Is Belfort the real number one contender?

waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
After belfort sliced through both Bisping and Rochold, does he have larger claim to the number one contender spot than current #1 contender Weidman?
On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

Tagged:

Comments

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,136Free
    Yeah he already deserved a rematch with Anderson before his KO of Rockhold Saturday night.

Problem is Vitor has shown zero interest in actually fighting Anderson again. If Bisping would of beat Vitor it was said that he would of got a title shot. Well why didn't Vitor get a title shot out of it?

Punchbag brought up a good point that maybe the UFC is having Vitor take out up and comers to free Silva up for a super fight, but I don't think Silva is the problem with making these superfights happen. It's the other P4P guys preventing them from happening imo.

I'd like to see what comes out of all of this.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,534Free
    Call me crazy but I think Weidman is a lot better and smarter fighter than Cockhold and Pissping. I would love to see him fight Jesusfort.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,533Free
    edited May 2013
    Vitor would split weidman in two with an axe kick :D he improves his kicking game so much i'm really impressed, He was ''just'' a high level striker and now he kicks heads off shoulders!
    Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,534Free

Call me crazy but I think Weidman is a lot better and smarter fighter than Cockhold and Pissping. I would love to see him fight Jesusfort.

smarter than Cockhold, the black belt in score pointsu? i don't think so
    Yeah how could Weidman be smarter than a guy who fights an opponent with God's Odds, coming off a Highlight KO win, while keeping his hands low. That Cockhold is a brainiac.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    Beating Bisping was enough to make him #1 contender for me. Beating Rockhold in exactly the same fashion cements that IMHO

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,782Free
    waikru said:

After belfort sliced through both Bisping and Rochold, does he have larger claim to the number one contender spot than current #1 contender Weidman?

lol okami vitor and souza have more of a claim than weidman, he was gifted a title shot.

"Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,646Free
    Nah

But he's definitely the #2 contender

He needs a rematch
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,651Free
    He def deserves a rematch but at the same time he's been gifted strikers this whole time. Have him face a wrestler before fighting Silva again!!!
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,782Free
    but silva isnt a wrestler
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,193Free

He def deserves a rematch but at the same time he's been gifted strikers this whole time. Have him face a wrestler before fighting Silva again!!!

Yeah because Silva is such a great wrestler.......

Did you forget that Vitor beat HW wrestler Rumble at MW?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    Vitor has also faced the biggest legends of this sport: Couture, Wanderlei, Sakuraba, Liddell, Ortiz, Overreem, Henderson, Fanklin, Silva, and Jones. He almost exclusively fights GOATs.

"Believe in the beard"

....Im saying he's been gifted title shots by getting all strikers late in his career. Get off that Belfort **** fellas.

Anthony Johnson is not a great wrestler. The most he's ever done is LnP on Dan Hardy.

• GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Yes, Vitor deserves it way more. Weidman is riding one win over a top 10 MW high.

....Im saying he's been gifted title shots by getting all strikers late in his career. Get off that Belfort **** fellas.

Anthony Johnson is not a great wrestler. The most he's ever done is LnP on Dan Hardy.

Ok

name me all the better wrestlers than Rumble at MW
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok

I know you're trolling but i'll play along....

Munoz, BOestch, Okami, Weidman, Tim Kennedy, Lawlor. Sonnen when he was there too.
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,533Free
    edited May 2013

Ok

Sonnen! Okami''can''(except his grappling)! maybe munoz they're are close but sonnen and okami would outwrestle him...he also got submitted by vitor!!!

Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

I feel like Boestch would break Vitor.
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    waikru said:

Vitor has also faced the biggest legends of this sport: Couture, Wanderlei, Sakuraba, Liddell, Ortiz, Overreem, Henderson, Fanklin, Silva, and Jones. He almost exclusively fights GOATs.

and he lost most of them lol.

The fight won't happen because he will not fight in America which is where they would want it. He hasn't called Silva out once yet.

Ok

Munoz, BOestch, Okami, Weidman, Tim Kennedy, Lawlor. Sonnen when he was there too.
    Vitor would beat all of those guys easily (Sonnen not included, he is a LHW)

Okami may have a chance, but he's too slow

Gabri1985 said:

waikru said:

The fight won't happen because he will not fight in America which is where they would want it. He hasn't called Silva out once yet.
    When your fighting nothing but GOATS, you wil lose a couple. Its better than taking nothing but safe fights and maintain an artificially good win/loss record.

"Believe in the beard"

I feel like Boestch would break Vitor.

Boetch has yet to look impressive.

"Believe in the beard"

Ok

Belfort could be challenged by Weidman, Okami, and maybe Munoz. However, the rest of the guys you named would definately get buried.

"Believe in the beard"

waikru said:

Ok

Belfort could be challenged by Weidman, Okami, and maybe Munoz. However, the rest of the guys you named would definately get buried.
    Munoz is a ****ing can

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    edited May 2013
    waikru said:

Gabri1985 said:

waikru said:

When your fighting nothing but GOATS, you wil lose a couple. Its better than taking nothing but safe fights and maintain an artificially good win/loss record.
    he is 3-10 against those guys lol
    Post edited by Gabri1985 on

waikru said:

Ok

Munoz is a ****ing can
    I didn't say he would beat him, but I would give him a chance to score a decision win even though I find it unlikely.

"Believe in the beard"

Gabri1985 said:

waikru said:

Gabri1985 said:

waikru said:

he is 3-10 against those guys lol
    LOL! So he has a slightly below average winning record.

"Believe in the beard"

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,377Free
    There's no one else in the MW division who can claim the #1 contender spot but Vitor. Four fight win streak, last two wins over top contenders.

Vitor deserves it next!!

War Belfort!
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,157Free
    Hard to say imo. Bisping/Rockhold and Munoz/Maia are roughly the same level of competition. Belfort was way more impressive in his wins though. But you also have to take into account timing and Weidman was the only one that made sense. I don't really have a problem with Weidman getting the shot.

Belfort is next in line if a super fight doesn't happen (it won't) that is for sure.
  • skullboneskullbone Posts: 1,950Free
    Vitor has definitely proven he's not done being a real contender. I've been impressed with him lately. He deserves another title shot.