Former UFC fight Jon Fitch being built into a totally different guy

SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
lmao at the difference between how WSOF is trying to portray Jon Fitch compared to how UFC portrayed him

http://www.411mania.com/MMA/news/287483/[VIDEO]-WSOF-3-Jon-Fitch-Countdown-Feature.htm
Tagged:

Comments

• waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    UFC's portrayal was much more accurate.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• I think he'll finish Burkman tonight though.....anyone down for a signature bet ? let me know.
    2-0
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    I liked the promo and his misses is a hottie

• AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free
    I think Jon Fitch getting fired by the UFC was the best thing ever for him.

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    most likely fitch will get finishes outside ufc
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,044Free
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,218Free
    PoloRidah said:

The UFC cut him after he had a child, that's awful.

Fitch is like any other father, trying to support his family.

Well he definitely isn't fighting for his child lol
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • fiskfisk Posts: 282Free
    According to that commercial, Fitch beat GSP. XD
  • trez1336trez1336 Posts: 642Free
    Fitch will win 1-3 fights outside of the UFC and then he will be signed back for a lot less money than his last deal
    text
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,538Free
    He's fighting right now...
    the link doesn't work for me tho... if somebody could post the result, would be great!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,571Free
    trez1336 said:

Fitch will win 1-3 fights outside of the UFC and then he will be signed back for a lot less money than his last deal

Would would he come back when he can get easier fights and just as much if not more money?

trez1336 said:

Would would he come back when he can get easier fights and just as much if not more money?
    Well I don't know how much he is being paid now but my guess is if he went back to the UFC for less than he was making it would still be more than he is being paid now
    text
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    edited June 2013
    you need to go outside the UFC section if you want info on how to watch
    Post edited by fobar on

• jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    in that promo, Burkman looks like he is on the juice, delts and traps dont pop like that normally.

Fitch is one of the best fighters to have graced the octagon. He really is. He gets a bad wrap for being "boring", but I have mad love for the guy. No, its not gay, you're gay
    edited June 2013
    trez1336 said:

trez1336 said:

Well I don't know how much he is being paid now but my guess is if he went back to the UFC for less than he was making it would still be more than he is being paid now
    He's making 30+30 in WSOF and in the UFC he was making 60+60. So if the UFC offer him a contract for much less it probably wouldn't be worth it. The opposition in WSOF is on a much lower level that he could fight more often and bring in more money.

I don't think the UFC wants him back. He's 35 and not a future champion but demands a reasonably high pay due to being a longtime top WW. Plus their WW division is already full to the brim with contenders.
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
    edited June 2013

trez1336 said:

trez1336 said:

He's making 30+30 in WSOF and in the UFC he was making 60+60. So if the UFC offer him a contract for much less it probably wouldn't be worth it. The opposition in WSOF is on a much lower level that he could fight more often and bring in more money.

I don't think the UFC wants him back. He's 35 and not a future champion but demands a reasonably high pay due to being a longtime top WW. Plus their WW division is already full to the brim with contenders.
    I think the UFC would welcome him back, but you are right, I didn't realize he would be making that much with WSOF, I would have guessed anywhere from 8-12 for show, really no reason for him to go back

Post edited by trez1336 on
    text
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    PunchBag said:

most likely fitch will get finishes outside ufc

sorry i meant finished not finishes
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

The fight killed any legitimacy WSOF had. They're bigger competition for the WWE than they are the UFC.
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    Lol at the people that thought fitch was legit
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• ijosefijosef Posts: 1,635Free
    waikru said:

He was legit. He's just in the twilight of his career. Look how quickly Chuck Liddell went downhill after he lost the LHW title to Rampage. He got KO'd a bunch of times after that and retired. Fitch might pick up a few more wins against lesser competition but I think he's done as far as the rankings go.

Matt Hughes was very legit, but we all saw him towards the end of his career. If he came back now, do you think he could beat any of the top welterweights in the UFC? If BJ Penn comes back and fights at lightweight, how many top guys will he be able to beat?

It's just the nature of the game. Fitch, although definitely not my favorite fighter to watch, was a tough guy and beat a ton of great fighters. He's just on the downside, that's all.
  • ipso_factoipso_facto Posts: 1,023Free
    ijosef said:

waikru said:

He was legit. He's just in the twilight of his career. Look how quickly Chuck Liddell went downhill after he lost the LHW title to Rampage. He got KO'd a bunch of times after that and retired. Fitch might pick up a few more wins against lesser competition but I think he's done as far as the rankings go.

Matt Hughes was very legit, but we all saw him towards the end of his career. If he came back now, do you think he could beat any of the top welterweights in the UFC? If BJ Penn comes back and fights at lightweight, how many top guys will he be able to beat?

It's just the nature of the game. Fitch, although definitely not my favorite fighter to watch, was a tough guy and beat a ton of great fighters. He's just on the downside, that's all.
    Agree. At 35 years of age, yes, he is on the tail end of his athletic prime.
    Favorites:

HW - M. Mitrione, C. Velasquez

LHW - K. Soszynski, A. Johnson

MW - B. Stann, T. Credeur

WW - M. Brown, M. Pyle

LW - J. Lauzon, N. Diaz

FW - F. Edgar, D. Siver

BW - D. Cruz, U. Faber
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    edited June 2013
    It was a good quality video,not like the trash the UFC puts out.Probably hard to believe that i like Fitch being a GSP fan but i find the entire 170 division is easily the best in the sport.
    There is a reason the 170 division has the most talk about lay n pray and boring,it is because the fighters are so talented,the competition is so tough,you can't go out and fight sloppy.If you fight sloppy in the 170 division you will end up with a sloppy record,too many guys can beat anyone.
    People talk a lot about Fitch and GSP but guess what,the NEXT HERO >>Hendrick's was doign the exact same thing.He soon realized he does not have the skill to hang with Condit,so all he did was take him down.He actually does LESS than GSP/Fitch or any of the other wrestlers at 170.All of these fighters know you have to use whatever means you have to nullify your opponent. If you don't fight smart in the 170 division you go go home sore and beaten.
    Fitch lost to Hendrick's the same way GSP lost to Serra,same way Cain lost to JDS.I figured Fitch to win and imo he would win a rematch.
    Fitch proved that you NEED to ONLY win and NOT worry about fighting sloppy to impress Dana,he got FOTN versus Silva and still gets cut two fights later.IMO the UFC wanted out,they are really tight with their wallet,every single fighter in the UFC is under paid.
    Post edited by zaksame on
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • ipso_factoipso_facto Posts: 1,023Free
    His loss last night certainly won't help matters for him. :( Good for Burkman though...done with authority!
    Favorites:

HW - M. Mitrione, C. Velasquez

LHW - K. Soszynski, A. Johnson

MW - B. Stann, T. Credeur

WW - M. Brown, M. Pyle

LW - J. Lauzon, N. Diaz

FW - F. Edgar, D. Siver

BW - D. Cruz, U. Faber
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,282Free

I think he'll finish Burkman tonight though.....anyone down for a signature bet ? let me know.

lol

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

ijosef said:

waikru said:

It's scary how fast a guy's career can change and they look old overnight.