Who wants to see Jones vs Machida II?

KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
edited May 2013 in UFC
I personally wouldn't prefer it. I honestly think that it's Gustaffson turn at gold. No ill will to Machida, but I cannot see for sure where Machida makes up any ground from the last fight, but no ill will intended at all. Also, Gustaffson on a roll and offers a fresher match up for the champ imho.

I'm curious to see who on the forum wants to see Jones vs Machida II, and/or why. Preferably over Jones vs Gustaffson, but not a big deal

Who wants to see Jones vs Machida II?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*

Comments

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,310Free
    edited May 2013
    No. because..
    No, I don't want to see Machida's unconscious body thrown to the ground again, followed by Jones pimp walking away.

I'm way more interested in seeing new bodies get in there with Jones.

Also Chael exposed Jon's glass toe. Future fighters should capatalize. LoL B-)
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• wedo619wedo619 Posts: 1,259Free
    Yes, because..
    yes bacause because he could possible take him out on the feet. he has the best chance in the lhw division
    photo NickDiazHitem.jpg

sigbet record- 1-0
  • Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    Yes, because..
    Yes because machida would KO him.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
    No. because..

Like he did the in their first fight right?

No
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,836Free
    Yes, because..
    i want to see machida vs jones 2 becuase machida is so far the only person to win a round agaisnt jones
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    edited May 2013
    Yes, because..
    PoloRidah said:

Like he did the in their first fight.

No
    He would have if jones didn't get saved by the bell.
    Post edited by Weidman_the_GOAT on

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,589Free
    edited May 2013
    Yes, because..
    He beat hendo and is the #1. contender...
    he's also the only one who has at least a small chance in the LHW division from all Top 3 fighters.... I believe JBJ would make short process of Gus ladies and gentleman!!! Future contender is Glover he's powerful and could might bring JBJ some problems!
    I still see em all lose to JBJ unfortunatly!!!
    Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,959Free
    No. because..
    He did earn another shot but in way of a good fight,no. I still see Jones having way too much strength over Machida. Jones via takedown's and ground n pound
    edited May 2013
    Yes, because..
    yea if jones comes in with the gameplan to take machida down and elbow him into the canvas then it would be a short night for machida, only reason why machida even won a round ws because jones likes to beat his opponents at their own game much like fedor.

if he just ocnstantly went for his opponents weakness then fights would be over in the first round alot more
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

No. because..
    Jones already proved he doesn't have to take Machida down to finish him. LoL

Let Machida drink some piss and we can see new opponents in there with Jones.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,175Free
    No. because..
    I voted no. But I should had voted yes. Because I want to see Jon Jones knock Peeyoto Macheeto out with his Overhand Left. So yes. Make it happen. Jon Jones by Overhand Left KO in the first round. Machida ain't changing nothing.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • cromwellcromwell Posts: 655Free
    Yes, because..
    yes because he earned the shot winning the no1 contender fight. I also think gus is not ready yet and believe out of all the top lhw's machida has the best chance of beating jones, i don't think he will tho.
    "You say im not great, i say i am great. However, i know myself better than you know me, so my conclusion of myself is therefore more accurate."
    No. because..
    @Weidman_the_goat thinks "trolling" is when someone disagrees with him in a poll thread. LoL
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,607Free
    No. because..
    No because I want Jesusfort to KO that stupid atheist Macheater.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    No. because..
    No

Machida was one of his easiest fights, the dude couldn't even last 2 rounds.

Rashad/Rampage/Vitor deserve a rematch more
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,021Free
    I wont even watch that ghey **** rematch. Let Glover or DC knock that can Jones around.
  • JonBonesJonesFanJonBonesJonesFan Posts: 13,363Free
    No. because..
    No because up until Jones caught Machida the fight was boring. Also, I do not want to see it because Machida was beating Jones on the feet but the judges still scored round 1 to Jones! Seriously wtf... Jones lost round 1, albeit an uneventful and **** round he still lost it imo.
    The GOAT Rain_Wizard slapped the taste out of my mouth.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Yes, because..
    Yes, he has earned it. More than once.

edited May 2013
    No. because..
    GoToGuy said:

more than once? beating Bader? being gifted a decision vs Hendo in b.s. fight that I will never re-watch due to how **** it was? are you refering to the first time he was gifted a title shot at Jones? He ko-d an old man who was to retire, before that he had 2 losses in a row (arguably 3)

seriously wtf.

Machida earned his shot at Evans... He has earned nothing else.
    Post edited by JonBonesJonesFan on

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds
    Yes, because..

No because up until Jones caught Machida the fight was boring. Also, I do not want to see it because Machida was beating Jones on the feet but the judges still scored round 1 to Jones! Seriously wtf... Jones lost round 1, albeit an uneventful and **** round he still lost it imo.

how do you know the judges give round 1 to jones when the fight ended in round 2
    "Believe in the beard"

No. because..

GoToGuy said:

more than once? beating Bader? being gifted a decision vs Hendo in b.s. fight that I will never re-watch due to how **** it was? are you refering to the first time he was gifted a title shot at Jones? He ko-d an old man who was to retire, before that he had 2 losses in a row (arguably 3)

seriously wtf.

Machida earned his shot at Evans... He has earned nothing else.
    this lol

Machida hasn't earned ****
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No. because..
    PunchBag said:

how do you know the judges give round 1 to jones when the fight ended in round 2
    let me try to find it. Some reporter said it. you know how sometimes they'll say like "Chael was winning the fight 49-43 according to the scorecards before he was submitted by Anderson Silva" this was something similar

• MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,280Free
    No. because..
    i dont like seeing runners...

though it would be fun seeing him laid out agin...

No. because..
    PunchBag said:

found it. here you go:

ridiculous right??!!

No. because..
    lol landing one punch doesn't give you the round

Jones won round 1

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    edited May 2013
    No. because..
    Machida fights a lot like his buddy Silva,they trained together so no surprises.This means one dimensinal,you can always expect the exact same pose/stance movements.In other words Machida has and will never improve ,so no i am not interested in the same fight again.
    LOL@ anyone who thinks Machida won round 1,he wasn't even clsoe to winning a round,he did nothing but stand there and wait then run in wildly for a second then run again.
    He was never effective,i was blowing m,y top watching Jones give the guy way too much respect and finally in round 2 Jones woke and realized this guy is not in his league and just owned him.
    Post edited by zaksame on
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
    No. because..

Jones won round 1

1 punch > 0 punches

I don't like it but Machida won round 1

No. because..
    lol look at this fight metric... it is exactly why I don't want to see it again...

http://hosteddb.fightmetric.com/fights/index/3678

No. because..

Jones won round 1

1 punch > 0 punches

I don't like it but Machida won round 1
    I like Machida....but he lost that round

You have to beat the champion, not try to barley win rounds against him

• IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,959Free