Shogun vs Sonnen headlines UFC on Fox Sports 1 I

Comments

• _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,333Free
    Just don't see it being a 5 rounder being good for Shogun or for us. 5 rounds of snuggle instead of 3. Can't believe it got the main over Overeem/Browne.

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    as a headline act this sucks
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,652Free
    edited June 2013
    PunchBag said:

This. I'm not too keen on the fight and if it's taking the Main Event slot I'm disappointed. It's a fight between 2 guys who are irrelevant in the division. They could have done Chael vs Wandy, at least there's some animosity between them.
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    _TUF1_ said:

Just don't see it being a 5 rounder being good for Shogun or for us. 5 rounds of snuggle instead of 3. Can't believe it got the main over Overeem/Browne.

Overoid is simply not main material ;)
  • 2 loses in a row and Chael still gets a main event....Weak main event if you ask me.
    2-0
  • JbrahamsJbrahams Brisbane, AustraliaPosts: 11,783Ultimate
    I feel like this card is filled with heaps of awesome fights Shogun/Sonnen, Reem/Browne, Faber/Yuri, Browne/Alves and McDonald/Pickett but those are all awesome fights, even co-main event of a PPV worthy but none feel like they have that main event factor.

This card really needed a title fight, or at least a fight with serious title implications (e.g. Gustaffson vs Machida), it's an amazing card but when the 1st fight on the main card is just as anticipated as the 2nd/3rd/4th or even 5th, I think there's a problem (e.g. who seriously was more interested in Cain/Silva 2 than JDS vs Hunt?)
    UFC Community account: _Josh_
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,612Free
    WTF i thought JBJ fights Gus on the FS1 card...
    I knew it that instaF*** s*** Poster was a fake! screw you who ever posted it ....

......pssst it was @Blackzilians!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• BlackziliansBlackzilians Posts: 565Free

I knew it that instaF*** s*** Poster was a fake! screw you who ever posted it ....

yea it was totally me. just wait for it. he (dana) put a heavyweight title fight on the the first UFC on FOX card, ya neva know.
    Maia vs Rousey
    Phenom 'n Suga
    Welcome to Welterweight Division Mr. Lombard.
    AAAND NEW! UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Alexander Gustafsson

yea it was totally me. just wait for it. he (dana) put a heavyweight title fight on the the first UFC on FOX card, ya neva know.
    agree... UFC could bring that up later this week ,Sir! Actually the poster looked just like the UFC would present it!

Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    _TUF1_ said:

PunchBag said:

PunchBag said:

This. I'm not too keen on the fight and if it's taking the Main Event slot I'm disappointed. It's a fight between 2 guys who are irrelevant in the division. They could have done Chael vs Wandy, at least there's some animosity between them.
    I respect your opinions but Shogun will prove you all wrong.

And it's much easier to wrestle someone to a 29-28 than hold a warrior like Shogun down for 5 rounds. More time for him to work something
    Oh, and I think people should use roman numerals for these fox sports 1 cards so it's less confusing (I, II, III, IV, etc.)
    edited June 2013

Oh, and I think people should use roman numerals for these fox sports 1 cards so it's less confusing (I, II, III, IV, etc.)

What's wrong with FS1 #1, FS1 #2, FS 1 #3 .... FOX SPORTS CHANNEL 1 UFC #1 i don't have fox and i live in Europe and even i get it straight :D

Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on

If you add the hashtag it's ok, but a lot of people don't do it
  • BlackziliansBlackzilians Posts: 565Free

agree... UFC could bring that up later this week ,Sir! Actually the poster looked just like the UFC would present it!

plus it's in Boston like dana second home from Vegas and with the whole Boston Bombing that happened he would want to repay them with a good fight maybe even title??
    Maia vs Rousey
    Phenom 'n Suga
    Welcome to Welterweight Division Mr. Lombard.
    AAAND NEW! UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Alexander Gustafsson
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 7,019Free
    Chael getting these kind of fight's is becoming a joke now
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,385Free
    Identity said:

He smashed your idle for 4 1/2 rounds and it's a joke that he gets a fight with Shogun?

Your dislike for Chael is making you say dumb things.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

He smashed your idle for 4 1/2 rounds and it's a joke that he gets a fight with Shogun?

