Chael's spinning backfist in the second Silva fight should be discredited because of his TRT use

SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
edited May 2013 in UFC
I think fair is fair and we should all stop talking about Chael Sonnen's spinning backfist. He wouldn't have went for it if it wasn't for TRT. TRT makes everything that happens not count. How could you possibly blame Chael for attempting a spinning back fist when he was on TRT!?

TRT allows you to train more reps, and gives you more confidence, and THAT is why Chael went for the spinning backfist that cost him the fight

It's crazy to give anyone credit or blame for anything they do in the cage if they are on TRT. I say that, even though it's legal, we should have every match redone when someone was on TRT. Give Chael his 4th title shot!! It's about time we as mma fans stop with our selective TRT outrage, and start getting mad at TRT costing Chael a championship!
Post edited by Sisti on
Tagged:

Comments

• chanman20chanman20 Posts: 4,843Free
    no one is even talking about that...
    “But in the end, the most important thing to accept, is that no matter how alone you feel, how painful it may be, with the help of those around you, you'll get through this too."

Chael Sonnen will make Jon Jones look like the can that he is when he becomes the LHW Champion.

Frank Mir
    Bj Penn
    Nate Daiz
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    chanman20 said:

no one is even talking about that...

dude haven't you heard, EVERYONE is saying Vitor is taking TRT and that's why he landed a sick kick. TRT allowed him to train more reps, recover faster, and have more confidence. We need to stop just getting on people for being good, and be mad at TRT for costing people fights too
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,253Free
    edited May 2013
    LoL Sisti hasn't posted in ages.

Chanman is right though, no one has mentioned this in a while. All the TRT hype is directed at Vitor currently since he has been kicking heads off.
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

LoL Sisti hasn't posted in ages.

Chanman is right though, no one has mentioned this in a while. All the TRT hype is directed at Vitor currently since he has been kicking heads off.

haha i know...i missed this place. i've been in japan and stuff. but yeah, i think the trt thing was quite retarded after vitor's win. the guy has been ridiculously sick since he's 19 and deserves credit. people do a lot of things to give them an edge...they hire all the best trainers, they weigh 195 for a fight where the weight limit is 170, etc. it's kinda retarded that everyone is just on vitor when he's doing something that's LEGAL and allowed in mma
  • AxeMurduhAxeMurduh ShuragogaunepechwanPosts: 1,918Free
    AxeMurduh said:

Chael is a bum

so are you trying to say, TRT doesn't automatically make you good?
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,817Free
    this thread is a bum
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

PunchBag said:

this thread is a bum

this thread is an object, not a person
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    Testosterone improves athletic performance, so suggesting that it makes a loss not count is a stupid argument.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

The premise that TRT doesn't aid the fighter is stupid. If TRT doesn't help Vitor's athletic performance in the cage, then why does he use it?

"Believe in the beard"

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,557Free
    waikru said:

The premise that TRT doesn't aid the fighter is stupid. If TRT doesn't help Vitor's athletic performance in the cage, then why does he use it?

His lil phenom isn't working as good anymore.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

waikru said:

it's moreso that it's LEGAL. why are people complaining when someone is doing something that's legal to do. complain to the people who make the rules. that's like being mad at a guy for weighing 180 pounds in a 155 pound fight. does it help? of course. should he be penalized for it? no, because it's allowed in the rules!

waikru said:

His lil phenom isn't working as good anymore.
    here's another question for you...

why are people so against technological improvements for athletes? so something that improves mood, energy, muscle tone, and attitude should be judged and treated like it's the worst thing on earth? it's a new age...there are new supplements, inventions, training methods, etc. and they HELP fighters in a lot of ways, not hurt them

there's certain practices like weighing 20+ pounds extra on fight night or taking TRT that give you an advantage, but are LEGAL, so no one should be complaining unless something is done outside the rules
    Sisti said:

waikru said:

it's moreso that it's LEGAL. why are people complaining when someone is doing something that's legal to do. complain to the people who make the rules. that's like being mad at a guy for weighing 180 pounds in a 155 pound fight. does it help? of course. should he be penalized for it? no, because it's allowed in the rules!
    Just because it is legal doesn't mean that it is ethical to use. The fact is TRT helps and it can easily be abused through the systems that are currently in place.

"Believe in the beard"

waikru said:

Sisti said:

waikru said:

Just because it is legal doesn't mean that it is ethical to use. The fact is TRT helps and it can easily be abused through the systems that are currently in place.
    could you elaborate on this? what makes it unethical? it improves your energy, mood, and overall state so what is immoral about it? would you also consider it unethical to fight at 170 pounds and gain 20 pounds the day after you weigh in? is it immoral to have the best training set up for you while someone with less resources does not have access to that? this is a new age...it's not 1970 any more...there are advances in training and the rules shouldn't take away the ability to utilize anything. that's almost like saying in 1900 "you shouldn't be allowed to work out because that gives you an advantage." The whole point of competing is to have an advantage! If what you are doing is within the rules of the sport, it's not immoral.

rockhold knew vitor was on trt before the fight, and in an interview with brady he said that he accepts it and will not use it as an excuse if he loses. rockhold said himself, that kick had nothing to do with trt...who are we to say he's wrong when he's the one who was in there

• Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    Agreed. Trt is responsible for teaching chael the spinning back fist poorly as well as intimidating bisping and rockhold into keeping their hands down low and forgetting that strikes need to be blocked.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
    edited May 2013
    @Sisti - Belfort roided before. Using steroids does cause a reduction in testosterone. And now that he has harmed his body by doing the wrong things throughout the course of his career, he now needs to have medicinal testosterone injections. The reason why athletes should not be allowed to elevate their levels of testosterone is because it is unhealthy and provides an unfair athletic advantage. And because athletes have a drive to be the best, it encourages other fighters to use as well in order to stay competetive. Therefore, it encourages athletes to damage their bodies in order to be the best. This is not the tone that we should set forth in any sport.
    Post edited by waikru on

"Believe in the beard"

Let me make it clear, I am not calling Belfort a cheat for his victory over Rockhold. I am only suggesting that the inclusion of TRT in MMA has given athletes a potentially easy way to cheat, and thus there victories come under more scrutiny.

