Stipe VS Roy.

TahuneTahune Posts: 1,875Free
edited June 2013 in UFC
I'm probably going to get abused for saying this.....

But I kinda want Stipe to win.

I love Roy Nelson don't get me wrong here

Stipe has a lot of potential (barring the Struve fight when he seemed to go full retard). And I don't want to see that potential get ruined by a thundering right hand.

(mind you having said that if he does have the potential he will stay away from said right hand)

Thoughts?
Post edited by Tahune on
Grover- Future LHW champ!
Tagged:

Comments

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,564Free
    Stipe should go down to LHW, he truly has a lot of potential, but HW is way to big for him at least at the moment...
    hate to spoiler you , but Roy wins!!!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,875Free

Stipe should go down to LHW, he truly has a lot of potential, but HW is way to big for him at least at the moment...

I don't think he needs to go down and to be honest I don't think he could without suffering. He's a big dude.

Tahune said:

I don't think he needs to go down and to be honest I don't think he could without suffering. He's a big dude.

And DC and Beltran, can do it without suffering? It's like Hendricks cuttin weight down from 205lbs to 170lbs... that's the sport!

Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

Lol DC and beltran are carrying a lot of extra "baggage"

Tahune said:

And DC and Beltran, can do it without suffering? It's like Hendricks cuttin weight down from 205lbs to 170lbs... that's the sport!

Sorry I should of said I think his performance would suffer.
    That's alot of work to get that off of your bones...
    Still Stipe cutting to LHW = Hendricks cutting to WW
    He can do it without suffering too much... about 25-35lbs!
    That's not the point tho... after Big Roy KTF him OUT like he always does Stipe have to decide.... continue losing at HW or try to cut down to LHW, big boys just have two options LHW or HW, a Super Heavyweight class would be great!

edited June 2013

That's not the point tho... after Big Roy KTF him OUT like he always does Stipe have to decide.... continue losing at HW or try to cut down to LHW, big boys just have two options LHW or HW, a Super Heavyweight class would be great!

Stipe cutting to 205 is not the same as Hendricks cutting down to WW imho.

Has Hendricks ever fought at MW or LHW? - No he hasn't. Could he do it? No probably not at all even though he cuts 25-30 pounds as you said.

Different scenario. Randy is probably a better example. Maybe Stipe could do it pretty easily.

are you keen for a bet?

Post edited by Tahune on
    Tahune said:

Stipe cutting to 205 is not the same as Hendricks cutting down to WW imho.

Has Hendricks ever fought at MW or LHW? - No he hasn't. Could he do it? No probably not at all even though he cuts 25-30 pounds as you said.

Different scenario. Randy is probably a better example for this scenario.

Both have to cut almost the exact amount of weight 30-40lbs... stipe walks around about what? 250? 260? he Weigh in at 235-240!
    Well i say, stipe will end up at LHW, sooner than later... saturday could be the day, we'll see!!!

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,355Free
    I think Roy will knock him out
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,226Free
    PATSTER said:

Roy's a fat bum who only has an overhand right as a skill.

Stipe will destroy him.

You said the same thing about Kongo, who got KTFO'd. Maybe if you stop bashing Roy he will lose a fight. LoL
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Roy's a 2-1 favourite apparently
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    Roy gonna put him to sleep, however, Roy needs to win this fight....it is his last contract fight and will have to renew afterwards. You all know how Dana feels about this man.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,355Free
    ThePack19 said:

Roy gonna put him to sleep, however, Roy needs to win this fight....it is his last contract fight and will have to renew afterwards. You all know how Dana feels about this man.

He will renew it regardless imo HW isn't deep and they have much worse fighters than Nelson it would be very stupid to let him go even if he loses.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,290Free

you dont know anything about weight cutting

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

this is a closer fight than people think, it will be competitive, stipe lands a much larger output of strikers per minute than roy, he might be able to out work him to a UD if he can weather the early storm and make big country gas, might not happen but we'll see

I also had struve beating Stipe if anyone can remember

this is a closer fight than people think, it will be competitive, stipe lands a much larger output of strikers per minute than roy, he might be able to out work him to a UD if he can weather the early storm and make big country gas, might not happen but we'll see

You know anything about MMA!
    Roy gonna knock his a** out, closer fight than ppl think, f****** kidding me?! Big Country gas out lmao, how could he gas when he knocks everybody out in the first round...

Roy gonna knock his a** out, closer fight than ppl think, f****** kidding me?! Big Country gas out lmao, how could he gas when he knocks everybody out in the first round...

O god you're an idiot, I didnt even say I was picking Stipe, and Big Country gasses all the **** time in fights that go past the 1st round...

LoL Everyone is starting to realize how bad of a poster FinishHim is. It's slowly expanding.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

edited June 2013

For his bodyfat roy is in great shape, you were picking nobody that's the point. And it's not a close fight, Stipe is good but Roy is on another level of fighting!
    And if i wanna see an idiot, i watch your profil 17K posts and only 800 positive reactions, that really proves that nobody takes u serious!

Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on

For his bodyfat roy is in great shape, you were picking nobody that's the point. And it's not a close fight, Stipe is good but Roy is on another level of fighting!
    And if i wanna see an idiot, i watch your profil 17K posts and only 800 positive reactions, that really proves that nobody takes u serious!

To be fair, majority of his posts were before the new forum format. Prior to this format there were no likes, agrees, etc.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

you take this way to seriously lmfao, I started posting at the carny after the update so my output shut down and who cares anyways

and for his body fat hes in good shape, not many people his size could go 5 minutes of fighting without collapsing, if he doesnt get the 1st round ko (not saying he won't or will,) hes in trouble.

PoloRidah said:

To be fair, majority of his posts were before the new forum format. Prior to this format there were no likes, agrees, etc.
    Alright, then we double it up? You got 3K and about 2K positive reactions, he's a hater! Compare our KZ threads, just one reason, he keep on hating!
    I don't give a s*** he's bad at making KZ threads and he's an idiot for thinking Stipe vs Roy is close!

edited June 2013

PoloRidah said:

Alright, then we double it up? You got 3K and about 2K positive reactions, he's a hater! Compare our KZ threads, just one reason, he keep on hating!
    I don't give a s*** he's bad at making KZ threads and he's an idiot for thinking Stipe vs Roy is close!

His KZ thread was lackluster, it belonged on the FB prelims with GSP.

Your KZ thread has an excellent video in it putting you on the main card. lol
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

LoL Everyone is starting to realize how bad of a poster FinishHim is. It's slowly expanding.

@i_run_this and @YoloRidah who again gets himself into a _Finish_Him_ conversation, you really hate me ;)

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,240Free
    I only dislike finishhim because he posts like a little girl
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    edited June 2013

And you post as two different persons and agree and like yo'self... that's full retard!
    Lol i defend myself i'm not Zaksame... get use to it!
    Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on

PoloRidah said:

@i_run_this and @YoloRidah who again gets himself into a _Finish_Him_ conversation, you really hate me ;)
    I just said you were a bad poster. Never said I hated you.

You actually provide me some entertainment from time to time while I'm at work and this forum needs all the posters it can get.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

lol the kz thread was to piss people off

And you post as two different persons and agree and like yo'self... that's full retard!
    Lol i defend myself i'm not Zaksame... get use to it!
    you're so easy its awesome