The Pros think Silva will lose

waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
Dana White stated the following:

"All the pros, when you talk to all the fighters - every fighter out there that I've talked too that we've interviewed thinks Weidman is going to beat him [Silva]. Georges St. Pierre thinks he's going to win so much that he didn't even want to plan to fight Anderson."

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/6/16/4434928/ufc-quick-quote-every-fighter-is-picking-chris-weidman-to-defeat-anderson-silva-ufc-162-mma

What do you guys think? Will this be the end of Silva's title reign? I can't help but think that age could be a major factor in this fight.
On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

Tagged:

Comments

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,253Free
    In before the Silva fanboys claim Dana paid all of the UFC fighters to say that Weidman will win.

In before the haters who claim they are Silva fans but complain when he is scheduled to fight regardless of the opponent.

War Weidman.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    waikru said:

"All the pros, when you talk to all the fighters - every fighter out there that I've talked too that we've interviewed thinks Weidman is going to beat him [Silva]. Georges St. Pierre thinks he's going to win so much that he didn't even want to plan to fight Anderson."

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/6/16/4434928/ufc-quick-quote-every-fighter-is-picking-chris-weidman-to-defeat-anderson-silva-ufc-162-mma

What do you guys think? Will this be the end of Silva's title reign? I can't help but think that age could be a major factor in this fight.

i do think today's mma landscape is so ultra competitive that a 38 year old with a weakness to wrestlers is obviously going to eventually lose

i think weidman is probably the perfect style matchup to beat silva, just don't know for sure if he's overall good enough to beat silva

should be interesting, but think it's closer than people realize
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,577Free
    Opinions are opinions, who gives a sh**. It's a fight anything could happen, weidman is able to win and andy is able to win, aslong there's no draw i'm happy! Weidman truly got some skills, but he hasn't earned himself a titlefight vs Anderson Silva and he will pay for it!
    The only thing that really matters is, who brings it july 6, if weidman wins congrats u beat the best in the world, if silva wins like he always does, it isn't a suprise at least for me!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• MuayMuayMuayMuay Posts: 26Free
    Very clever mr.white.. A veeerrryyy clever tactic in selling this fight and putting even more money in your back pocket sir
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,908Free
    GSP say's that for his benefit as he doesn't want to get destroyed by Anderson, sure it's a safe thing to do but it's not the way the sport work's

Imo Weidman is good at a lot of thing's but not great at anything. Anderon has beat Jiu Jitsu based fighter's (Maia) Wrestling based fighter's(Sonnen) and striker's (Belfort).

Sure Weidman is a good wrestler but Anderson's counter is his Jiu Jitsu and he showed he can go a hard 5 round's with a wrestler and still come out on top.

• HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,165Free
    LOL GSP did not turn down Silva because he thinks Weidman will win. :))
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    TUF1_ said:

waikru said:

Georges St. Pierre thinks he's going to win so much that he didn't even want to plan to fight Anderson."

=))

I didn't write that.

"Believe in the beard"

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,819Free
    edited June 2013
    i lol at everyone thinknig a guy with only 9 fights and a year layoff will beat the greatest MMA fighter the sport has ever seen.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    I believe gsp
    I'm picking Weidman to win this one because I think his style is a potential nightmare for Silva, but I think the difference between him beating Anderson and getting knocked out is how far he's come in his standup. He looked beastly on the feet against Munoz, but Munoz is overrated, was coming off a big layoff, and has never been any sort of striking phenom. If Weidman takes Silva down, and can keep him down, then he could have this, but Anderson can knock him the **** out at any moment too.

I think we're also all still waiting for the day when Anderson becomes old overnight, but you can never count on that.
    Favorite Fighters by Division:

Liz Carmouche
    Tim Elliott
    Eddie Wineland
    Frankie Edgar
    Melvin Guillard/TJ Grant
    Mike Pierce
    Michael Bisping
    Alexander Gustafsson
    Minotauro Nogueira/Matt Mitrione
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,253Free
    edited June 2013
    PunchBag said:

i lol at everyone thinknig a guy with only 9 fights and a year layoff will beat the greatest MMA fighter the sport has ever seen.

He should retire then right? =))

Did you think Condit could beat GSP even though he had a year layoff?

Anderson Silva is human like the rest of the fighters in the UFC and isn't unbeatable and I'm not the first person to root for the underdog.
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PunchBag said:

Anderson has almost been out for the same amount of time: Weidman's been out since July and Silva since September. Weidman is ten years younger and will have a reach advantage. However, I do think Silva can win this through his experience.

