Chris Weidman vs Anderson Silva equals Rocky Marciano vs Joe Louis

2006Man2006Man Posts: 235Free
has that feel, also there ages were about the same Chris Weidman is 28, Rocky Marciano was 28 when fought joe louis, joe louis was 37 around same age as Silva
Tagged:

Comments

• _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,192Free
    u saying Weidman is going to retire Anderson? U just went full Prado there bruh

• 2006Man2006Man Posts: 235Free
    you can say chael sonnen vs anderson silva were the Max Schmeling vs joe louis equivalent.
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,823Free
    2006Man said:

has that feel, also there ages were about the same Chris Weidman is 28, Rocky Marciano was 28 when fought joe louis, joe louis was 37 around same age as Silva

Joe Louis was already looking old at the time they fought, Anderson still looks great, like he's still in his prime.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
    2006Man said:

you can say chael sonnen vs anderson silva were the Max Schmeling vs joe louis equivalent.

Louis-Schmeling 2 was around 8 years before Louis-Marciano, I'm too lazy to look up the exact time.
    still looks great...against stephon bonnar got dominated by chael sonnen
    2006Man said:

still looks great...against stephon bonnar got dominated by chael sonnen

1. Tough fight with Sonnen- win
    2. Belfort- dominating win
    3. Okami- dominating win
    4. Sonnen 2- dominating win
    5. Bonnar- dominating win
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free

2006Man said:

Joe Louis was already looking old at the time they fought, Anderson still looks great, like he's still in his prime.
    This. Boxers age a whole lot faster than MMA fighters
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free
    lol

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doctor...15684498441639

Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Except Rocky and Louis where good fighters, Weidman is not.

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,269Free
    GoToGuy said:

neither is Anderson
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,619Free

GoToGuy said:

neither is Anderson
    This. Anderson's only credible win is over Chael and he had high testosterone levels in that fight anyway.
    waikru said:

The difference is that Rock Marciano was 37-0, not 9-0, when he fought Louis.

Weidman was an all american collegiate wrestler then went 13-0 in BJJ East Coast Grappler’s Quest competition winning it before fighting mma, im sure weidman won alot of wrestling matches, also BJJ matches. MMA 9-0 and 5-0 in the UFC is impressive.
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,003Free
    2006Man said:

waikru said:

Weidman was an all american collegiate wrestler then went 13-0 in BJJ East Coast Grappler’s Quest competition winning it before fighting mma, im sure weidman won alot of wrestling matches, also BJJ matches. MMA 9-0 and 5-0 in the UFC is impressive.
    Wrestling and jujitsu matches are not the same as MMA fights. I like Weidman and believe he is the future of the division. However, he is a noob compared to Marciano and is only the number one contender because he was on the shelf while the other contenders were busy fighting and eliminating each other to establish their place in the rankings.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,824Free
    edited June 2013
    waikru said:

2006Man said:

waikru said:

Wrestling and jujitsu matches are not the same as MMA fights. I like Weidman and believe he is the future of the division. However, he is a noob compared to Marciano and is only the number one contender because he was on the shelf while the other contenders were busy fighting and eliminating each other to establish their place in the rankings.
    ^^this

weidman is to inexperienced at mma, hes had a 1 year layoff, his only credible win is over munoz who himself only has a credible win over boetsch and the guy arguably lost to maia, the maia fight was razor close and dull, his only strength coming into this fight is his wrestling, hes never been in a title fight before or held a belt in mma, the guy has serra filling his head with dreams. hes fighting the GOAT, hes fighting the p4p 1 ranked fighter. He has only 9 pro fights
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,310Free
    PunchBag said:

waikru said:

2006Man said:

waikru said:

^^this

weidman is to inexperienced at mma, hes had a 1 year layoff, his only credible win is over munoz who himself only has a credible win over boetsch and the guy arguably lost to maia, the maia fight was razor close and dull, his only strength coming into this fight is his wrestling, hes never been in a title fight before or held a belt in mma, the guy has serra filling his head with dreams. hes fighting the GOAT, hes fighting the p4p 1 ranked fighter. He has only 9 pro fights
    Hater
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,824Free
    just being realistic
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• _Spartan_Spartan Posts: 383Free
    edited June 2013
    weidman and silva's height and weight are close too
    Post edited by _Spartan on
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,585Free
    _Spartan said:

yeah pretty close, but Weidman isn't close to be Rocky Marciano!!!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,003Free
    _Spartan said:

LOL! The reach isn't!
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• DaPhreshnessDaPhreshness Posts: 84Free
    edited June 2013
    Way different - Joe Louis was only fighting for the money when he took on Marciano, he's wasn't even the champion anymore. Silva's still the champ, and looks more dangerous than he ever has before. In MMA, experience and skill trumps age and athleticism a lot more than in boxing I feel.
    Post edited by DaPhreshness on
    Favorite Fighters by Division:

Liz Carmouche
    Tim Elliott
    Eddie Wineland
    Frankie Edgar
    Melvin Guillard/TJ Grant
    Mike Pierce
    Michael Bisping
    Alexander Gustafsson
    Minotauro Nogueira/Matt Mitrione
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    PunchBag said:

waikru said:

2006Man said:

waikru said:

^^this

even Hamill beat Munoz :-\"

Way different - Joe Louis was only fighting for the money when he took on Marciano, he's wasn't even the champion anymore. Silva's still the champ, and looks more dangerous than he ever has before. In MMA, experience and skill trumps age and athleticism a lot more than in boxing I feel.

TRT trumps age more then anything else.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    I am not sure if anyone else has noticed but the UFC is trying to burn out Weidman,geesh no wonder guys under perform versus Silva.
    I am talking months before their fight and they already had Weidman doing a UFC lobbying act in NY,then they had him doing the Q/A ,later that night some bar i think he said,then the next day they had him going around other marketing venues.
    What is SIlva doing?They post some lame **** video of him singing at home in Brasil.So he is doing nothing but goofing off and relaxing while Weidman is free marketing for the UFC.I can understand they had Rousey,a cute chick to try and influence the NY media and politcians as well i am sure they grossly over pay her but Chris?What does Chris owe the UFC to do their NYC lobbying to get MMA fighting there?

Weidman's contract was 24k and 24k to win,that is an absolute joke.The UFC worried he will beat Silva tried to renegotiate his contract before he wins seeing that would have to pay him too much.I am glad his manager and himself told them to wait until after the fight.I also hope his manager grows some balls and tells the UFC to lay off the work load,they don't pay him enough and he has a family that is more important than the UFC's lobbying against the Culinary Union.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,619Free

PunchBag said:

waikru said:

2006Man said:

waikru said:

^^this

even Hamill beat Munoz :-\"
    Hamill stopped Jonathan D. Jones with mounted elbows in the first round.
  • _Spartan_Spartan Posts: 383Free
    and both ended in a out cold knockout