Mousasi VS Belfort

jamamawjamamaw Posts: 2,449Free
edited June 2013 in UFC
Looks like Moose is serous about dropping to MW. I think it's an awesome idea. I like this fight, who do you have winning? I think moose beats the young dino.

http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/06/gegard-mousasi-wants-middleweight-vitor-belfort-in-next-ufc-fight
Post edited by jamamaw on
Anderson silva

Nick diaz

Gegard Mousasi

gilbert melendez

wanderlei silva

Tito ortiz

Rampage jackson

Paul Daley

DC
Megumi Fuji

Sig bet Record: 1-0
Tagged:

Comments

• Jason_H2Jason_H2 Posts: 9,650Free
    I like it but not at the cost of benching Vitor till december. Vitor probably deserves Andy/Weidman winner anyways. Love Moose but he's just trying to keep his name in the headlines.

I don't always bet on fights, but when I do, I make sure I'm guaranteed to lose

• jamamawjamamaw Posts: 2,449Free
    If this fight goes down and is in brazil how many straight would that be for vitor?
    Anderson silva

Nick diaz

Gegard Mousasi

gilbert melendez

wanderlei silva

Tito ortiz

Rampage jackson

Paul Daley

DC
    Megumi Fuji

• PoloPolo Posts: 12,358Free
    Vitor merks him.
    Daniel Cormier turns fans into retards.
    Av bet with PunchCan on the Overeem/Rothwell fight.

• Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 1,066Free
    Definitely an interesting fight. It would be nice to see Mousasi in shape at his natural weight class.

I think TRviTor still wins though.
    I think with moose dropping down his quickness will help him string the combos he needs to put vitor down. Would be interesting to see where the fight is going to take place.
    Anderson silva

Nick diaz

Gegard Mousasi

gilbert melendez

wanderlei silva

Tito ortiz

Rampage jackson

Paul Daley

DC
    Megumi Fuji

• BAMfreddrickBAMfreddrick Somewhere in AlbertaPosts: 4,949Free
    I'm leaning toward Vitor. Vitor is just far too powerful with his trt. And with his experience and years of training he can use that power better than 99% of other fighters.

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 8,483Free
    vitor wont fight silva, if silva looses vitor would step up to fight weidman but if silva wins then mous vs vitor would be a good matchup. However silva isnt gonig to loose and vitor isnt gonig to take a fight until he knows weidman has lost.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 39,008Free
    I like moose, but what has he done to deserve a fight with Vitor
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    nothing but if vitor wont fight the champ then why is he even in MW division
    "Believe in the beard"

• FiNiSH_HiMFiNiSH_HiM Posts: 12,739Free
  • DiconimusDiconimus Posts: 80Free
    Vitor should get the next title shot,no matter who the champion is....
    vitor doesnt want it, unless its weidman
    "Believe in the beard"

PoloRidah said:

Vitor merks him.

no reason?
    Anderson silva

Nick diaz

Gegard Mousasi

gilbert melendez

wanderlei silva

Tito ortiz

Rampage jackson

Paul Daley

DC
    Megumi Fuji

• JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 9,545Free
    nawww...let Vitor fight spits again :)
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Vitor is a faster starter, but Mousasi is durable and crafty too

Mousasi doesn't execl Vitor in many areas but his natural ability to just find a way to win make me side with him

I can see Mousasi getting the "W"
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
    edited July 2013
    vitor isnt a fast starter, hes slow at starting and contrary to popular belief he is actually a very technical striker, he only knocks guys out in the first when they stand in front of him or try to pressure him. only in the wandy and silva fight did he come out overly agressive. hes dangerous in every round, but he doesnt usually come out of the first bell throwing combinations. he takes his time

mousasi is just a lazy but talented fighter i dont mean in terms of training but in that he is more than willing to do the bare minimum to win a fight, no doubt he could have finished his last opponent but knew he could win by just jabbing and it would take an opponent like belfort to bring the best out of mousasi.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 24,727Free
    PunchBag said:

Stylistically Weidman is harder than Anderson for Vitor and we saw what Anderson did to him. Now imagine the beatdown Weidman would put on him.
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 1,066Free
    If Dana really doesn't want Vitor to have another shot at Anderson, then when will he learn to stop letting Belfort pick off top contenders?

White is banking way too much on the superfights that he has thus far been unable to materialize.

PunchBag said:

Stylistically Weidman is harder than Anderson for Vitor and we saw what Anderson did to him. Now imagine the beatdown Weidman would put on him.
    i highly doubt vitor would get finished in the first round without landing anything agaisnt weidman, stylistically silva is a nightmare for anyone and i reckon chance to win vitor would be the favorite vs weidman
    "Believe in the beard"

• TeemuSelanneTeemuSelanne Posts: 1,509Free
    Moose will destroy that TRT raging retard.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 10,245Free
    PunchBag said:

Silva will get an immediate rematch if he lost Dana has said.

Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner
    image image
  • liquid2metalliquid2metal Posts: 306Free
    LOL. Vitor scared.
    I don't think I've ever seen moose get rocked.
    He'd beat Vitor to the floor.
    If vitor was confident in himself, he'd take the fight. But he ain't.
    He just trying to get kicked in the face again while getting big money.
    Pathetic.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our Fedor in heaven, hallowed be your sambo, your combos come. Your Kimora be done on the street, as it is in the ring. Give us today our daily sparring, and forgive us the overtraining we have done as we forgive those who knock us out. Subject us not to the trial but deliver us from Werdum. Remember that Fedor got triangled for your sins...

- Fedor - Roy Nelson - Lyoto Machida - Glover Texeira - Chael Sonnen - Nick Diaz - Carlos Condit -
    - Tarec Saffiedine - Nate Diaz - Gilbert Melendez - Frankie Edgar - Anthony Pettis - Ricardo Lamas -

Train by day, piss-off Shannon & Pack by night! All day!
  • rebel69rebel69 Posts: 305Free
    Since Anderson don't want the rematch I believe Belfort will get the fight. So therefore I think Mousasi should fight Munoz/Costa or even fight Henderson at 205(which I think would be a war) but I think he deserves a higher ranked fighter where if he won he'd get a title shot or be one fight away from one
  • c_pumphreyc_pumphrey Posts: 929Free
    Think Belfort tskes this fight pretty easily
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 2,057Free
    **** I don't know if Vitor takes this a easily as what some of you think.

Mousasi is no can. I think the question should be does Mousasi really deserve Vitor yet.

I'd like to see a rematch with Souza first
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
    Tahune said:

Mousasi is no can. I think the question should be does Mousasi really deserve Vitor yet.

I agree with the first half of your post, but I think he does deserve a higher ranked fighter. I don't understand why everyone is underestimating mouse, it's like people haven't watched him fight before he got layed and prayed by king mo.
    Anderson silva

Nick diaz

Gegard Mousasi

gilbert melendez

wanderlei silva

Tito ortiz

Rampage jackson

Paul Daley

DC
    Megumi Fuji

• TahuneTahune Posts: 2,057Free
    jamamaw said:

Tahune said:

I agree with the first half of your post, but I think he does deserve a higher ranked fighter. I don't understand why everyone is underestimating mouse, it's like people haven't watched him fight before he got layed and prayed by king mo.
    Submitted hunt and manhouf- knocked Kyotaro (who was a K1 champ ) the **** out.

He's no lemon and he has been in there with some scary power punchers.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
    Tahune said:

jamamaw said:

Tahune said:

Submitted hunt and manhouf- knocked Kyotaro (who was a K1 champ ) the **** out.

He's no lemon and he has been in there with some scary power punchers.
    You'd figure, with everyone on mark hunts jock around here, moussasi would get a little respect for beating him.
    Anderson silva

Nick diaz

Gegard Mousasi

gilbert melendez

wanderlei silva

Tito ortiz

Rampage jackson

Paul Daley

DC
    Megumi Fuji

• liquid2metalliquid2metal Posts: 306Free
    He beat king mo up from his guard.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our Fedor in heaven, hallowed be your sambo, your combos come. Your Kimora be done on the street, as it is in the ring. Give us today our daily sparring, and forgive us the overtraining we have done as we forgive those who knock us out. Subject us not to the trial but deliver us from Werdum. Remember that Fedor got triangled for your sins...

- Fedor - Roy Nelson - Lyoto Machida - Glover Texeira - Chael Sonnen - Nick Diaz - Carlos Condit -
    - Tarec Saffiedine - Nate Diaz - Gilbert Melendez - Frankie Edgar - Anthony Pettis - Ricardo Lamas -

Train by day, piss-off Shannon & Pack by night! All day!