Anyone buying this stupid card tonight? (161)

AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free
How the hell does this card even make it to PPV is beyond me. This should be something like a UFC on Fuel TV or Fox as they are free this card is headlined by two losers regardless of their names and success in the past. Apart from the Main and maybe co-main this card is probably the worst card ever realeased on PPV and certainly for this year.

So who's actually gonna buy this ****? buying doesnt mean watching it by other means.

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

Tagged:

Comments

• Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,754Free
    doubt ill even watch it. Terrible terrible card. Well ill watch Big Country, and the Hendo fight, but thats it.
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,318Free
    it was scheduled on PPV before all the injuries. Point of this thread?

• AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free
    edited June 2013
    _TUF1_ said:

it was scheduled on PPV before all the injuries. Point of this thread?

the title go read it.

Post edited by Ansem on

• JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    This will the first card I didn't buy since UFC 147. Not that 161 is anywhere near as bad as 147, 161 may turn out to be a good card but after After Shogun/Nogueira 2 and Barao/Wineland got scrapped I lost interest.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
    edited June 2013

This will the first card I didn't buy since UFC 147. Not that 161 is anywhere near as bad as 147, 161 may turn out to be a good card but after After Shogun/Nogueira 2 and Barao/Wineland got scrapped I lost interest.

lol yeah, I didnt buy Chuck vs Franklin that was a pretty pathetic card, too at the time.
    Post edited by Ansem on

• Defiantly not worth paying 60 $ especially with 2 **** on the ppv that NOBODY knows. Nelson Stipe and Pat Jordan are the only fights i'm really anxious to see on the PPV , Suga vs Hendo will be a grappling match....
    2-0
    lol so far the only buyers of this card seems to be bar owners haha, im interested in knowing anyone actually supporting this in there household.

PATSTER said:

I got my friends to come to BWW with me just because Big Country is fighting.

They seem to like him for some reason lol.

lol, well i like him cuz he pisses off Dana. But apart from that he's also had 6 KO's in the UFC so that says something.

• ipso_factoipso_facto Posts: 1,029Free
    9 different belts in the UFC and they still can't manage to schedule a title fight for every ppv event??

It's cuz Winnipeg isn't a world class city. In the eyes of the UFC, they don't count as much.
    Favorites:

HW - M. Mitrione, C. Velasquez

LHW - K. Soszynski, A. Johnson

MW - B. Stann, T. Credeur

WW - M. Brown, M. Pyle

LW - J. Lauzon, N. Diaz

FW - F. Edgar, D. Siver

BW - D. Cruz, U. Faber
  • Hayden512Hayden512 Posts: 2,581Elite
    I'll be using one of my free ppvs that come with the account.

Probably would buy it anyways. I bought 147 and watched by myself lol.
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

PATSTER said:

9 different belts in the UFC and they still can't manage to schedule a title fight for every ppv event??

It's cuz Winnipeg isn't a world class city. In the eyes of the UFC, they don't count as much.

They had BW champ Barao and Shogun on this card you idiot.

It was their intention to deliver on this card. Injuries took it from a great card to an OK card.
    yeah but they should realize thats Barao and Shogun was what made it a PPV card, Hendo vs Rashad was the kicker. Now its not considered PPV class so they should be smart enough to know that, but w/e i'd like to see the ppv buys for this event.

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,859Free
    i hope evans doesnt turn the main fight into 1 of the worst fights in ufc history like lil nog vs evans
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

PATSTER said:

They had BW champ Barao and Shogun on this card you idiot.

It was their intention to deliver on this card. Injuries took it from a great card to an OK card.
    Idiot? Well excuse me! ^:)^ 8-|

Incidentally, the same thing happened in Calgary. Funny how it never happens in Montreal or Toronto.
    Favorites:

WW - M. Brown, M. Pyle

LW - J. Lauzon, N. Diaz

FW - F. Edgar, D. Siver

BW - D. Cruz, U. Faber
  • _TUF1__TUF1_ Posts: 8,318Free
    lol at Ansem agreeing with Pat when his OP states the opposite 8-}

• GSP_rules1GSP_rules1 Posts: 928Free
    PATSTER said:

I got my friends to come to BWW with me just because Big Country is fighting.

