Dana confirms JBJ vs The mauler this fall

Comments

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free
    Surprised that toe will be ready in August.

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

• JonBonesJonesFanJonBonesJonesFan Posts: 13,387Free
    cool. nice test for jones.
    The GOAT Rain_Wizard slapped the taste out of my mouth.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds
  • fiskfisk Posts: 282Free
    So this is the beginning of the decline of Alexander.
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,314Free
    Nice...will def be watching

PPV or free tv?
  • JonBonesJonesFanJonBonesJonesFan Posts: 13,387Free
    edited June 2013
    nah he's still a beast. even if he gets dominated by Jones there won't be many others that could do the same.
    Post edited by JonBonesJonesFan on
    The GOAT Rain_Wizard slapped the taste out of my mouth.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds
  • liquid2metalliquid2metal Posts: 306Free
    He needs to do what shogun SHOULD'VE done.
    We all know Jones percentage of taking you down is very high.
    With that being said, he WILL take you down.
    If you throw a leg kick, make sure it's a hard one.
    Do the damage and work on getting up once he takes you down.
    If mauler can keep getting up and do the same over & over again, he has a chance of slowing him and catching Mr Broken Bones Jones.
    Forgot what fight Jones dominated in, and he was limping out of the cage from using those toothpick kicks.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our Fedor in heaven, hallowed be your sambo, your combos come. Your Kimora be done on the street, as it is in the ring. Give us today our daily sparring, and forgive us the overtraining we have done as we forgive those who knock us out. Subject us not to the trial but deliver us from Werdum. Remember that Fedor got triangled for your sins...

- Fedor - Roy Nelson - Lyoto Machida - Glover Texeira - Chael Sonnen - Nick Diaz - Carlos Condit -
    - Tarec Saffiedine - Nate Diaz - Gilbert Melendez - Frankie Edgar - Anthony Pettis - Ricardo Lamas -

Train by day, piss-off Shannon & Pack by night! All day!
  • DarksjeikDarksjeik Posts: 2,245Free

They should sedate Jones and give him a blindfold to make it an even matchup..

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    gus doesnt even have a slim chance of victory in this fight
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• SteelerNation43SteelerNation43 Posts: 12,681Free
    edited June 2013
    the only interesting thing about this fight is Gus is the first guy to come close to taking away a little bit of that reach advantage.

Post edited by SteelerNation43 on
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    edited June 2013
    gus has no real power he wont ko jones, he cant wrestle, his kicking game is average, he looses this fight everywhere its a bigger mismatch than cain vs bigfoot 2
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    edited June 2013
    Gus is gonna surprise a lot of people in this fight
    Post edited by fobar on

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,395Free
    fobar said:

This

He might be the first to get KO'd by Jones in the octagon
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner

the only interesting thing about this fight is Gus is the first guy to come close to taking away a little bit of that reach advantage.

Gus is a t-rex lol his reach is like 76 or something
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,398Free
    fobar said:

I hope so.

To shut all the haters up who complain about champions being scheduled to fight.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PunchBag said:

gus has no real power he wont ko jones, he cant wrestle, his kicking game is average, he looses this fight everywhere its a bigger mismatch than cain vs bigfoot 2

Gus has actually beaten a former UFC LHW champ and is on a 6 fight win streak in his weight class. The bold is false.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

it will be a more competitive fight than people think

gus is extremely skilled and a legit challenger for sure...his one weak spot is his wrestling, but if he could keep it standing it could be an interesting fight
    edited June 2013
    Sisti said:

it will be a more competitive fight than people think

gus is extremely skilled and a legit challenger for sure...his one weak spot is his wrestling, but if he could keep it standing it could be an interesting fight

He's already improved his wrestling. Is it enough for Jones? Probably not.

Gus's best interest would be to keep it standing, if he can.
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• liquid2metalliquid2metal Posts: 306Free

This

He might be the first to get KO'd by Jones in the octagon

LMAO

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our Fedor in heaven, hallowed be your sambo, your combos come. Your Kimora be done on the street, as it is in the ring. Give us today our daily sparring, and forgive us the overtraining we have done as we forgive those who knock us out. Subject us not to the trial but deliver us from Werdum. Remember that Fedor got triangled for your sins...

- Fedor - Roy Nelson - Lyoto Machida - Glover Texeira - Chael Sonnen - Nick Diaz - Carlos Condit -
    - Tarec Saffiedine - Nate Diaz - Gilbert Melendez - Frankie Edgar - Anthony Pettis - Ricardo Lamas -

Train by day, piss-off Shannon & Pack by night! All day!
    PoloRidah said:

PunchBag said:

Gus has actually beaten a former UFC LHW champ and is on a 6 fight win streak in his weight class. The bold is false.
    Bigfoot had a punchers chance, Gus has nothing

serious question:

if Machida gets a decision over Davis, will he get a title shot?

I hope not. If he beats Davis he should fight Glover. He won't though.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

edited June 2013

serious question:

if Machida gets a decision over Davis, will he get a title shot?

Machida is getting fitched the way dana treated him 2010-2012 time frame. Machida is the clear-cut number 2 guy in the division yet he will keep getting overlooked because his personality and fighting style is not enough to get interest from fans
    Post edited by Sisti on
    edited June 2013

PoloRidah said:

PunchBag said:

Dude he has 6 finishes and 2 unanimous decisions in that division. If he had nothing he wouldn't be on a 6 fight win streak. If this doesn't get you title shot, what does?

I'm not saying he isn't going to get destroyed but Jones has destroyed everybody.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

edited June 2013
    PoloRidah said:

PoloRidah said:

PunchBag said:

Dude he has 6 finishes and 2 unanimous decisions in that division. If he had nothing he wouldn't be on a 6 fight win streak.

I'm not saying he isn't going to get destroyed but Jones has destroyed everybody.
    agree...if there's any new challenger who should get the shot it's gus or tex

it's better to have gus get the shot before he fights Machida because I have a feeling Machida would be able to beat both gus and tex and it would take the interest out of the title fight
    Post edited by Sisti on
    is it just me, or is there less senseless hate on jones these days?

funny: that's the second time in a row an injury promotes a guy to a title shot

LMAO

What do you mean? Are you saying because Gus was pulled from his fight with Mousasi due to the cut he avoided losing to Mousasi and in return was granted a title shot?

Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Sisti said:

i dont see no hate here

• bluesybluesy Posts: 2,843Free
    I thought they were planning Silva vs. Jones. WTF does Dana always need to book another fight just before it looks like a superfight can actually go down? Stupid egghead.
    fobar said:

Sisti said:

i dont see no hate here
    i know, it's refreshing
    edited June 2013
    PATSTER said:

PoloRidah said:

funny: that's the second time in a row an injury promotes a guy to a title shot

LMAO

What do you mean? Are you saying because Gus was pulled from his fight with Mousasi due to the cut he avoided losing to Mousasi and in return was granted a title shot?

Well .....

Yes. Give the shot to Glover.
    I would honestly rather see that fight but I don't think this shot Gus is getting is unwarranted.

Since Gus is getting the shot the winner of Davis/Machida should fight Glover.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Sisti said:

fobar said:

Sisti said:

i dont see no hate here
    i know, it's refreshing
    I didnt think about it till you just mentioned it, makes a nice change