Uk fans UFC moves to BT give your opinion

HAD0K3NHAD0K3N Posts: 765Free
Just a quick survey amongst the fans in the uk. As we know BT has the worst asdl connection disconnects regularly . every kid who plays Xbox has fiber optic internet due to the significant bandwidth increase.

What internet provider do you use ?

Will the move to BT make you change your TV or internet supplier ?
Biyootched
Tagged:

Comments

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    It already has, made the move from sky. Still plays my Netflix ok on the Xbox so happy enough, free sports for a year.
    Biyootched
    Never been on cable internet pal, errmm not sure what max is. Been downloading 1.6gb films in about 50min though not sure if that's bad or not.

Getting ufc events and premier league football all free of charge for a year is a huge plus, come next year you will get it for about £3 a month i think they said. Hopefully they put more effort into promoting mma over here aswel, because espn did an awful job.
    mine would take about 8 mins :)

but does depend on what speed the host is uploading it .
    Post edited by HAD0K3N on
    Biyootched
  • Cinnywen316Cinnywen316 Posts: 5Free
    I think at the moment it is not great, the fact you can only get the channel if you subscribe to BT or Sky is a joke, BT have not made the channel available to Virgin or any of the Freeview companies at this time.

It means a lot of people that have been enjoying the UFC in the UK and have been happy to pay for it on ESPN UK will have no way of watching the events come August!

Lets hope BT can come to agreements with Virgin and other companies to broadcast the new sports channels sooner rather than later!
  • HAD0K3NHAD0K3N Posts: 765Free
    and those people are all within the demographic of ufc viewers , i feel this is a way of pulling in the casual footy fan in but doubt it will work it will still be shown at the same time live and doubt repeats will be before the water shed i wont be missing out as i have sky player on my xbox under my mates account who will get the channel due to the footy .... but imo seemed like a duff move the general consensus within the people i know is that they would rather not watch it then go anywhere near bt internet ...... just wondering what others thought
    Biyootched
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    I'm staying with Virgin, it will come eventually and my internet is the dogs nuts

• Dark_HorseDark_Horse Posts: 2,035Free
    I'm staying with Virgin as well. BT can get Fed. UFC sucks these days anyway. I can count the amount of fighters with personality on one hand currently.
    Happy in his folly, the fool embraces the Devil.
    You can get the channels on Bt sports website i believe.
    Considering moving to BT, or just adding it onto the existing sky package I already have. But in all honesty, the number of events that I watch live is minimal, due to the time that they're on, so if I can find it on the internet the day after for free, I'm happy to do that
  • andydandyd Posts: 104Free
    Already switched to BT Infinity BB from Sky ADSL BB. Also got the new HomeHub4 which is loads better than my old Sky Router and has 5 GHz as well as 2.4GHz bands for faster connectivity.

When I priced it up it was much cheaper to do that then keep Sky BB & phone and pay for BT on top. However Sky did offer me free line rental for a year and half price Sky Fiber BB for 6 months to tempt me to stay. So if you don't want to move it may be worth speaking to them anyway to see if they will offer something to you as well.
  • HAD0K3NHAD0K3N Posts: 765Free
    just heard that this channel will not be available on virgin media and that espn will be removed from the virgin network too.
    Biyootched
    Then you will have to get it online.

I have just signed a new deal with Virgin for Tivo and 120meg broadband. internet is too **** good to move to any other company

• wordackwordack Posts: 474Free
    I'm on virgin and mega pissed off that I now have to illigaly download the event sunday morning but due to my 60 meg connection this isn't an issue like it would be on top speed 5 meg bt ****. Screw you dana you absolute tool.
  • BobmysterBobmyster Posts: 2,677Free
    I have full sky package so have added it paying £3 per week! Well worth it! I don't do it online.
    Lets hope we see BT show more old ufc's and prelims. Tonight's viewing looks good,
    UFC-the story so far followed by the countdown show, then the prelims and then the main show.
    I thought ESPN was good at the numbered events but the fox cards/fuel cards were badly broadcast!
    Tonight will be the proof in the pudding! Fingers crossed!
    *Michael Bisping Defence Force Co-Founder*

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,402Free
    fobar said:

Nothing confirmed either way with Virgin and BTSports but then Virgin are slow at negotiations and terrible at announcing any news on progress or channels being added.

I have just signed a new deal with Virgin for Tivo and 120meg broadband. internet is too **** good to move to any other company

This I'm tied into a contract with virgin media and my Internet for playing online and the deal is good got tivo and an extra box upstairs that also had ESPN. So I went on BT sports and asked the support team if they had a way to pay for there online player and watch it online since I'm willing to and they said you have to have there broadband and phone line put in. I'm pissed off tbh and they expect people not to illegally view it lol!
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • GstarUkGstarUk Posts: 7,194Free
    Already with sky, and bt.
    So free btsport for a year for me.
    Boom!
  • cromwellcromwell Posts: 655Free
    ye, i got bt so im sorted
    "You say im not great, i say i am great. However, i know myself better than you know me, so my conclusion of myself is therefore more accurate."
  • gazlufcgazlufc Posts: 651Free
    I switched from sky to BT because every other company has been horrendously slow.AOL 180 kb/s Plusnet and Sky 190 kb/s BT 550 kb/s and a free sports channel.ESPN is probably the worst sports channel in the history of mankind (except for UFC of course) which just showed all the crap which sky sports didnt want.Now theyve lost it to BT Sport they should just sod off and take their crap elsewhere!