At 29 yrs. old, Cholish retires after UFC on FX 8 loss

Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free
http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/437174/At-29-yrs-old-Cholish-retires-after-UFC-on-FX-8-loss/


"I'm fortunate enough that I have a job that provides for me really well," Cholish said. "I give a lot of these guys credit that fight at this level. I think they could be compensated much better based on the income that the UFC takes in. Fortunately, I can just walk away and I'm OK with it. By no means do I mean it disrespectfully toward any other fighters because I think they do a great job. But hopefully Zuffa and the UFC will start paying them a little better."

Tagged:
«1

Comments

  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,585Free

    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/437174/At-29-yrs-old-Cholish-retires-after-UFC-on-FX-8-loss/


    "I'm fortunate enough that I have a job that provides for me really well," Cholish said. "I give a lot of these guys credit that fight at this level. I think they could be compensated much better based on the income that the UFC takes in. Fortunately, I can just walk away and I'm OK with it. By no means do I mean it disrespectfully toward any other fighters because I think they do a great job. But hopefully Zuffa and the UFC will start paying them a little better."

    Next life he maybe should try to win some fights and get some bonus money, MMA is like any other sport u bring nothing, u get nothing... was never impressed by him!

    image
    image
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1
    image







  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,006Free

    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/437174/At-29-yrs-old-Cholish-retires-after-UFC-on-FX-8-loss/


    "I'm fortunate enough that I have a job that provides for me really well," Cholish said. "I give a lot of these guys credit that fight at this level. I think they could be compensated much better based on the income that the UFC takes in. Fortunately, I can just walk away and I'm OK with it. By no means do I mean it disrespectfully toward any other fighters because I think they do a great job. But hopefully Zuffa and the UFC will start paying them a little better."

    Next life he maybe should try to win some fights and get some bonus money, MMA is like any other sport u bring nothing, u get nothing... was never impressed by him!

    In your current life maybe you should do some research and be more respectful. Plenty of fighters have publicly stated the UFC pays peanuts. And no the MMA is not like other sports. Tell me a situation in MMA where a fat QB who could throw far gets 50 million guaranteed and ends up playing at a terrible level and leaves the league.
    image
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,585Free
    edited May 2013

    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/437174/At-29-yrs-old-Cholish-retires-after-UFC-on-FX-8-loss/


    "I'm fortunate enough that I have a job that provides for me really well," Cholish said. "I give a lot of these guys credit that fight at this level. I think they could be compensated much better based on the income that the UFC takes in. Fortunately, I can just walk away and I'm OK with it. By no means do I mean it disrespectfully toward any other fighters because I think they do a great job. But hopefully Zuffa and the UFC will start paying them a little better."

    Next life he maybe should try to win some fights and get some bonus money, MMA is like any other sport u bring nothing, u get nothing... was never impressed by him!

    In your current life maybe you should do some research and be more respectful. Plenty of fighters have publicly stated the UFC pays peanuts. And no the MMA is not like other sports. Tell me a situation in MMA where a fat QB who could throw far gets 50 million guaranteed and ends up playing at a terrible level and leaves the league.
    UFC = 15years!
    NFL = 100years almost!
    can't compare it!
    But the Main difference is AF is way more dangerous than MMA...
    QB's risks their lifes! I rather fight 3 times a year, 15min per fight, instead of a having a f****** 350lbs linebacker run me over 5 times a week(when u r lucky)! More games = More money! U can't give a fighter a 50million dollar paycheck for fighting 45min a year...
    i never hear fighters complain as long they're still under ufc contract, why is that?
    Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on
    image
    image
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1
    image







  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,585Free
    PATSTER said:

    He has a high paying job that will pay him for the rest of his life.

    He'd be dumb to continue to fight.

