate for one of the best fighters to ever walk this planet? Fedor always came to fight. He didn't hold on for dear life or throw spinning ****. He beat multiple UFC HW champions and he did it with ease.