Anderson vs Weidman = Anderson vs Maia/Leites ?!

RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
Part of me says Anderson will "treat" Weidman in a similar (ok maybe not as bad) way he did Maia and Leites!!

I think Weidman is a good fighter but will have problems when it comes to a mind game. Hes capable of beating Anderson but so was EVERY previous challenger !! Not to mention EVERY previous challenger got there for a reason !!

I believe Weidman will get frustrated on round 1 when he doesn't get his way with Anderson and that will screw with his head for the next rounds.

In my opinion Anderson (master on mind game) already started a mind game with Weidman by giving the impression of "not to interested" on this matchup (Weidmans name) when I believe we might see one of the best Andersons performance. In a reverse phicolgy, Anderson wants Weidman to be very confident coming to ufc 162. Anderson wants Weidman to be "mad" and "inspired" for being the underdog which will make Weidman open a lot of gaps on his game.

I just wont be not even shocked if this upcoming fight gets boring and a replay of Anderson vs Maia !

Have a great evening guys and leave your thoughts if you want as I like to read it afterwards
Tagged:

Comments

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    edited June 2013
    it will be alot like silva sonnen 2 - perhaps without a spinning backfist
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,567Free
    PunchBag said:

it will be alot like silva sonnen 2 - perhaps without a spinning backfist

Oh no, there will definitely be a spinning back fist, but Weidman will land it and finish the fight.
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free

no. he didn't want to finish his fellow brazilians.

weidman won't have this luck.

LOL! Thats ridiculous. Silva was clearly playing it safe in those fights.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free

Part of me says Anderson will "treat" Weidman in a similar (ok maybe not as bad) way he did Maia and Leites!!

I think Weidman is a good fighter but will have problems when it comes to a mind game. Hes capable of beating Anderson but so was EVERY previous challenger !! Not to mention EVERY previous challenger got there for a reason !!

I believe Weidman will get frustrated on round 1 when he doesn't get his way with Anderson and that will screw with his head for the next rounds.

In my opinion Anderson (master on mind game) already started a mind game with Weidman by giving the impression of "not to interested" on this matchup (Weidmans name) when I believe we might see one of the best Andersons performance. In a reverse phicolgy, Anderson wants Weidman to be very confident coming to ufc 162. Anderson wants Weidman to be "mad" and "inspired" for being the underdog which will make Weidman open a lot of gaps on his game.

I just wont be not even shocked if this upcoming fight gets boring and a replay of Anderson vs Maia !

Have a great evening guys and leave your thoughts if you want as I like to read it afterwards

It could very well play out that way

I think this fight has A LOT of unpredictability to it. Weidman is undefeated so he may be a jon jones level undefeated, or he may be a thiago silva level undefeated where he just didn't face the top dogs yet. So Weidman is unknown.

The other unknown here is because both fighters have had very long layoffs (I consider the Bonnar fight basically a continued layoff for silva for just how out of his league bonnar was).

The last unknown is the head games. We all know that the way Silva embarrasses and toys with his opponents gets in a lot of people's heads (minus Sonnen who was on ridiculously high testosterone levels). So if Weidman has the ability to not lose his cool and stay on Silva the way Sonnen did for many rounds, Weidman has a legit shot. If not, then we know how other silva fights go.

Weidman is a huge unknown though, and Silva's ability to deal with solid wrestlers is unknown so this one is a lot more competitive than past silva fights. Let's not forget that Weidman defeated both Phil Davis and Ryan Bader in wrestling matches so he's about as strong of a wrestler as they come at MW
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    edited June 2013
    silva is used to layoffs and bonnar had never been finished before in his entire career and silva made it look easy, to say bonnar vs silva was a nonfactor fight is a little bit much.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    If he pulls another Silva vs Maia......that is just further proof that the man does not want any part of the ground game his opponent is capable of. If Silva is such a great all around fighter, he could have just gone to the ground with Maia and finished him at will. I will continue to hate on Silva until he moves into LHW and stays there!!!!
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Silva will screw around having fun then ktfo Weidman when he feels the need.