He smashed nobody with his pillow fist's. Look at Anderson's face compared to Chael's after the first fight, Anderson did more damage from the bottom and as for the 2nd fight 'nuff said. Jones destroyed the can in under a minute. Ask the majority of people who Sonnen was before he started his WWE style trash talk and they would all say 'nobody'.
    edited June 2013
    Identity said:

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

He smashed nobody with his pillow fist's. Look at Anderson's face compared to Chael's after the first fight, Anderson did more damage from the bottom and as for the 2nd fight 'nuff said. Jones destroyed the can in under a minute. Ask the majority of people who Sonnen was before he started his WWE style trash talk and they would all say 'nobody'.
    If you think Chael wasn't winning for 4 1/2 rounds you're delusional. Anderson's face never swells up so you can't use their faces to judge the fight for christ sake. LoL

These "majority" you're talking about would be retarded. He wasn't handed a title shot to Silva. He earned both of them.

I'm rooting for Weidman because if he does win by some miracle the amount of rustle you fan boys will receive will be hilarious.

What makes you think Sonnen doesn't deserve a fight with Shogun? lol
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

If you think Chael wasn't winning for 4 1/2 rounds you're delusional. Anderson's face never swells up so you can't use their faces to judge the fight for christ sake. LoL

These "majority" you're talking about would be retarded. He wasn't handed a title shot to Silva. He earned both of them.

I'm rooting for Weidman because if he does win by some miracle the amount of rustle you fan boys will receive will be hilarious.

How can you be winning for 4 1/2 rounds?Tool.

You could maybe scrape out a claim for a shot after beating Stann and Bisping and as for the 2nd fight, i can't see how he earned that fight, however close it was, he lost.

I think Stann is the only guy he has finished in his UFC career and he has zero submission defense so good luck against Shogun

You'll just look dumb when Anderson destroy's another guy who talked his way to a shot.
    edited June 2013
    Identity said:

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

You could maybe scrape out a claim for a shot after beating Stann and Bisping and as for the 2nd fight, i can't see how he earned that fight, however close it was, he lost.

I think Stann is the only guy he has finished in his UFC career and he has zero submission defense so good luck against Shogun

You'll just look dumb when Anderson destroy's another guy who talked his way to a shot.
    Um he was winning the entire fight up until he got caught in the triangle which was in the 5th round. Tool? Okay let's name call like children.

Did you start watching MMA recently? The Stann and Bisping wins are what earned him the second title shot. Smashing Miller, Okami, and Marquardt is what earned him the original title shot.

I'm not sure what your argument about submission defense has to do with the Shogun fight. He has 1 submission win his entire career and that was in 2006 against Randleman. This is irrelevant as to why you think Sonnen doesn't deserve the fight.

I won't look dumb for rooting for an underdog. Millions of people do it. If you think Weidman talked his way to a title shot, answer this question, who else deserved the shot more? Your second idle, Spits? LoL
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

Um he was winning the entire fight up until he got caught in the triangle which was in the 5th round. Tool? Okay let's name call like children.

Did you start watching MMA recently? The Stann and Bisping wins are what earned him the second title shot. Smashing Miller, Okami, and Marquardt is what earned him the original title shot.

I'm not sure what your argument about submission defense has to do with the Shogun fight. He has 1 submission win his entire career and that was in 2006 against Randleman. This is irrelevant as to why you think Sonnen doesn't deserve the fight.

I won't look dumb for rooting for an underdog. Millions of people do it. If you think Weidman talked his way to a title shot, answer this question, who else deserved the shot more? Your second idle, Spits? LoL
    Chael's a can.

Vitor vs Weidman instead of Vitor vs Rockhold and Anderson could of destroyed another 205'er

Identity said:

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

Chael's a can.

Vitor vs Weidman instead of Vitor vs Rockhold and Anderson could of destroyed another 205'er

The bold is laughable at best. Nobody has given Anderson Silva more competition let alone nearly beat him.

You sir are just butt hurt that that fight ever happened. LoL

I agree that Weidman vs Vitor does make sense. Would give us a better idea if Weidman is truely ready for Silva's level of competition. Only problem with this is that Silva hasn't defended the belt since July of 2012 (which I remind you he was defending it against Sonnen a second time, some CAN he is for earning two title shots against the best fighter in the UFC).

He can't spend all his time fighting in the LHW division if he is holding the belt at middleweight. He needs to defend the belt. Weidman was currently the best option at MW for him to fight.