    So i guess he talks shi*, cos he can't be what he wanted to be...

    image
    image
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1
    image







  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,875Free
    4k to show 4k for a win....I'd be going back to making better money without the violence too.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free

    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/437174/At-29-yrs-old-Cholish-retires-after-UFC-on-FX-8-loss/


    "I'm fortunate enough that I have a job that provides for me really well," Cholish said. "I give a lot of these guys credit that fight at this level. I think they could be compensated much better based on the income that the UFC takes in. Fortunately, I can just walk away and I'm OK with it. By no means do I mean it disrespectfully toward any other fighters because I think they do a great job. But hopefully Zuffa and the UFC will start paying them a little better."

    Next life he maybe should try to win some fights and get some bonus money, MMA is like any other sport u bring nothing, u get nothing... was never impressed by him!

    In your current life maybe you should do some research and be more respectful. Plenty of fighters have publicly stated the UFC pays peanuts. And no the MMA is not like other sports. Tell me a situation in MMA where a fat QB who could throw far gets 50 million guaranteed and ends up playing at a terrible level and leaves the league.
    UFC = 15years!
    NFL = 100years almost!
    can't compare it!
    But the Main difference is AF is way more dangerous than MMA...
    QB's risks their lifes! I rather fight 3 times a year, 15min per fight, instead of a having a f****** 350lbs linebacker run me over 5 times a week(when u r lucky)! More games = More money! U can't give a fighter a 50million dollar paycheck for fighting 45min a year...
    i never hear fighters complain as long they're still under ufc contract, why is that?
    As much as i really hate to agree with Finish here... he has a point. People go every week to see these teams play during the season. They make million more then the ufc during this games. What people need to understand is ufc is still new... AND BEFORE SOME **** RETARD BRINGS UP BOXING ONLY THE TOP BOXERS GET PAID GOOD AND THE REST GET **** COMPARED TO THE UFC
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

    Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

    Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,585Free
    @Carnages41 Football isn't more dangerous than MMA?
    image
    image
    image
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1
    image







  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    There been plenty of guys while under ufc contract complain...you know why...its cuz its them being paid **** to complain bout it

    This kid
    Nick Diaz (on his first ufc run)
    Hendo
    Randy
    Jason Mcdonald
    Aaron Riley

    That's the second guy who has retired cuz they find better money not fighting...**** Mcdonald retired cuz he made more as a Prison Guard...I.mean really...thats a 40k a year job he left for

    I'm not saying they all need to be millionaires...Cain V. Is worth 900k...and for a guy who has been fighting only a few years thats damn good and Dana and Co. Should be praised for helping a guy who only has fought for a few years that rich

    But not every guy does not have the blessing of quick success like Cain...all I would ask of the UFC is a respect able set standard for pay for its lower tier fighters...every sport legit physical sport has them...and I think 50k is respectable if a fighter meets a minimal set of fights a year (3 is good to me...maybe even 4)

    Now the critics out there would say 50k is alot...no way in hell is it alot...most of all when your CEO is talking bout cutting 1/3 of his payroll (the 100 cuts he plans to make)
    Sig record
    40-21

    Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

    What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

    A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

    < img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,259Free
    No its not

    That's why in highschool they have football teams and not MMA teams
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    image
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,585Free
    edited May 2013

    No its not

    That's why in highschool they have football teams and not MMA teams

    Wow!
    MIXED MARTIAL ARTS...
    Highschool's have wrestling, which is one of the importances of MMA..they will never allow ''kids'' fighting each other at school, dawg that's BS!

    Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on
    image
    image
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1
    image







  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,585Free
    Fact is AF is more dangerous... u can f*** up your life by playing 3 games per week! Period!
    image
    image
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1
    image







  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,259Free
    Or you could get your jaw broken ala stefan struve

    or be brain dead ala that black guy
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    image
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,585Free
    edited May 2013

    Or you could get your jaw broken ala stefan struve

    or be brain dead ala that black guy

    You ''could get'', that's right!
    But in AF it happens 20 times a week and even worse stuff than broken jaws! Some players can't walk anymore to this very day!!!
    Football (Soccer) seems to be really harmless right?
    image
    Vitor's kick is nothing compared to this one :D
    KTFO!

    Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on
    image
    image
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1
    image







  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free

    Or you could get your jaw broken ala stefan struve

    or be brain dead ala that black guy

    You ''could get'', that's right!
    But in AF it happens 20 times a week and even worse stuff than broken jaws! Some players can't walk anymore to this very day!!!

