UFC 162 prediction: Chris Weidman will defeat Anderson Silva

TedCzechTedCzech Posts: 29Free

My prediction for UFC 162 is that middleweight Chris "The All-American" Weidman will beat champion Anderson Silva and take his title. He'll do it by take-downs, ground-and-pound and maybe a submission. Weidman is a skilled wrestler, and as we know, Silva is susceptible to take-downs. Silva has also been submitted in his career, although it's been a very long time. Weidman also possesses the submission skills to beat Silva. Weidman is younger, stronger and just as big as Anderson Silva. Combine those things together, and you've got the perfect storm for an upset and a new UFC MW champ.
Tagged:

Comments

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,286Free
    you guys are dicks, hes just promoting his ****

but Anderson will be too much for Weidman, he has shown he can defend some takedowns and weidmans striking is not as great as people say it is. 2nd round ko for the spider

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,564Free
    I see his face when i'm searching the UFC on Youtube over and over again and i see him here over and over again.
    Enough is enough, if he would try to commincate with us sometimes, we wouldn't act like d***'s.
    But he only wants to impose on us, like he's something better, he hasn't a single post, just threads!!!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    No he won't. Better start pre-nursing your butthurt now.

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,581Free
    No way, Anderson will never lose a fight ever. Everyone knows this. He's undefeated for a reason
  • -HiLiteOfTheNite--HiLiteOfTheNite- Posts: 617Free

but Anderson will be too much for Weidman, he has shown he can defend some takedowns and weidmans striking is not as great as people say it is. 2nd round ko for the spider

Weidman has better striking than Sonnen and a better ground game overall. If somebody is going to beat Anderson it is this guy, though I think Anderson will find a way to win, as he always does, usually in amazing fashion. Maybe he'll KO Weidman from his back with an up-kick or some kind of elbow strike to his temple. That would be sick. I highly doubt he'll submit Weidman, though its possible. I would actually give Weidman the edge in that department. I like Weidman's confidence, but I think it could lead to him being KO'd.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,220Free
    War Weedman.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

WAR SPIDER SILVA
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

WAR SPIDER SILVA

Anderson Silva has fans?

No way [-X
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

WAR SPIDER SILVA

Anderson Silva has fans?

No way [-X

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,286Free

Weidman has better striking than Sonnen and a better ground game overall. If somebody is going to beat Anderson it is this guy, though I think Anderson will find a way to win, as he always does, usually in amazing fashion. Maybe he'll KO Weidman from his back with an up-kick or some kind of elbow strike to his temple. That would be sick. I highly doubt he'll submit Weidman, though its possible. I would actually give Weidman the edge in that department. I like Weidman's confidence, but I think it could lead to him being KO'd.
    lol I want to know what you are basing this on.....

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• -HiLiteOfTheNite--HiLiteOfTheNite- Posts: 617Free

Well, based on the fact that you lol'd I can tell we have differing opinions on the subject, which means nothing I say will matter, based on the fact that you seem to have already made up your mind to disagree with me, but I'll indulge regardless.

There are no real certainties in a sport like MMA, and everyone has different opinions. I think Weidman's striking is superior because he's much more elusive. Sonnen has decent footwork, but he typically goes straight forward, which causes him to eat more shots than he needs to. Weidman doesn't have this problem because he has much better head movement and utilizes angles as well as his reach advantage. You can also look at it from a recent performance stand-point. Weidman has a KO over a current top 10 MW. Sonnen has never knocked out anybody in the UFC, in fact the last time he earned a stoppage due to strikes was back in 2007 against a guy named Kyacey Uscola. I also tend to think that Weidman has a benefit from coaching in that area from Ray Longo, whereas Sonnen trains under Jamie Huey.

My claim regarding their ground games is also debatable, obviously, but I'll attempt to rationalize this for you as well. In terms of pure wrestling I'd say that Sonnen holds an edge, hands down. His accomplishments speak volumes, but we both know there's a big difference between wrestling and MMA wrestling. Again, Sonnen is an aggressive, straight forward wrestler, much like his striking. His aggressiveness is useful in many situations, but it can be very sloppy. He utilizes a power double-leg most of the time, which is successful when mixing in strikes, but easily avoided if not, as well as the fact that it leaves him open to strikes and submissions. Weidman uses more of a finesse grappling game with conscious effort to defend against strikes and submissions. This allowed him to grapple with 4th degree BJJ black belt Demian Maia and actually get the better of the vast majority of exchanges. Weidman will not be afraid to grapple with Silva due to this, while Sonnen was submitted by both Maia and Silva. Weidman has a clear advantage in this area as well, as he's been coached by 3rd degree BJJ black belt Matt Serra, while Sonnen has only really started training recently under Vinny Magalhaes, after suffering 8 submission losses in his career to several less than intimidating grapplers.

This is my opinion. You don't have to agree with it, but hopefully that answers your question sufficiently.
  • BigmacbubBigmacbub Posts: 1,441Free
    i_run_this... you have been served
    I think this might be the best running TedCzech thread ever :D

• FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,044Free
    "Weidman is younger, stronger and just as big as Anderson Silva."

For sure he's younger but how do you know he's any stronger.??? sounds like you just pulled that straight out of your ****.
  • HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,165Free

For sure he's younger but how do you know he's any stronger.??? sounds like you just pulled that straight out of your ****.

He won't respond to you. He is zaksame if zaksame made videos.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,581Free

You just have to look at Anderson' frail old frame and then compare it to Weidman's studly figure and you can see he's far stronger and a lot more handsome.
  • Rashad_Anton_EvansRashad_Anton_Evans Posts: 173Free
    Nothing to see here folks just another troll
    I'm the goat. Jones got lucky and now I just have to keep dominating until I get a rematch and KO him.

Well, based on the fact that you lol'd I can tell we have differing opinions on the subject, which means nothing I say will matter, based on the fact that you seem to have already made up your mind to disagree with me, but I'll indulge regardless.

There are no real certainties in a sport like MMA, and everyone has different opinions. I think Weidman's striking is superior because he's much more elusive. Sonnen has decent footwork, but he typically goes straight forward, which causes him to eat more shots than he needs to. Weidman doesn't have this problem because he has much better head movement and utilizes angles as well as his reach advantage. You can also look at it from a recent performance stand-point. Weidman has a KO over a current top 10 MW. Sonnen has never knocked out anybody in the UFC, in fact the last time he earned a stoppage due to strikes was back in 2007 against a guy named Kyacey Uscola. I also tend to think that Weidman has a benefit from coaching in that area from Ray Longo, whereas Sonnen trains under Jamie Huey.

My claim regarding their ground games is also debatable, obviously, but I'll attempt to rationalize this for you as well. In terms of pure wrestling I'd say that Sonnen holds an edge, hands down. His accomplishments speak volumes, but we both know there's a big difference between wrestling and MMA wrestling. Again, Sonnen is an aggressive, straight forward wrestler, much like his striking. His aggressiveness is useful in many situations, but it can be very sloppy. He utilizes a power double-leg most of the time, which is successful when mixing in strikes, but easily avoided if not, as well as the fact that it leaves him open to strikes and submissions. Weidman uses more of a finesse grappling game with conscious effort to defend against strikes and submissions. This allowed him to grapple with 4th degree BJJ black belt Demian Maia and actually get the better of the vast majority of exchanges. Weidman will not be afraid to grapple with Silva due to this, while Sonnen was submitted by both Maia and Silva. Weidman has a clear advantage in this area as well, as he's been coached by 3rd degree BJJ black belt Matt Serra, while Sonnen has only really started training recently under Vinny Magalhaes, after suffering 8 submission losses in his career to several less than intimidating grapplers.

This is my opinion. You don't have to agree with it, but hopefully that answers your question sufficiently.
    LoL Owned
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doctor...15684498441639