Anderson Silva fans always confuse me. He gets matched up with Weidman and they complain he hasn't earned it. Don't you want to actually see him fight? Makes no sense.

Sonnen just rustled your jimmies. That's why you're mad about the Shogun fight as well.

Hendricks 1,2,3,4

edited June 2013
    PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

Chael's a can.

The bold is laughable at best. Nobody has given Anderson Silva more competition let alone nearly beat him.

I agree that Weidman vs Vitor does make sense. Would give us a better idea if Weidman is truely ready for Silva's level of competition. Only problem with this is that Silva hasn't defended the belt since July of 2012 (which I remind you he was defending it against Sonnen a second time, some CAN he is for earning two title shots against the best fighter in the UFC).

He can't spend all his time fighting in the LHW division if he is holding the belt at middleweight. He needs to defend the belt. Weidman was currently the best option at MW for him to fight.

Anderson Silva fans always confuse me. He gets matched up with Weidman and they complain he hasn't earned it. Don't you want to actually see him fight? Makes no sense.

Sonnen just rustled your jimmies. That's why you're mad about the Shogun fight as well.
    You keep making out like Sonnen did something lol First fight he lies on Anderson the whole time to scrape out a decision, still looses. 2nd fight he tries the same, still looses.

Looses to the MW champ only to get a shot a the LHW champ, dafuq? Still looses

I have no problem with who Anderson fight's as long as the guy has earn't his place, which Weidman hasn't.

Post edited by Identity on
    edited June 2013
    Identity said:

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

Chael's a can.

You keep making out like Sonnen did something lol First fight he lies on Anderson the whole time to scrape out a decision, still looses. 2nd fight he tries the same, still looses.

Looses to the MW champ only to get a shot a the LHW champ, dafuq? Still looses

I have no problem with who Anderson fight's as long as the guy has earn't his place, which Weidman hasn't.

Lol A Silva fan that only wants to see him fight if his opponent lives up to his "standards".

If you feel Sonnen did "nothing" in the first fight you may want to consider watching a different sport.

All I've gotten out of talking to you about this is you are mad that Sonnen has gotten title fights, therefore he shouldn't get to fight Shogun.

I didn't see anyone else texting Dana to fill in for Hendo. You may not of been watching MMA at that point though so your ignorance is excused.

You have yet to list a valid reason that doesn't include bias as to why Sonnen doesn't deserve to fight Shogun. You could of at least made yourself look like less of a Silva fanboy by coming up with something like this: "Sonnen doesn't deserve to fight Shogun because he hasn't beat any LHW's in the UFC that are currently ranked anywhere near Shogun.".

But that wouldn't of worked either, because Sonnen stepped up for the UFC ONCE AGAIN to fill in for Nog. Too bad visa issues ruined this fight from happening earlier.

Hendricks 1,2,3,4

So any can should get the chance to fight the champ?

His two fight's at LHW was 1st against the LHW champ and 2nd headlining against shogun, how does that even make sense?

Let's say he beat's Shogun, does this mean he get's another shot at Jones?

Chael is THE biggest joke in the UFC. All he does is grind out decision win's in boring fight's and it's not like he is improving anytime soon.

There is nothing to hype up about this guy other then he has a big mouth
    Identity said:

His two fight's at LHW was 1st against the LHW champ and 2nd headlining against shogun, how does that even make sense?

Chael is THE biggest joke in the UFC. All he does is grind out decision win's in boring fight's and it's not like he is improving anytime soon.

Once again, nothing but "I'm mad at Chael Sonnen". You do realize that Shogun was supposed to fight LiL Nog but Nog pulled out of the fight and Sonnen stepped up on short notice, right?

LoL Enjoy your night, fan boy.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

Once again, nothing but "I'm mad at Chael Sonnen". You do realize that Shogun was supposed to fight LiL Nog but Nog pulled out of the fight and Sonnen stepped up on short notice, right?

Go watch WWE with Cheal 'fill in' Sonnen
    Identity said:

PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

Go watch WWE with Cheal 'fill in' Sonnen
    LoL That's pretty funny coming from someone who started watching MMA yesterday. He's not filling in for WWE fights you fool, he's stepping up to fight the baddest dudes on the planet, short notice.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Not many people have had the balls or opportunity to fight both Silva and Jones. Some "joke" he must be.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4