The top 5 best MMA fighters of the 1990's

_Spartan_Spartan Posts: 383Free
I been watchin ken shamrock old fights, he was brutal with his submissions

top 5 in no particular order
Dan Severn went 35–3–3 in the 1990's with about a 90% finish rate
Ken Shamrock went 23-5 in the 1990's
Royce Gracie 11-0-1
Bas Rutten went 27-4-1 and lost to only 3 fighters 2 of those fighters bas won in the rematch,
Igor Vovchanchyn 39-2-1 in the 1990's

don frye went 11-1 in 90's
Chael Sonnen went undefeated in the 1990's may be number 1
Tagged:

Comments

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,804Free
    ^^ this,
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,564Free
  • _Spartan_Spartan Posts: 383Free

Oleg Taktarov

still deserves rematch against the predator
    Don Frye vs Takayama a true War !!! Mustache vs Blond huge asian guy
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,804Free
    ㊣think that was fight of the century㊣
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,196Free
    Marco Ruas, Jose Pele Landi, Jeremy Horn. Rickson and Renzo Gracie., Masakatsu Funaki, Rumina Sato, Hayato Sakurai

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,240Free
    What a about Murilo Bustamante?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    This^^

Pat Miletich, Pedro Rizzo, Mark Kerr & Mark Coleman
    Harold Howard, Keith Hackney, Kimo Leopoldo, Tank Abbott, Fred Ettish
  • BAMfreddrickBAMfreddrick Somewhere in AlbertaPosts: 4,949Free
    Igor Vovchanchyn has the longest win streak professional mma ever I believe. Or am I wrong?

Igor Vovchanchyn has the longest win streak professional mma ever I believe. Or am I wrong?

I think Travis Fulton had a 40 fight win streak. Jeremy Horn is up there too but i don't think he surpassed Igor.

Back in the day Ivan Gomes had like 80 something ValeTudo fights and was undefeated. Euclides Pereira claims he was 200+ with no losses but i've seen one news clipping with Ivan Gomes hand raised. He also fought Gomes to a draw. He also beat Carlson Gracie via decision and Waldemar Santana. Carlson was a boss too he had a ton of fights and only lost a few decisions i believe one being a controversial decision to Euclides and another to Gomes who he also fought to draw. There are stories about Carlson trying to improve his Valetudo skills he'd go to the beach and challenge people and he told them he would only grapple with no submissions and they could do anything they liked even bite and gouge. Lol that's serious dedication between training all the time and fighting professionally in Vale Tudo.

I think Travis Fulton had a 40 fight win streak. Jeremy Horn is up there too but i don't think he surpassed Igor.

Back in the day Ivan Gomes had like 80 something ValeTudo fights and was undefeated. Euclides Pereira claims he was 200+ with no losses but i've seen one news clipping with Ivan Gomes hand raised. He also fought Gomes to a draw. He also beat Carlson Gracie via decision and Waldemar Santana. Carlson was a boss too he had a ton of fights and only lost a few decisions i believe one being a controversial decision to Euclides and another to Gomes who he also fought to draw. There are stories about Carlson trying to improve his Valetudo skills he'd go to the beach and challenge people and he told them he would only grapple with no submissions and they could do anything they liked even bite and gouge. Lol that's serious dedication between training all the time and fighting professionally in Vale Tudo.
    Euclides Pereira claims to never been beaten but has 5 draws against ivan gomes
    I thought they only fought 3 times 2 draws and a loss but i could be wrong. There is a news clipping with them and Ivan is having his hand raised by the ref and if you look at articles about Gomes you can see he has a win against Pereira in 72 or 73 i can't remember.

Here is the picture....

I thought they only fought 3 times 2 draws and a loss but i could be wrong. There is a news clipping with them and Ivan is having his hand raised by the ref and if you look at articles about Gomes you can see he has a win against Pereira in 72 or 73 i can't remember.

Here is the picture....

here is the interview where Pereira said he draws ivan gomez in 1964, twice in 1967, in 1972 and 1974
    interesting trivia fact Chael Sonnen made his professional MMA debut before Randy Couture, literally just 20 days apart.
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,822Free

_Spartan said:

I thought they didn't have decisions or draws in old school MMA?
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors

_Spartan said:

I thought they didn't have decisions or draws in old school MMA?
    seems like they didnt have time limits or judges , fights that were draws were over an hour long so they called it a draw after an hour of fighting with no winner
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Sakaraba Royce easily the best.Then Ken Shamwow,,later Severyn came in and took over but of course was much the bigger fighter.Most using roids except Royce and Sakaraba,later Royce was caught,no doubt he knew he needed the added oomph to fight Hughes,still lost,he was over the hill at that point.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
    edited June 2013
    zaksame said:

Sakaraba Royce easily the best.Then Ken Shamwow,,later Severyn came in and took over but of course was much the bigger fighter.Most using roids except Royce and Sakaraba,later Royce was caught,no doubt he knew he needed the added oomph to fight Hughes,still lost,he was over the hill at that point.

Sakaraba =)) ? Severyn =)) ? You lying F*** again ZakMan?
    =))
    Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Yeah in his younger days Ken Shamrock was a beast.
  • CiGaNo#87CiGaNo#87 Posts: 127Free
    Crazy horse
    HW: JDS, Pat Barry
    LHW: The Mauler, Glover Teixeira
    MW: Vitor Belfort, Chael Sonnen
    WW: Rory Mcdonald, Gunnar Nelson
    LW: Cowboy Cerrone, The Eagle Nurgagomedov
    FW: Cub Swanson, Korean Zombie
    BW: Michael Macdonald, Renan Barao
    FLW: Ian Mccall
    WBW: Ronda Rousey('cause she's really hot)

Kyokushinkai old school.