"Believe in the beard"

waikru said:

Let me make it clear, I am not calling Belfort a cheat for his victory over Rockhold. I am only suggesting that the inclusion of TRT in MMA has given athletes a potentially easy way to cheat, and thus there victories come under more scrutiny.

ok well that is respectable of you. it seems like a lot of people are trying to blame vitor for the rules, which i always thought was lame
  • Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    waikru said:

@Sisti - Belfort roided before. Using steroids does cause a reduction in testosterone. And now that he has harmed his body by doing the wrong things throughout the course of his career, he now needs to have medicinal testosterone injections. The reason why athletes should not be allowed to elevate their levels of testosterone is because it is unhealthy and provides an unfair athletic advantage. And because athletes have a drive to be the best, it encourages other fighters to use as well in order to stay competetive. Therefore, it encourages athletes to damage their bodies in order to be the best. This is not the tone that we should set forth in any sport.

You sound like its giving him some sort of advantage. He is elevating his testosterone to a normal level and most likely gets tested more than any other fighter in the ufc and passes every single time. Sure he should not have taken steroids in the past, but to say he is at an unfair advantage now is ludicrous. He is bumping up his testosterone to a normal rate to allow for a LEVEL playing field.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
    Sisti said:

waikru said:

ok well that is respectable of you. it seems like a lot of people are trying to blame vitor for the rules, which i always thought was lame
    It would be silly to do that especially considering all the fighters that are on it right now and the many more that could be on it but are keeping it under wraps.

"Believe in the beard"

waikru said:

You sound like its giving him some sort of advantage. He is elevating his testosterone to a normal level and most likely gets tested more than any other fighter in the ufc and passes every single time. Sure he should not have taken steroids in the past, but to say he is at an unfair advantage now is ludicrous. He is bumping up his testosterone to a normal rate to allow for a LEVEL playing field.
    True dat...he made mistakes in the past, as many pro athletes have. UFC tests for PEDs more than any other major sport. The truth is that a lot of these guys that have used (hendo, chael, marquardt, etc.) now are at a huge disadvantage because their body no longer produces testosterone naturally. TRT is only legal as long as you don't have 17:1 ratios like chael did. If you do it within limits, there's no point of people judging fighters for it.

It's a new age, people need to grow with the times. Supplements, advanced training, TRT, advanced weight cutting techniques, etc. are legal. You have to do it within legal limits, and there should be no other discussion about it. Just enjoy the fights for what they are, and trust me, guys who are on TRT are under stricter testing than anyone
    edited May 2013
    waikru said:

Sisti said:

waikru said:

It would be silly to do that especially considering all the fighters that are on it right now and the many more that could be on it but are keeping it under wraps.
    exactly...it's not like there's only one guy in MMA who ever used PEDs. my bottom line is just that it's legal as long as they file for an exemption and get accepted, there is obviously a valid reason for why they are on it. to get an exemption, you are under extreme scrutiny and tested adequately
    Post edited by Sisti on
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,294Free
    waste of thread

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

edited May 2013

waste of thread

99% of your comments are negative

as soon as i saw your name, knew it'd be a negative comment. it's just making a point about a relevant topic being talked about
    Post edited by Sisti on
    mad?

Sisti said:

please no TRT comments, that **** is so old and played out at this point

sick of TRT comments

makes TRT thread

• BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 802Free
    Sisti = Defending his boyfriend Vitor. No one is even talking about Chael and he tries to deflect off of Vitor Belfort who can't even fight outside of Brazil because he's on so much juice. He CANT FIGHT OUTSIDE OF BRAZIL. Simple as that.

Sisti = Defending his boyfriend Vitor. No one is even talking about Chael and he tries to deflect off of Vitor Belfort who can't even fight outside of Brazil because he's on so much juice. He CANT FIGHT OUTSIDE OF BRAZIL. Simple as that.

Sisti said:

please no TRT comments, that **** is so old and played out at this point

sick of TRT comments

makes TRT thread
    just defending mah man...i'm sick of people sitting on their asses judging people who are doing something great and accomplish great things. it's a trend today...guy wins a fight, he fought safe...guy wins a fight, he's on legal trt...guy wins a fight with no trt and finishes quickly, i don't like his personality (jones).

no need to be a bunch of little 11 year old girls trying to insult fighters at every opportunity. these are the toughest people in the world, who go through training sessions tougher than you could even imagine. just discuss the fights and the fighters...i really don't get the point of insulting every single fighter for any little thing people could find. it honestly reminds me of 7th grade where kids would just go to anything they could find about someone to insult them because of their own insecurities

i_run_this, are u trying to tell me that we really needed 100+ comments on here mentioning that vitor was on trt in 2 days? we all know that! it's legal, so just get over it