Does Pat Barry Need 205?

BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,488Free
edited June 2013 in UFC
in his last interview with Bradly, Pat answered fellow forum poster Patsters joking question of if pat wants to drop to 205 with one of the only times you will see Barry not in a joking mood

His answer was "name me a fight I lost cuz I was the smaller guy" it's clear Pat is getting tired of being asked this...I don't blame him...anyone would get tired of being asked the same thing over and over, no matter how nice of a person you are

Now as a HUGE Barry fan as both a fighter and person I feel he has lost a few cuz he was smaller then the other guy cuz his chin was not as good as theirs...bigger guys take better punches if the force is equal when compared to smaller guys in general...does anyone think Pat would not take as good a punch if it was a LHW throwing it then that of a HW ? ( uknow the whole mass x Acceleration thing)

Pat's last 4 losses were to Jordan - Johnson - Struve - Kongo all but Jordan had a huge size advantage over Barry and all ever able to put him away cuz of it (Struve long legs made that sub easier)

These are things he would not have to deal with as much as he would at LHW

If you also look at these vids you will see just how well he takes his HW diet dude weighs 245 at most eating like crap...just think how we'll be would lose weight if he power lifted less (yeah ur not that jacked unless ur crazy lefting) and took a diet as legit as a GSP or Hendricks take it

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=umaKX50aUSg&feature=related

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eB1oh3Afj0E

They are both super funny but come one

I'm a huge fan of him as a person and as a fighter but I just wish he would take it as legit as a GSP when it comes to a diet

Dude has skill we all see that but his 5-6 UFC record will not cut it someday for Dana and I fear we will have to search hard to see this guy fight

Does Pat Barry Need 205?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
Sig record
40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>

Comments

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,218Free
    Eat What Ever And Chill At 240-245
    He can't make 205

HW is good for him, he gets to fight less skilled guys

At 205 he would get slapped around by Glover and Whitepage
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,488Free
    Make The Cut To 205

He can't make 205

Idk if he can make the cut or not but bigger men have cuz 35-40 be4 when they ate what ever they wanted and lifted a lot

Clean diet
    Less DB curls

May help him get there who knows
    Sig record
    40-21

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

• IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,863Free
    Make The Cut To 205
    He can stay at HW fighting bigger guy's, where the chance of getting KTFO is pretty high even against the lower ranked guy's or

He can drop to 205 where he has atleast a size advantage over the smaller 205's and his power put's him a notch above most.

Of course dropping will take more effort and has maybe past that point in his career where he can master weight cutting and maybe afford a loss due to it

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,488Free
    Make The Cut To 205
    Identity said:

He can stay at HW fighting bigger guy's, where the chance of getting KTFO is pretty high even against the lower ranked guy's or

He can drop to 205 where he has atleast a size advantage over the smaller 205's and his power put's him a notch above most.

Of course dropping will take more effort and has maybe past that point in his career where he can master weight cutting and maybe afford a loss due to it

That's really how it is

The way I look at it is he eats like **** and weighs 240-245 and lifts weights often

If he somewhat eats cleaner alone he maybe drops to 230-235 and we know other 205ers are more then that when not training guys like Forrest have been shown to be 250 at times as well as rampage
    Sig record
    40-21

• GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Make The Cut To 205
    205 if he can. Isn't he only 6'?

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,170Free
    I don't think 205 would be right for him. He'd probably be too drained from cutting, his cardio would suffer and fighting faster more skilled guys isn't gonna help. He'd also be unhappy having to stay on a strict regimented diet. He's always fought at HW.

Personally i think Pat should stay at HW but his training should change drastically. He tries to fight like a big guy and this is a mistake.

I see him hitting mitts all the time and power kicking HW bags but he's always in close. What good are big short punches and power kicks if you can't close the distance without getting hit and you telegraph. By using more quickness, movement, feints and counters it will only help to supplement his power game. Im not saying he should suddenly change his style to an elusive counter fighter but he needs to add some to his game and for sure he'll be a lot more successful.

When he fights he has to fight at range against most opponents and pot shot so he needs to work on proper distance, footwork, angles, head movement, smooth combinations in and out and quickness instead of flat out ape power. For that style to work he shouldn't be afraid to clinch and drive them into the cage if he misses or someone presses him. One big mistake he makes a lot is when someone lands and presses him is he backs out right into the end of the opponents strikes. He almost always stays in the middle range and pays for it when he's not the aggressor and sometimes from coming in to aggressively himself.

He needs a more quickness focus foundation so he can pick his spots with the heavy caveman brute power stuff. Quit trying to fight ALL big man Pat.
    So here's a non tl;dr recap

He needs better footwork, head movement, feints and clinching to control distance with a focus on quickness and angles.

As opposed to just linear straight in caveman im gonna hit you harder than you hit me and just block and back straight up when you hit me.
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,538Free
    No, i love Barry at HW... He will be back, hopefully!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• Za1994Za1994 Posts: 3,156Free
    He should consider retiring.
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin. 414 Reppin' the Mil
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
    PATSTER said:

Za1994 said:

STFU
    No. Pat Barry isn't going to be a champion at LHW or HW. He's getting older. His last 4 fights that he lost; 3 of them were by vicious KO's. But I guess you just want to see him take more punishment and see him get laid out cold. His chin isn't good to be fighting, consider retiring and avoid the long term brain trauma.

@PATSTER
    Been on the Anthony "Showtime" Pettis train since day one. No questions asked. Showtime Attack Force Too Strong.
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/139486/i-see-it-now-anthony-showtime-pettis-will-go-down-as-the-goat/p1
    Represent Roufusport:
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
    Za1994 said:

PATSTER said:

Za1994 said:

STFU
    No. Pat Barry isn't going to be a champion at LHW or HW. He's getting older. His last 4 fights that he lost; 3 of them were by vicious KO's. But I guess you just want to see him take more punishment and see him get laid out cold. His chin isn't good to be fighting, consider retiring and avoid the long term brain trauma.
    The champion thing doesn't matter. There are plenty of fighters that will never be champion and know they won't but still fight. He turns 34 in July, he's not that old, he just needs to refine his game and he'll be fine.

Still his decision either way.
    PATSTER said:

He comes to bang and puts on exciting fights for the fans.

You might like watching Askren butt **** his opponents on the ground but I like the guys who bang, bro.

Askren > GSP. All of the fighters in my sig come to bang except for probably Dustin Ortiz and Ben Askren. But they still finish fights more often than GSP and Jake Shields. So your argument is invalid. Like I said above.

Za1994 said:

PATSTER said:

Za1994 said:

STFU
    The champion thing doesn't matter. There are plenty of fighters that will never be champion and know they won't but still fight. He turns 34 in July, he's not that old, he just needs to refine his game and he'll be fine.

Still his decision either way.
    When your strongest weapon is your striking, and guys are knocking you out standing; and your ground game is virtually non-existent; add to it a chin that doesn't hold up anymore...If you're a true fan of Pat Barry you would want him to consider retiring and avoid the brain trauma that he can possibly get from getting viciously knocked out in his past few fights. If his chin was better, sure. But it's not. Everyone has their own opinion and I personally think he should consider retiring.
    Represent Roufusport:
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • dirtyNYC17dirtyNYC17 Posts: 412Free
    Make The Cut To 205

He can't make 205

Who da fuq is Whitepage? @carnages41

He can't make 205

lolwut? he claims Bader is Whitepage = Rampage

Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

He can't make 205

Whitepage=Bader
    Blackpage=Ovince Saint Preux
    Brownpage=Thiago Silva
    Bluepage=Jimi Manuwa
    Yellowpage=Machida
    Redpage=Joey Beltran
    Gaypage=Gegard Mousasi

He can't make 205

Whitepage=Bader
    Blackpage=Ovince Saint Preux
    Brownpage=Thiago Silva
    Bluepage=Jimi Manuwa
    Yellowpage=Machida
    Redpage=Joey Beltran
    Gaypage=Gegard Mousasi
    Yellowpage? Machida LMFAO

PATSTER said:

He got punched in the eye and got stunned. He didn't take many direct blows in that fight so I don't see how you think this after last night.

I think you're just butt hurt that Roufusport sucks and training there was getting Barry nowhere.

@za1994

When your strongest weapon is your striking, and guys are knocking you out standing; and your ground game is virtually non-existent; add to it a chin that doesn't hold up anymore...If you're a true fan of Pat Barry you would want him to consider retiring and avoid the brain trauma that he can possibly get from getting viciously knocked out in his past few fights. If his chin was better, sure. But it's not. What the **** does Roufusport have anything to do with this you **** CAN. LMAO. Stfu.
    Represent Roufusport:
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
    Pat Barry has the best striking in the UFC, he just expected Shawn Jordan to lay on him
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• BlackziliansBlackzilians Posts: 565Free
    yes!
    Maia vs Rousey
    Phenom 'n Suga
    Welcome to Welterweight Division Mr. Lombard.
    AAAND NEW! UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Alexander Gustafsson
    PATSTER said:

Za1994 said:

PATSTER said:

He got punched in the eye and got stunned. He didn't take many direct blows in that fight so I don't see how you think this after last night.

