Silva vs. Jon Jones and Velasquez vs. Dos Santos Possible for Cowboy Stadium

Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free
edited May 2013 in UFC
Possible for this fall....

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news/437332/Meltzer-UFC-hoping-to-make-Jones-vs-Silva-at-Cowboy-stadium-in-fall/

But who would be main event? The non-title Superfight that everyone has been dying to see or the 3rd installment and heavyweight title fight between the 2 best HW's in the sport?

Silva vs. Jon Jones and Velasquez vs. Dos Santos Possible for Cowboy Stadium

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doctor...15684498441639

Comments

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Cain vs JDS III Should Main Event
    beat me to it lol

and the heavier weight class generally headlines the higher slot
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free
    Silva and Jones Should Main Event
    Keem said:

beat me to it lol

But, the top 2 P4P fighters in the sport would be fighting each other.

JDS, Pettis, Egdar, Chiesa, Bermudez, Dodson, Mendes, Hendo, Cruz, McGregor, Parke, MacDonald, Brown

Keem said:

beat me to it lol

But, the top 2 P4P fighters in the sport would be fighting each other.
    Probably in Dana whites eyes (there #1 and #2 but I'm leaving that for another discussion. I think Velasquez is #1 imho)

Velasquez vs JDS III is also a title fight..
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
  • Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,163Free
    Dave Meltzer is Full of S***
    Bulllllllllllllllllllllshit.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI

and Keem was an idiot before even voting anyway

Why are you mad at me? lol

Megumi Fuji

• Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    Weidman is going to **** up all the superfights regardless.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • Hayd512Hayd512 Posts: 169Elite
    Hopefully it's ****. I wanted Jones/Gus in Milwaukee damnit!
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/profile/171244/Hayden512

I am an idiot for thinking GSP would finish the P4P goat Nick Diaz within 5 rounds.

Weidman is going to **** up all the superfights regardless.

Even if Weidman did win ya know.. Edgar still fought Aldo (despite losing a close title fight) so really it doesn't matter ya know what I mean

Megumi Fuji

Keem said:

and Keem was an idiot before even voting anyway

Why are you mad at me? lol
    not mad at all, i just feel bad for your stupidity sometimes
    Bull. You're mad and Velasquez vs JDS III is also a title fight so how in the world would that be idiotic to think that fight would be Main Event?

It would be idiotic to be too convicted differently

Megumi Fuji

• NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,423Free
    Velasques-Dos Santos 3 would probably be the main just because it's a title fight.

But holy ****, Jones vs Silva would be the greatest co-main event ever!
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,242Free
    Cain vs JDS will obviously be the main event

I can see two apes fighting in the jungle for free, let alone paying for them to main event
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    edited May 2013
    But I doubt Dana would want to have those two fights on the same card.

Silva/Jones is easily a million plus buys and Velasquez/Dos Santos 3 would pull good ppv numbers as well
    Post edited by NyteRyder on
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • Frontline_RioterFrontline_Rioter Posts: 2,531Free
    NyteRyder said:

But I doubt Dana would want to have those two fights on the same card.

Silva/Jones is easily a million plus buys and Velasquez/Dos Santos 3 would pull good ppv numbers as well

To sell out Cowboys stadium you are going to have to put those two on the same card along with some other epic fights. Every main card fight would need to be co-main status on any other card.

Diaz vs Condit 2 inside a telephone booth to kick the main card off.
    I'm pretty positive Silva/Jones alone would sell out a stadium. but what you're saying is true, they would want to stack the **** out of a card like that. Those two fights alone would do it for me. Any other fight on the card would just be a bonus with Silva/Jones and Cain/JDS 3 on the same card
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
    NyteRyder said:

I'm pretty positive Silva/Jones alone would sell out a stadium. but what you're saying is true, they would want to stack the **** out of a card like that. Those two fights alone would do it for me. Any other fight on the card would just be a bonus with Silva/Jones and Cain/JDS 3 on the same card

1/10

Nothing tops seeing Diaz fight live

If I had to choose between seeing Diaz vs GSP live or Jones vs Anderson.....I would pick Diaz vs GSP
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I really don't see it happening. Anderson's camp will want a non title fight at 195 and Jones shouldn't have to cut that much. Maybe a 200 pound catchweight would work but I would rather just see them fight for the light heavyweight title.

Condit would open avulsion all over Nick eyes with elbows while Nick tries to throw half punches from his waist lol

Megumi Fuji

Keem said:

Condit would open avulsion all over Nick eyes with elbows while Nick tries to throw half punches from his waist lol
    Thread about Jones vs Silva and Cain vs JDS.........still ends up talking about Diaz

That's @keem for you

Keem said:

As long as Condit isn't running away throwing weak leg kicks and spinning **** I'm happy. We could just put them inside the octagon if Carlos would fight like he does when he's not facing Nick Diaz.

Keem said:

Thread about Jones vs Silva and Cain vs JDS.........still ends up talking about Diaz

That's @keem for you
    I was responding to Frontline_Rioter

Why are you guys mad? lol

Megumi Fuji

Keem said:

Keem said:

That's @keem for you

You didn't have to reply to him......but you couldn't resist because it was about Diaz

Ain't even mad homie...

lol, not you

carnages41 and spartacus_

Megumi Fuji

Keem said:

Keem said:

That's @keem for you

You didn't have to reply to him......but you couldn't resist because it was about Diaz
    I don't respond to a lot of things

Megumi Fuji

Keem said:

Keem said:

Keem said:

That's @keem for you

try to not respond to Diaz posts buddy

Keem said:

Keem said:

Keem said:

That's @keem for you

try to not respond to GSP posts buddy

Megumi Fuji

Keem said:

Keem said:

Keem said:

Keem said:

That's @keem for you

try to not respond to GSP posts buddy
    GSP is not retired, so it makes sense to talk about him

Nick Diaz is retired so you should stop trying to disrespect and discredit him

• Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free
    GSP?! Diaz? What the ****?

This thread is asking a simple question. What should be the main event?

Why are you guys so angry at each other? lol