    I can agree with this...I have been around the game from little league-high school-college and now as a coach

    And i have seen one death,two kids who can no longer walk cuz of being paralized,two permanent limps due to blew out knees,and one kidney failed due to a direct hit at full speed

    The last one was my friend and up til his untimely death in an auto crash he had problems with his kidneys

    That's not counting the many many concussions...and who knows the lasting effects of that
    Sig record
    40-21

    Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

    What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

    A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

    < img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,775Ultimate
    HOF next year
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,613Free

    Or you could get your jaw broken ala stefan struve

    or be brain dead ala that black guy

    Rampage is just stupid, not necessarily brain dead
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,259Free

    Or you could get your jaw broken ala stefan struve

    or be brain dead ala that black guy

    Rampage is just stupid, not necessarily brain dead
    lol shutup
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    image
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    edited May 2013
    See here we go again,the fighters only speak up when they leave.There is definitely 100% a problem with fighters pay at the LOW end of scale.I know Lorenzo will be quick to point to the higher end of the scale or OTHER sports.I just heard Dana commenting on Fitch and said guys get fired in all sports.Umm no sorry Dana top tier guys don't get fired,they might get traded or put on a different line but good players remain until they choose to retire.

    I also know Dana likes to spew nonsense about how small the sport is ,i say LOL idiot.
    I like to use Hockey because hockey revenue is generated ONLY in two countries,the USA and Canada.The UFC is generating revenue from several countries.
    The NHL also has a HUGE payroll to cover,not only more players,but refs,managers,transportation,medical for EVERY player,benefits,PENSION plan and farm teams and agents TONS of equipment costs, everything the UFC has and more..Quite often players clear waivers and get sent down and are still making millions in the minors.Oh ya the UFC doesn't even have a minors or entry level system [TUF] hardly a system..

    Lowest paid guy in the NHL makes 475,000 dollars a year guaranteed.Of the 500 or so in the UFC how many make that,maybe 60 and that is with much less incentives like pension for example.

    I really feel sorry for these guys,they are being duped out of their fair share of the revenue.The NHL last i checked was around 65% to the players,Lorenzo wouldn't give exact but said they were close to 50,to me that means more like 40%.or less,he is probably including other costs that any other sports endures and more.
    Post edited by zaksame on
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • DarksjeikDarksjeik Posts: 2,245Free

    Or you could get your jaw broken ala stefan struve

    or be brain dead ala that black guy

    You ''could get'', that's right!
    But in AF it happens 20 times a week and even worse stuff than broken jaws! Some players can't walk anymore to this very day!!!
    Football (Soccer) seems to be really harmless right?
    image
    Vitor's kick is nothing compared to this one :D
    KTFO!


    Lol, yeah I remember that one, this was pretty awesome as well:

    text



  • rick10rick10 Posts: 185Free
    edited May 2013
    zaksame said:

    See here we go again,the fighters only speak up when they leave.There is definitely 100% a problem with fighters pay at the LOW end of scale.I know Lorenzo will be quick to point to the higher end of the scale or OTHER sports.I just heard Dana commenting on Fitch and said guys get fired in all sports.Umm no sorry Dana top tier guys don't get fired,they might get traded or put on a different line but good players remain until they choose to retire.

    I also know Dana likes to spew nonsense about how small the sport is ,i say LOL idiot.
    I like to use Hockey because hockey revenue is generated ONLY in two countries,the USA and Canada.The UFC is generating revenue from several countries.
    The NHL also has a HUGE payroll to cover,not only more players,but refs,managers,transportation,medical for EVERY player,benefits,PENSION plan and farm teams and agents TONS of equipment costs, everything the UFC has and more..Quite often players clear waivers and get sent down and are still making millions in the minors.Oh ya the UFC doesn't even have a minors or entry level system [TUF] hardly a system..

    Lowest paid guy in the NHL makes 475,000 dollars a year guaranteed.Of the 500 or so in the UFC how many make that,maybe 60 and that is with much less incentives like pension for example.

    I really feel sorry for these guys,they are being duped out of their fair share of the revenue.The NHL last i checked was around 65% to the players,Lorenzo wouldn't give exact but said they were close to 50,to me that means more like 40%.or less,he is probably including other costs that any other sports endures and more.

    how many times a year a NHL team plays??... How long are these games??

    mma fighter may co mpete3 -4 times a year and you are asking for him to get pay as much as a hockey player? . Bottom line is if you want to make the big bucks then you better start winning some fights.

    Most of the these fighters are getting low income dont even last 3 rounds. You gotta earn it ! Train hard , win fights

    You also forgot to mention how many great hockey players do not even get to play in the NHL , i personally know of 2 that quit high school ,( went to camp or something like that) pay crazy amount of money for personal trainers , trained day and night and they did not even make NHL even though they are NHL quality , and trust me they do not make anywhere close to 450k a year. Its easier to become a mma fighter than a NHL , NBA, SOCCER, NFL player. There are a lot of high level athletes out there that spend there whole life trying to make it to the top and because of the amount of competition they are now making peanuts or working an 8 to 5 job.,
    Post edited by rick10 on
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    QBs risk their lives. Thats just not true at all. They're a protected species at all levels. You can't hit them in the head or legs, can't use your helmet to hit them, they can slide, they might have 7+ guys in protection.

    MMA is one on one. Only the ref can save you from a situation that effectively would end in your death if he didn't step in. Couldn't be more different
    image
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    rick10 said:

    zaksame said:

    See here we go again,the fighters only speak up when they leave.There is definitely 100% a problem with fighters pay at the LOW end of scale.I know Lorenzo will be quick to point to the higher end of the scale or OTHER sports.I just heard Dana commenting on Fitch and said guys get fired in all sports.Umm no sorry Dana top tier guys don't get fired,they might get traded or put on a different line but good players remain until they choose to retire.

    I also know Dana likes to spew nonsense about how small the sport is ,i say LOL idiot.
    I like to use Hockey because hockey revenue is generated ONLY in two countries,the USA and Canada.The UFC is generating revenue from several countries.
    The NHL also has a HUGE payroll to cover,not only more players,but refs,managers,transportation,medical for EVERY player,benefits,PENSION plan and farm teams and agents TONS of equipment costs, everything the UFC has and more..Quite often players clear waivers and get sent down and are still making millions in the minors.Oh ya the UFC doesn't even have a minors or entry level system [TUF] hardly a system..

    Lowest paid guy in the NHL makes 475,000 dollars a year guaranteed.Of the 500 or so in the UFC how many make that,maybe 60 and that is with much less incentives like pension for example.

    I really feel sorry for these guys,they are being duped out of their fair share of the revenue.The NHL last i checked was around 65% to the players,Lorenzo wouldn't give exact but said they were close to 50,to me that means more like 40%.or less,he is probably including other costs that any other sports endures and more.

    how many times a year a NHL team plays??... How long are these games??

    mma fighter may co mpete3 -4 times a year and you are asking for him to get pay as much as a hockey player? . Bottom line is if you want to make the big bucks then you better start winning some fights.

    Most of the these fighters are getting low income dont even last 3 rounds. You gotta earn it ! Train hard , win fights

    You also forgot to mention how many great hockey players do not even get to play in the NHL , i personally know of 2 that quit high school ,( went to camp or something like that) pay crazy amount of money for personal trainers , trained day and night and they did not even make NHL even though they are NHL quality , and trust me they do not make anywhere close to 450k a year. Its easier to become a mma fighter than a NHL , NBA, SOCCER, NFL player. There are a lot of high level athletes out there that spend there whole life trying to make it to the top and because of the amount of competition they are now making peanuts or working an 8 to 5 job.,
    That's very true...but I don't think the ideal of "win fights and you get paid" that's not even close to being right every time

    Jon Fitch had one of the greatest runs in UFC history and yet he made little compared to guys he even beat like Thiago Alves