I think you're just butt hurt that Roufusport sucks and training there was getting Barry nowhere.

@za1994

When your strongest weapon is your striking, and guys are knocking you out standing; and your ground game is virtually non-existent; add to it a chin that doesn't hold up anymore...If you're a true fan of Pat Barry you would want him to consider retiring and avoid the brain trauma that he can possibly get from getting viciously knocked out in his past few fights. If his chin was better, sure. But it's not. What the **** does Roufusport have anything to do with this you **** CAN. LMAO. Stfu.
    He got punched IN THE EYE

I don't think that brain damage comes from that. I understand he's been knocked out by Kongo and Johnson but if his doctor is fine with his MMA career to continue and he still believes in his skills, who the **** are you to question retirement for him. At the end of the day you're a nobody like everyone else on this forum and your knowledge on the brain and trauma is probably non-existent so I don't really get where you're coming from.

You disgrace Whitepage with your foolish comments.
    So getting punched in the eye is different from getting punched in the head? LMAO. Alright, you just went full retard.

Represent Roufusport:
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
    He lost because of that punch to the eye, that's so true, it's Pat Barry Stand up Warrior. Next Fight he's gonna kick some a** again, blee dat!
    Rothwell vs Vera winner = Vera vs HD

PATSTER said:

Za1994 said:

PATSTER said:

Za1994 said:

PATSTER said:

@za1994

He got punched IN THE EYE

I don't think that brain damage comes from that. I understand he's been knocked out by Kongo and Johnson but if his doctor is fine with his MMA career to continue and he still believes in his skills, who the **** are you to question retirement for him. At the end of the day you're a nobody like everyone else on this forum and your knowledge on the brain and trauma is probably non-existent so I don't really get where you're coming from.

You disgrace Whitepage with your foolish comments.
    So getting punched in the eye is different from getting punched in the head? LMAO. Alright, you just went full retard.

You're not going to get brain trauma from a punch to the eye you idiot.
    You're still getting PUNCHED IN THE **** HEAD!!!! You're brain doesn't go: "I got punched in the eye, my brain is okay". YOUR BRAIN CAN'T TELL! You get punched in the ear, you're still getting punched in the head. You get punched in the eye, you're still getting punched in the head. You get punched in the nose, you're still getting punched in the head. HOW **** RETARDED ARE YOU??? **** RETARD ALERT!!! DERP DERP. Wow. I've never met such a stupidly idiotic person like @PATSTER The Retard. Kick me in the eye! It won't give any trauma to my brain! LMAO. Congrats dummy. YOU WIN THE INTERNET. WOO HOO! You can count to potato! **** fantastic!

Ouch. @PATSTER You should put some ice on that **** whuppin'.

I've always wanted to go off on you for the longest..And you finally said something retarded enough. LMAO. My GAWD. Winning never felt so good. Now, go cry to your **** mommy you prissy little retarded nugget.

Represent Roufusport:
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    wont prevent him from getting Knocked out
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,784Free
    plenty of people at LHW with enough power to KO barry
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free
    Pat Barry needs bellator at this point, that was embarrassing. He actually contributed to making that card one of the biggest ripoffs in UFC history.

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,946Free
    PATSTER said:

Nice to see your loyalty to Roufusport, fighters present or past.

At least we know that if any of those guys jumped ship they'd be out of you sig instantly and your support for them would disappear.

Pat Barry is a gym jumper like Tyson Griffin.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,567Free
    Pat Barry gains nothing at 205. The guys there are better than the guys at HW. Only difference he would have to change his entire body just to get whooped by smaller guys.
    PATSTER said:

You're arguing a technicality. Obviously the eye is located on your head, but getting punched in the eye doesn't compare with getting elbowed in the back of the head repeatedly like Gonzaga.

Can't wait to see what meaningless pics your going to post to argue with me.

Right. Getting punched in the eye doesn't cause trauma to the brain that's why Pat Barry was PERFECTLY okay. It's not like he was WOBBLED or anything. LMAO. **** retarded **** nugget. Stfu noob. You ain't **** but a **** bum **** CAN who counts to potato like a RETARD. So **** stupid. Getting punched in the eye doesn't cause trauma to the brain??? LMAO.

Hey! I found @PATSTER THE RETARD

You're so **** stupid. You must be the stupidest person I have ever talked to. Punches to the eye doesn't cause trauma to the brain..LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO. I'm done. I heard it was in the wrong to continue owning a mentally handicapped person like @PATSTER The Tard. =)) =)) Have fun trying to make sense and counting to potato. =)) =))
    Represent Roufusport:
    UFC 164 Milwaukee, WI
    Za you are embarrassing whitepage with your retardedness