Who would win a fight between prime Randy Couture and prime Shogun?

BAMfreddrickBAMfreddrick Somewhere in AlbertaPosts: 4,949Free
edited June 2013 in UFC

Who would win a fight between prime Randy Couture and prime Shogun?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free
    Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
    I voted for Prime Shogun, but that was in Pride where he could use his trusty soccer kicks to the face.

So, there was no specifics on rules.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doctor...15684498441639

In the UFC, Randy.
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,881Free
    Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
    A prime Randy wouldn't last long in today's UFC

But Shogun would be a beast
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,220Free
    Randy Couture
    Identity said:

What are you talking about? It's the exact oppsite in my opinion.

The cage is more suited for Randy's style and the pride rules were more suited to Shogun's style.

Wanderlei_Rua's comment was correct

In Pride, Shogun.

In the UFC, Randy.

Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,232Free
    Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
    Is this a ****ing joke?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,562Free
    Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
    Always vote for Pride Shogun.... Except he would fight Pride Wandy... That would be a hell of a Poll!!!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,881Free
    Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
    PoloRidah said:

Identity said:

What are you talking about? It's the exact oppsite in my opinion.

The cage is more suited for Randy's style and the pride rules were more suited to Shogun's style.

Wanderlei_Rua's comment was correct

In Pride, Shogun.

In the UFC, Randy.

With fighter's like Jones, Gus, Glover, Machida

Randy would get destroyed
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,954Free
    Randy Couture
    You cant be serious!!

Dont ever put Captain America and Slowbum ShoDuckroid PooSucksa in the same sentance again.

Randy would literally maul this bum and make him tap the mat when he quits again.
    Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

You cant be serious!!

Dont ever put Captain America and Slowbum ShoDuckroid PooSucksa in the same sentance again.

Randy would literally maul this bum and make him tap the mat when he quits again.

Randy is a can who ducked Ramgoat and Hendo
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
    Randy lost to Chuck LOL

Randy Couture

You cant be serious!!

But ShohowTURRIBLEiam is a scrub who got strangled by Forrest lmfao.
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
    Candy is the most overrated fighter in the ufc!!! Even prime candy would get nowhere near a title in the light heavyweight or heavyweight division.
    Randy sucks.

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

• TheOvereemTheOvereem Posts: 8,997Free
    Prime Shogun, via murder

Overeem - Shogun - Mousasi - Manuwa - Bisping - Manhoef - Watson - Daley - Hardy - B.Henderson - McGregor - Pickett

Train by day, Joe Rogan Podcast by night, all day!

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 947Free
    Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
    Gabri1985 said:

Candy is the most overrated fighter in the ufc!!! Even prime candy would get nowhere near a title in the light heavyweight or heavyweight division.

Says the genius about the only former LHW and HW champion...
    Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

Gabri1985 said:

He never fought the best lhws and the best hws at the time where cans

Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

Gabri1985 said:

right place, right time.

You cant be serious!!

Remind me. How'd the rematch go when Shogun was healthier?

Oh, that's right, it was a first round destruction. Much like the first fight would've been if Rua didn't have extra balls where his knees should be.

Try not to hate on the only guy who can withstand repeated H-bombs and still come back to force a draw in the best fight in MMA history.
    Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

Gabri1985 said:

He never fought the best lhws and the best hws at the time were in Pride
    Fixed.

I try not to hold it against Couture that he was in a second tier promotion at the time.
    Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

Gabri1985 said:

Fixed.

I try not to hold it against Couture that he was in a second tier promotion at the time.
    do you think he would even get a title shot now?
    Gabri1985 said:

Gabri1985 said:

Fixed.

do you think he would even get a title shot now?
    It's hard to say. That's like asking if Babe Ruth would be dominant in today's MLB. You can't fairly compare athletes from different eras.
    Randy Couture

You cant be serious!!

Oh, that's right, it was a first round destruction. Much like the first fight would've been if Rua didn't have extra balls where his knees should be.

Try not to hate on the only guy who can withstand repeated H-bombs and still come back to force a draw in the best fight in MMA history.
    If you use the health excuse i can easily come back with some **** like "Forrest was distracted/washed up/didnt want it anymore"

And that was no draw, Dan beat the hell outta him.
    Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

You cant be serious!!

If you use the health excuse i can easily come back with some **** like "Forrest was distracted/washed up/didnt want it anymore"

Excuses aside they are 1-1. No shame in losing to another champion.

Hendo did beat that **** for 2 1/2 rounds. But he gassed and ended up mounted for 4:30 of the fifth=10-8 round=47-47 Draw
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Randy Couture
    I'd go for Randy in a battle of attrition in the UFC

Under Pride rules I think Shogun takes it everytime
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • twistedfascinationtwistedfascination < img src="PICTURE url" \>Posts: 408Free
    Randy Couture
    Randy would out grind shogun in his prime I think. But I wouldn't be surprised by a Shogun flash finish.

• fmbfmb Posts: 9Free
    Randy Couture
    Shogun would get wrestled into oblivion.
    Randy Couture

You cant be serious!!

Hendo did beat that **** for 2 1/2 rounds. But he gassed and ended up mounted for 4:30 of the fifth=10-8 round=47-47 Draw

You cant be serious!!

The third round was a 10-7 rd for Dan.
    Mauricio "Shogun" Rua

You cant be serious!!

You cant be serious!!

The third round was a 10-7 rd for Dan.
    Cecil? Is that you?
  • TeemuSelanneTeemuSelanne Posts: 919Free
    Gabri1985 said:

Lol'd so hard @ Candy.
    Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
    Fact is none of them are cans. Randy, Shogun and Hendo are all legends and former champions.

The difference being that one of them didn't have to abuse PED's to do it. B-)