    Winning does not always equal more money...there also are alot of other factors in it like promotion and the biggest one like THE OTHER GUY IS TRYING TO WIN ASWELL

    How many times does two no-names who wre earning 5k to show 5k to win...whwt happens?...one guy loses cuz one has too...and maybe hes cut...maybe he's not

    But if hes not cut hes back the the drawing boards...another day to face a guy who has trained and wants it just as much as he does

    MMA is the very definition of "dog eat dog world" and i would have it no other way...all i would ask is a set standard for the small guy to make decent living to where training full time is a easy choice...and a 50k for 3-4 fight deal i think is fair
    Sig record
    40-21

    Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

    What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

    A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

    < img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,604Free
    He was terrible anyways...
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

    Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

    GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU


  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,604Free
    jduk said:

    QBs risk their lives. Thats just not true at all. They're a protected species at all levels. You can't hit them in the head or legs, can't use your helmet to hit them, they can slide, they might have 7+ guys in protection.

    MMA is one on one. Only the ref can save you from a situation that effectively would end in your death if he didn't step in. Couldn't be more different

    While I don't completely disagree with your post, a QBs livelihood is absolutely on the line everytime he steps on the field. A penalty or fine isnt going to magically halt a 2-300 lb monster from launching his body into your head or legs, just like the rule against eyepokes doesn't at all prevent guys from throwing little "feeler" jabs with their fingers fully extended.

    Just a few years ago Tom Brady was out for almost the entire season because somebody smashed his knee up. QBs get knocked out of games and concussed all the time.

    Having 7 guys protecting you doesn't mean a thing when defenses purposefully scheme to overload the protection and get a man free to attack the QB.

    Just saying...
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

    Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

    GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU


  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,585Free

    jduk said:

    QBs risk their lives. Thats just not true at all. They're a protected species at all levels. You can't hit them in the head or legs, can't use your helmet to hit them, they can slide, they might have 7+ guys in protection.

    MMA is one on one. Only the ref can save you from a situation that effectively would end in your death if he didn't step in. Couldn't be more different

    While I don't completely disagree with your post, a QBs livelihood is absolutely on the line everytime he steps on the field. A penalty or fine isnt going to magically halt a 2-300 lb monster from launching his body into your head or legs, just like the rule against eyepokes doesn't at all prevent guys from throwing little "feeler" jabs with their fingers fully extended.

    Just a few years ago Tom Brady was out for almost the entire season because somebody smashed his knee up. QBs get knocked out of games and concussed all the time.

    Having 7 guys protecting you doesn't mean a thing when defenses purposefully scheme to overload the protection and get a man free to attack the QB.

    Just saying...
    I meant their sportler careers are on the line ,like they can never walk again if they get hit wrong and they have to play 3-4 games a week the injury risks are higher compared to mma! if somebody dies in a sport is always the worse case scenario!
    image
    image
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1
    image







  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,640Free

    UFC = 15years!
    NFL = 100years almost!
    can't compare it!
    That's an important difference that's often overlooked. I'm not supporting or denouncing UFC fighter pay, but it's worth a look at the history of other professional sports organizations. Most people don't realize that spring training camp for football players came about because the athletes had jobs during the off season and had to get back in playing shape. It wasn't that long ago that pro football didn't pay all that well - not enough to raise a family off of, that's for sure. It was a universe away from the millions of dollars guys are getting now.

    Anyone who remembers vintage fake wrasslin' probably knows Chief Wahoo McDaniel. He played football professionally for the NY Jets (among others) in the 60's and was one of the more popular players on the team. The main reason he did the fake wrasslin' was because he needed to make money in the off season. He eventually started doing the wrasslin' full time.
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    ijosef said:


    UFC = 15years!
    NFL = 100years almost!
    can't compare it!
    That's an important difference that's often overlooked. I'm not supporting or denouncing UFC fighter pay, but it's worth a look at the history of other professional sports organizations. Most people don't realize that spring training camp for football players came about because the athletes had jobs during the off season and had to get back in playing shape. It wasn't that long ago that pro football didn't pay all that well - not enough to raise a family off of, that's for sure. It was a universe away from the millions of dollars guys are getting now.