"Believe in the beard"

and andersons style isnt a nightmare for weidman?
    "Believe in the beard"

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free
    waikru said:

Wanting Silva to lose and predicting it are very different, just ask Sonnen.

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    When is the last time a fighter actually tried to wrestle him?
    Sonnen and dominated him.Before Sonnen it was some small Brasillian who beat Silva.Sonnen 2 we never got to see a complete fight as Sonnen messed up trying for a spinning back flop.
    Point is that in 2 fights where Silva was actually wrestled he came out 1-1 but was actually beat in both.The other fight where he had to actually grapple he got subbed so any kind of real grappling and Silva struggles very badly.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
    zaksame said:

Sonnen and dominated him.Before Sonnen it was some small Brasillian who beat Silva.Sonnen 2 we never got to see a complete fight as Sonnen messed up trying for a spinning back flop.
    Point is that in 2 fights where Silva was actually wrestled he came out 1-1 but was actually beat in both.The other fight where he had to actually grapple he got subbed so any kind of real grappling and Silva struggles very badly.

Your not allowed to post on my threads. You've been banned.

"Believe in the beard"

• cromwellcromwell Posts: 655Free
    how can any of you fools bet against the spider, don't you learn from the past.
    "You say im not great, i say i am great. However, i know myself better than you know me, so my conclusion of myself is therefore more accurate."
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,836Free
    The UFC promo men just saw GSP's interview and decided to turn it into an angle. Now, Dana is hyping the **** out of it, saying that all the pros are picking Weidman when it's only just a handful of his buddies. It's the story they need to sell a guy who only has 9 fights under his belt. How else are they gonna make this noob look like a threat to the greatest Mixed Martial Artist of all time? Dana is so full of ****, especially when it comes to anything involving his butt-buddy, GSP. Really, Georges won't bother fighting Anderson because he knows Chris is gonna beat him? I guess it has nothing to do with the fact that he has been ducking him for FIVE years. You dummy.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the fight at all. I can't wait for it, in fact, and understand that it was the only logical decision given how every other possible contender in the division dropped the ball. But if you're taking any of this seriously, you haven't been watching the UFC for long or are naive to their marketing schemes. Wolf tickets gonna wolf ticket, simple as that.
    dana knows weidman has already lost
    "Believe in the beard"

• GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Dana fluffing Weidman up I see.

• DaPhreshnessDaPhreshness Posts: 84Free
    edited June 2013
    zaksame said:

Dude, everyone tries to wrestle Anderson. Bonnar tried, Sonnen did try to take him down and failed before his spinning back flop, Okami wanted to keep him pressed against the fence, Maia dived helplessly at him whenever he wasn't staring at him, Leites got him down once but otherwise dived helplessly, Hendo wrestled him, Marquardt wrestled him, and Lutter took him down too. He destroyed all of them.

Only Vitor, Forrest, and Cote decided to fight him in a striking match, and even Vitor dived on top of him the minute he saw the opportunity.
    Post edited by DaPhreshness on
    Favorite Fighters by Division:

Liz Carmouche
    Tim Elliott
    Eddie Wineland
    Frankie Edgar
    Melvin Guillard/TJ Grant
    Mike Pierce
    Michael Bisping
    Alexander Gustafsson
    Minotauro Nogueira/Matt Mitrione
  • liquid2metalliquid2metal Posts: 306Free
    After silva beats this chump, he should grab the mic and say, "GSP...you absolutely suck"
    Tired of GSP's fronts. Just say you don't want to fight him.
    Trust. We'd ALL understand.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our Fedor in heaven, hallowed be your sambo, your combos come. Your Kimora be done on the street, as it is in the ring. Give us today our daily sparring, and forgive us the overtraining we have done as we forgive those who knock us out. Subject us not to the trial but deliver us from Werdum. Remember that Fedor got triangled for your sins...

- Fedor - Roy Nelson - Lyoto Machida - Glover Texeira - Chael Sonnen - Nick Diaz - Carlos Condit -
    - Tarec Saffiedine - Nate Diaz - Gilbert Melendez - Frankie Edgar - Anthony Pettis - Ricardo Lamas -

Train by day, piss-off Shannon & Pack by night! All day!
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,295Free
    silva is gonna push his **** in

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion