Brendan Schaub spreads his boring to a new sport

MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free
http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/6/10/4413592/brendan-schaub-frustrated-cyborg-at-odds-over-metamoris-2-fight

After a horrendous lay n pray performance against Lavar Johnson, Schaub apparently entered into a BJJ match where he had absolutely no idea what he was doing.

For twenty minutes Schaub ran away from Cyborg and refused to do any actual grappling, afterwards claiming in the presser that he "shut Cyborg down".

Who else is ready to see Meathead knock this asshat the **** out?
The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
Tagged:

Comments

• WalkLikeAWarrior707WalkLikeAWarrior707 Posts: 6,005Free
    Saw this. Pretty weak. Just watched the match a couple hours ago. I had to fast forward through a lot of it because Schaub was just pushing away from Cyborg and didn't engage for most of the match. When they did grapple Cyborg would pull half guard and try to work from there and Schaub would just defend and not look to pass or anything. Schaub sprawled on a takedown attempt at the end and went for an anaconda choke then Cyborg reversed him and went for a kimura and got mount right away but it was right at the end.

This makes me not like Schaub even more. The way he threw punches at the camera like he just won impressively was just stupid and everyone booed. He could have used this opportunity to improve his game rather than just try to stay away and not engage. And he was acting all cool with him after the fight then at the post-presser he was talking ****.

How about that Eddie Bravo vs Royler Gracie rematch announcement also. Pretty crazy
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
    Hard to watch....gotta do a lot of fast forwarding

WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    WBW - Cat Zingano
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,619Free
    It's not that he had no idea what he was doing, he knew exactly what he was doing.
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    Another to join my hate list.........Schaub......GTFO!
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    Oh and thats 20 minutes of my life I want back

• RoezCityRoezCity Posts: 235Free
    Never did like this guy

some_text

some_text
  • 2006Man2006Man Posts: 235Free
    matt mitrione was in front row look at 4:00
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    somebody else posted an interview of him saying this.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    Brendan Schaub: I am a mixed martial artist, not a fighter.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • BAMfreddrickBAMfreddrick Somewhere in AlbertaPosts: 4,949Free
    Meathead gonna kill this ninny

• MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,386Free
    I don't know...it's hard to blame Schaub for the way the fight went. I saw Schaub jump into his guard a few times. If the other guy can't score a takedown or sweep Schaub or even keep him on the ground when he voluntarily jumps into his guard, what's the point of his jiu-jitsu?

They were in a grappling match, right? Schaub didn't cheat, didn't run out of the ring or do anything that appeared out of the ordinary. He engaged him the entire time. He was always within reach. This other guy just can't wrestle, apparently. Remember, Schaub doesn't even have a wrestling background. It appears as if Schaub can beat the crap out of this guy in real life, so his "World-class jiu-jitsu" really has no value. I mean, jiu-jitsu is supposed to be a means of self-defense, right?

In a street fight, Schaub would have knocked him out standing or stomped his face in as he lays on his back like an imbecile. This Cyborg guy couldn't win a single fight in the UFC, so why ride on his nuts?

I'm not even a Schaub fan, I could give a crap less about his irrelevancy in the UFC.
    Member of the People's Freedom Movement

I'm like 7 minutes in (I may never watch the whole thing; I saw the interview and this Cyborg is a whiner) Schaub voluntarily jumps into his guard about 10 times at this point. What does this **** want? "You gotta' fight me my way for me to win?" What a ****.

PATSTER said:

Megasoup said:

I'm like 7 minutes in (I may never watch the whole thing; I saw the interview and this Cyborg is a whiner) Schaub voluntarily jumps into his guard about 10 times at this point. What does this **** want? "You gotta' fight me my way for me to win?" What a ****.

It's grappling you moron.

It'd be like a fighter in a K-1 match lying down on the ground instead of striking.
    Before you call me a moron (my blood immediately boiled, but this is the internet. Call me names...whatever,) could you support your position, as I did mine?

Wrestling is a pretty important skill in grappling. If you can't get a fight to the ground or keep a fighter on the ground who VOLUNTARILY gets on the ground with you OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN...then there are some grappling matches that you're not going to win, man.

How many times did Schaub end up following him to the ground? 20 times? 30 times? I mean, really Patster, how much, exactly, is Schaub supposed to cooperate with his opponent.

I'm now 15 minutes in. Cyborg has scored zero takedowns, hasn't swept Schaub a single time and hasn't even come close to securing a submission hold.

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Well before you blame Schaub,this sport favors laying around,you can see Cyborg is not very athletic or quick so he can't do anything except lay on the ground and hope.If he was athletic and fast,he would get up and take the initiative himself.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,841Free
    Heard Schaub on a podcast defending his lay n' pray on Lavar by saying that the sport is evolving. Apparently, he held him down and couldn't do anything because Lavar was just holding on from the bottom.

Oh, and he loves GSP and thinks he would beat Silva.
    Barry would tap Schaub out!!!

WBW - Cat Zingano
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,167Free
    Cut Schaub and cut Dave Herman.
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,251Free
    Hellequin said:

If they had to keep them to get rid of Bryan Caraway i'd be all for it.
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free
    Megasoup said:

...No one can actually be this stupid.
    zaksame said:

Well before you blame Schaub,this sport favors laying around,you can see Cyborg is not very athletic or quick so he can't do anything except lay on the ground and hope.If he was athletic and fast,he would get up and take the initiative himself.

Well don't I just stand corrected
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

• Hayd512Hayd512 Posts: 169Elite
    I've disliked Schaub since the ultimate fighter. Instantly came off as a cocky ****. Then he blasts cro cop with one of the worst late shots I've ever seen. And then tops it off with two stall fests in two different sports.

So ready for this dude to go into an early retirement.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/profile/171244/Hayden512

I am an idiot for thinking GSP would finish the P4P goat Nick Diaz within 5 rounds.
    Hayd512 said:

I've disliked Schaub since the ultimate fighter. Instantly came off as a cocky ****. Then he blasts cro cop with one of the worst late shots I've ever seen. And then tops it off with two stall fests in two different sports.

**** Cro Cop. He did the same thing to Vovchanchyn

Mangasm said:

Hayd512 said:

Regardless of who the fighter is, a late shot is **** up.
    ________________________________________________________________________________________________

I am an idiot for thinking GSP would finish the P4P goat Nick Diaz within 5 rounds.
    Hayd512 said:

Mangasm said:

Hayd512 said:

What goes around comes around homie

Mangasm said:

Hayd512 said:

Mangasm said:

Hayd512 said:

What goes around comes around homie
    Lol I guess so.

Still, its just another reason for me to dislike Schaub. Did I mention he looks like one of my ex girlfriends ex boyfriends. That didn't help either.

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,251Free
    edited June 2013
    Didn't watch that match but i did catch the post fight.

Y Schuab no play tornado guard with me? U mad Cyborg? lol
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,167Free

Hellequin said:

If they had to keep them to get rid of Bryan Caraway i'd be all for it.
    I could live with this.

Seriously though Herman needs to gtfo now.