    Anyone who remembers vintage fake wrasslin' probably knows Chief Wahoo McDaniel. He played football professionally for the NY Jets (among others) in the 60's and was one of the more popular players on the team. The main reason he did the fake wrasslin' was because he needed to make money in the off season. He eventually started doing the wrasslin' full time.
    That's all very true...and to this day many NFL struggle to make money for the family but thats mostly thier fualt

    But back on point...the "look at NFL back then" argument is not valid...this is a new era...what your pretty much doing is saying its ok to do bad cuz other bad things have happened be4

    I didnt bring up the NFL...and i do think its unfair to bring it up to make a case against the UFC....but there is no valid excuse to not pay a repectable sporting wage to the peak of the sports guy...anyone who makes it to the UFC are the best guys in thier sport

    Giving a guy enough to be able to feed his family and train full time is enough...the top guys are paid damn well...maybe even to much...there is no excuse to give a guy 5k to show 5k to win and maybe only 3 fights in that year if that
    Sig record
    40-21

    Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

    What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

    A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

    < img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • ipso_factoipso_facto Posts: 1,026Free
    ijosef said:


    UFC = 15years!
    NFL = 100years almost!
    can't compare it!
    That's an important difference that's often overlooked. I'm not supporting or denouncing UFC fighter pay, but it's worth a look at the history of other professional sports organizations. Most people don't realize that spring training camp for football players came about because the athletes had jobs during the off season and had to get back in playing shape. It wasn't that long ago that pro football didn't pay all that well - not enough to raise a family off of, that's for sure. It was a universe away from the millions of dollars guys are getting now.
    You can't compare the years required for development of other sports to MMA. 60 plus years ago there wasn't even television, only that of what newspapers printed or (if lucky) a scratchy sounding radio broadcast. Compare that to all that we have today...growth has been accelerated exponentially.

    From a viewer perspective, the growth of MMA has plateaued...perhaps even shrinking with its newness and curiosity to some having worn off. Any new growth being experienced at this point is only that of new gyms sprouting up...mostly in areas where there are no longer any decent paying jobs for average unskilled workers. They've all been shipped across the southern border and overseas in favor of CHEAP LABOR and HIGHER PROFITS...of which, the UFC is applying the exact same principle with more than half of its fighter roster.
    Favorites:



    HW - M. Mitrione, C. Velasquez

    LHW - K. Soszynski, A. Johnson

    MW - B. Stann, T. Credeur

    WW - M. Brown, M. Pyle

    LW - J. Lauzon, N. Diaz

    FW - F. Edgar, D. Siver

    BW - D. Cruz, U. Faber
  • TigerChampTigerChamp Nicolas CagePosts: 3,627Free
    Sorry for long read, I wont try to bring other sports into this and ill try to keep this focused.

    Right now the UFC is growing in popularity on a worldwide scale, biggest organisation in mma tv deals etc.

    They have the biggest most popular product of its kind on the market, well known or high level fighters who have fought and won their reputation, are paid quite respectable money, and im sure Dana and Lorenzo and the rest also make sure they look after themselves for all the hard work they put in.

    I'm pretty sure an entry level contract now is 8K show 8K win disclosed. Now cutting the **** that is simply too low. if you fight and win 4 times in a year, without any change in contract that is $64K, and how many fighters go 4 and 0 coming into the UFC, a few sure but most will probably average 2 and 2 which brings the disclosed figure to $48K. Considering the time, sacrifice and training costs to make it to the biggest organisation worldwide thats simply not paying market value.

    The UFC could pull a power move now while people are discussing the issue and increase disclosed entry level fighter pay quite significantly, lets say 20k show 20K win, and in doing so both make the fighters get a better share, allowing them to focus on what they are being paid for, and show the fans that the UFC looks after its fighters, and is the place fighters want to be.

    ___________________________________________________________________________
    image

    Check out the trophy wall http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147934/forum-trophy-wall#latest
Sign In or Register to comment.