They seem to like him for some reason lol.

Troll post...everybody knows you don't have any real life friends. That would require a person to turn off there pc. Did you mean your parents are taking you to BWW to watch?

Mighty Mouse is a boring point fighter, and will be the reason his weight class gets eliminated from the ufc. Nobody cares if he wins or loses.

_TUF1_ said:

lol at Ansem agreeing with Pat when his OP states the opposite 8-}

you really got one of the worst reading comprehension level on this forum dont ya? i suppose english is probably not your first language.

• HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,185Free
    PoloRidah said:

I bought it.

I've also been cooking a pork loin for the last 6 hours for pulled pork BBQ sandwiches. A couple of my buddies are coming over to watch and bringing their wives and kids. Good times regardless of the card.

lol when you put it that way, I guess you will have a great night regardless of the fights. I suppose UFC nights arent always about the fighters on the cards but the great night that lies ahead as you put it.

• HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,185Free
    PoloRidah said:

I bought it.

I've also been cooking a pork loin for the last 6 hours for pulled pork BBQ sandwiches. A couple of my buddies are coming over to watch and bringing their wives and kids. Good times regardless of the card.

Carne Asada, homemade salsa, and some fresh tortillas for me and my friends. Fight cards on the background are always a good time.
    BBQ at my place, burgers and spicy chicken.

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,344Free
    PATSTER said:

Go to a bar or Buffalo Wild Wings, then.

dude is like 16, he can't go to a bar lol

And his mom won't drive him to buffalo wild wings
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    Actually on 2nd look, every fight on the main card, as well as 3 of the prelims, does strike interest for me. I'll buy it.
    Favorites:

WW - M. Brown, M. Pyle

LW - J. Lauzon, N. Diaz

FW - F. Edgar, D. Siver

BW - D. Cruz, U. Faber
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,859Free
    PoloRidah said:

I bought it.

the benefits of living in a trailer park :)
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    This is the third time the UFC has put on a very sub par card in Canada that did not include GSP.I think the UFC considers us a bunch of dummies,that they can sell anything here.Canada is far too supportive of the cards.
    I did however notice that the cost here must be far less as the cards here get more people but have a smaller gate.Simple marketing i guess,if you only have 8k seat arena in Brasil it will sell out fast,so you can charge more.He said he owes Calgary a card but imo it is just talk,i mean seriously,he thinks EVERY single fight the UFC puts on is the next coming of Christ.Well i doubt he thinks it ,he just likes to put on the act in front of the camera/media.
    There are some interesting fights,some will be fun to watch,but i wouldn't pay to watch it.I already spend 180 bucks on Cable,i would be retarded if i started to make it 300+ every time a sporting event is on ppv.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,182Free
    Nope. But I will be watching replays of Machida getting KO'd and choked out viciously by Shogun and Jones and that will make a great night anyways. =))
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
    edited June 2013
    Za1994 said:

Nope. But I will be watching replays of Machida getting KO'd and choked out viciously by Shogun and Jones and that will make a great night anyways. =))

lol not as funny as your Chinese Warrior boy Wang crying on TUF. Link is on my sig.

also that whale on your sig is revolting everytime im posting while I eat, you shud consider changing it.
    Post edited by Ansem on

• NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    what is this buying thing you speak of?
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

• MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,139Free
    Not me. Buy any other card with great fights? Not me either.
  • Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,182Free
    Ansem said:

Za1994 said:

lol not as funny as your Chinese Warrior boy Wang crying on TUF. Link is on my sig.

also that whale on your sig is revolting everytime im posting while I eat, you shud consider changing it.
    LMAO!!! I didn't even notice I was in your signature! LOOOOL. Andy Wang is the biggest can ever. =)) =)) =)) =)) I haven't laughed this hard in a long time. Whew! That was hilarious. Reported for avoiding the swear filter! :)) You know she sexy as ****. What a hater. 8->
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI