Erik Silva VS Gunnar Nelson

ChaelHespectNotchingChaelHespectNotching Posts: 237Free
edited June 2013 in UFC
This fight could potentially happen. I for one would be interested, maybe a co-main event for one of the next Fuel TV cards.

Erik Silva VS Gunnar Nelson

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
2-0

Comments

• AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,837Free
    Erik by...
    like i said Erick by first round rape.

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    Gunnar...
    i think erik needs another win before he fights gunnar,
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• WalkLikeAWarrior707WalkLikeAWarrior707 Posts: 6,005Free
    Would be a great fight. I think it would be a lot closer than many people would think. Gunnar is very slick on the ground and Erick is a beast on the feet. Gunnar also has good striking and Erick has a nasty ground game also. I give the wrestling advantage to Gunnar but I don't see him being able to keep Silva on the ground like Fitch did. I think they would battle it out for 3 rounds.
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,612Free
    edited June 2013
    @ChaelHespectNotching You're a Post thief :D... you Stoled my idea and sold it like it's yours =D> and i get no credit for it, damn!

Close can't decide who wins... and not a Fuel tv Co- Main, kidding me, Main Card on a PPV!
    Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,387Free
    Gunnar...
    Gunnar would win....even though I would want Erik to win
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,436Free
    Erik by...
    I like both but I think Silva would win after seeing Gunnars striking against Santiago.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,188Free
    Erik by...
    If Gunnar is able to get Silva into the second and third round his chances of winning are greatly improved. I've been more impressed with Silva than with Gunnar. So I'll pick Silva.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI

I like both but I think Silva would win after seeing Gunnars striking against Santiago.

What was the problem with his striking? I thought he looked great, almost machida like!

Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,387Free
    Gunnar...

What was the problem with his striking? I thought he looked great, almost machida like!

Yeah thats the problem

He had crappy Machida-like striking
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    edited June 2013

Yeah thats the problem

RamGoat was impressed by his striking, wasn't he?
    image(gif machida post fight interview)

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,436Free
    Erik by...

He looked good but he had his hands low and caught a few big punches at the end when he got tired he couldn't do that against Silva imo.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
    edited June 2013
    Gunnar...
    nelson would be able to take erik down easily, not sure he could hold him down but if gunnar has the cardio then he could easily do to erik what khabib did to trujillo
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,372Free
    Gunnar...
    Gunnar would fitch him you guys cant be srs

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,372Free
    Gunnar...

Yeah thats the problem

not funny

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

Erik by...
    Gunnar's striking is like Junior Assuncao who also immmitates Machida. But thats all it is immitation.

Gunnar has pretty good striking and is pretty similar to Machida but Erick is miles ahead in the striking department IMO. That's why I would lean towards Erick in that fight. Every fight starts standing and Erick is pretty good at avoiding takedowns and getting dominant position off of them.

Erick does very well against wrestlers. Fitch was the only wrestler to be able to keep him down for a while. And even then Erick was able to fight back and make a good fight out of it. Gunnar has better subs than Fitch IMO but his wrestling is not as strong. I think he would have a hard time getting Erick down and keeping him there
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    WBW - Cat Zingano
  • GunniNelsonGunniNelson Posts: 29Free
    Gunnar...
    Gunnar would win by UD. I personally think Gunni Nelson's awkward stand-up will confuse Eric silva in the first round. In the second and Third round, GN will take him down and win :)
  • TeemuSelanneTeemuSelanne Posts: 939Free
    GOATnar Nelson would destroy Erick Silva
    edited June 2013
    Gunnar...

Gunnar has pretty good striking and is pretty similar to Machida but Erick is miles ahead in the striking department IMO. That's why I would lean towards Erick in that fight. Every fight starts standing and Erick is pretty good at avoiding takedowns and getting dominant position off of them.

Erick does very well against wrestlers. Fitch was the only wrestler to be able to keep him down for a while. And even then Erick was able to fight back and make a good fight out of it. Gunnar has better subs than Fitch IMO but his wrestling is not as strong. I think he would have a hard time getting Erick down and keeping him there

good at avoiding takedowns he ended up on his back quickly in his last fight agaisnt a guy who isnt even on gunnars level

arguably santiago is better in the standup than erik silva
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

edited June 2013

Yeah thats the problem

not funny
    it shouldn't supposed be funny! But thx for the input...
    This is Quintons reaction after the Machida fight, get a life!

edited June 2013
    PunchBag said:

good at avoiding takedowns he ended up on his back quickly in his last fight agaisnt a guy who isnt even on gunnars level

Against Fitch? He was one of the toughest wrestlers in the divison to fight. I'm not a fan of him or his fighting style but you can't tell me Gunnar is better at taking and holding people down than Fitch. At least not right now. He beat DaMarques and took Santiago to a decision. Fitch has done it time and time again to a lot of good fighters. Gunnar's pure grappling and submissions are better than Fitch I believe but Fitch has proven to be one of the toughest wrestlers to fight. And even then Erick got back up, took him down, took his back, and made it a good fight. Erick was the only reason that was FOTN.

Santiago got picked apart on the feet against Gunnar. Santiago's striking is OK at best in the UFC. Erick SIlva would destroy him on the feet.
    Post edited by WalkLikeAWarrior707 on
    WBW - Cat Zingano
  • BAMfreddrickBAMfreddrick Somewhere in AlbertaPosts: 4,949Free
    Erik by...
    Silva easily. TKO fast.

Erik by...

lmao you all underestimate Gunnar so badly

just because he was playing around against Santiago

yeah and you know this as a fact becuz he tells u that in bed each night?

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,385Free
    Erik by...
    Gunnar should be a LW.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Gunnar...

PunchBag said:

Against Fitch? He was one of the toughest wrestlers in the divison to fight. I'm not a fan of him or his fighting style but you can't tell me Gunnar is better at taking and holding people down than Fitch. At least not right now. He beat DaMarques and took Santiago to a decision. Fitch has done it time and time again to a lot of good fighters. Gunnar's pure grappling and submissions are better than Fitch I believe but Fitch has proven to be one of the toughest wrestlers to fight. And even then Erick got back up, took him down, took his back, and made it a good fight. Erick was the only reason that was FOTN.

Santiago got picked apart on the feet against Gunnar. Santiago's striking is OK at best in the UFC. Erick SIlva would destroy him on the feet.
    i didnt say holding erick down, i said taking him down and i have no doubts gunnar can take erick down at will
    "Believe in the beard"