Weidman Pros-Cons

zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
I had to watch Weidman's fights over again to refresh my memory on what he does and how it will weigh in versus Silva.
I have to say after watching all the details,Chris is not going to have as easy a win as i originally thought.

Chris lacks muscle power,however it gives him quickness and better cardio.That lack of power might come into play versus Silva because Chris has fought a lot of guys more to his size and reach advantage.Silva is bigger than most think,he cuts all his weight from his skinny legs to maintain a big upper body.
Chris tends to favor the double leg TD,that might not fair to well versus Silva who is quick and can scissor well.Chris has shown on odd occasion to use the single and leg trip but tends to favor the double too much imo.Chris tends to leave his head open for a Guillotine,kind of sloppy lie kthat,but not sure Silva would go for it or not.

Chris covers up very well when on the defense but when he moves in to strike his hands drop to his chest and leaves him open to counters.So happens counters are Silva's specialty.This will be very key,i think Chris gets caught early because of this,then he will need to move in more diligently.

Chris although a wrestler,tends to want to strike and stay on his feet a lot,he is not going to win a speed or striking war versus Silva.
On the ground Chris is pretty good,as mentioned his lack of over all power might make it tough to keep and control Silva on the ground.However Chris and his team have a very good understanding of elbow use,a HUGE factor in this fight game.He understands to pin an arm although doesn't use it often enough.
Chris does not have as good of TD's as Sonnen imo,not bad but not quite as good.

Where he lacks is just like GSP ,i see the arm triangle choke there a lot but he seems to not want to use it or doesn't fully understand it.

I think what this fight will come down to is Chris's ability to adapt to his minor flaws.Weidman is a really good all around fighter,i wouldn't say his BJJ is that great,definitely won't be a factor in this fight.He will need to understand his limitations verus Silva.he will not have his own way and nothing will come easy,so he needs to fight smart.Silva is one of the smartest fighters in the UFC,that is his biggest advantage,imo he has had to be to make up for his wrestling weakness.

This will be a very good fight,i just hope Weidman does not tire later rounds like Sonnen did because he really doesn't have the strength/power to move Silva around with ease.My final synopsis is Weidman 55-45 a very slight favorite.
Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
Tagged:

Comments

• MMA_FTWMMA_FTW Co-Owner of the UFCPosts: 6,818Free
    Back pedaling already?
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,824Free
    did not read
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,585Free
    PunchBag said:

did not read

This^^ True Story!!!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• MMA_FTWMMA_FTW Co-Owner of the UFCPosts: 6,818Free

Stupid or dedicated... we will never know

Little of column A, little of column B.
    "Game recognize game and you lookin' kinda unfamiliar right now. I - I can't... Where's Granddad? Can I help you, sir?"
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,877Free
    MMA_FTW said:

Stupid or dedicated... we will never know

Little of column A, little of column B.
    It would have to be.

He is persistent though
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    zaksame said:

This will be a very good fight,i just hope Weidman does not tire later rounds like Sonnen did because he really doesn't have the strength/power to move Silva around with ease.My final synopsis is Weidman 55-45 a very slight favorite.

My final synopsis is Silva 99.99 - 00.01 a huge favorite as he is the goat. Weidman will be eating octagon mat for dinner that night.

• Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    Weidman via whatever he wants, whenever he wants.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,003Free
    TSDR
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free

PunchBag said:

did not read

This^^ True Story!!!
    "haters gonna hate"
    jduk said:

PunchBag said:

did not read

This^^ True Story!!!
    "haters gonna hate"
    Ty for your input...

Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• UFC_FORUM_GOATUFC_FORUM_GOAT Posts: 27Free
    Pros - Hes a pretty solid fighter all around

Cons - He isn't good enough to beat Silva
    P4P best fighters

1. Anderson Silva
    2. Jon Jones
    3. GSP
    4. Michael McDonald
    5. Roy Nelson
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    edited June 2013
    You don't have to cut weight,you can just not build it up with muscle,c'mon think a bit."legs" .GSP does a lot of squats,most wrestlers build up leg strength,Weidman is a VERY odd case who also does not build his legs much,he says he has chicken legs.
    LOL 99.9-.01 that sounds reasonable.../not.But hey like so many it took no thinking and no effort to come up with those numbers,i wonder if the Las Vegas bookies and computers use that sort of thinking?I am sure there are some bookies at 99.9-.01 somewhere in the middle east maybe.
    Post edited by zaksame on
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,011Free
    zaksame said:

You don't have to cut weight,you can just not build it up with muscle,c'mon think a bit."legs" .GSP does a lot of squats,most wrestlers build up leg strength,Weidman is a VERY odd case who also does not build his legs much,he says he has chicken legs.
    LOL 99.9-.01 that sounds reasonable.../not.But hey like so many it took no thinking and no effort to come up with those numbers,i wonder if the Las Vegas bookies and computers use that sort of thinking?I am sure there are some bookies at 99.9-.01 somewhere in the middle east maybe.

LMFDO.
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,011Free
    For anybody who didnt read ill highlight the good stuff.

"Muscle power"
    "Silva cuts weight from his skinny legs"
    "Silva scissors well"
    "Chriss lack of power will make it hard to control Silva on the ground"
    "He understands how to pin the arm"
    "Maybe he doesnt fully understand the arm triangle"
    "Chris must adapt to his flaws"

For anybody who didnt read ill highlight the good stuff.

"Muscle power"
    "Silva cuts weight from his skinny legs"
    "Silva scissors well"
    "Chriss lack of power will make it hard to control Silva on the ground"
    "He understands how to pin the arm"
    "Maybe he doesnt fully understand the arm triangle"
    "Chris must adapt to his flaws"

I tried to read the post, but i couldn't finish it.
    Ty for the summary...

• trez1336trez1336 Posts: 642Free
    zaksame said:

I had to watch Weidman's fights over again to refresh my memory on what he does and how it will weigh in versus Silva.
    I have to say after watching all the details,Chris is not going to have as easy a win as i originally thought.

Chris lacks muscle power,however it gives him quickness and better cardio.That lack of power might come into play versus Silva because Chris has fought a lot of guys more to his size and reach advantage.Silva is bigger than most think,he cuts all his weight from his skinny legs to maintain a big upper body.
    Chris tends to favor the double leg TD,that might not fair to well versus Silva who is quick and can scissor well.Chris has shown on odd occasion to use the single and leg trip but tends to favor the double too much imo.Chris tends to leave his head open for a Guillotine,kind of sloppy lie kthat,but not sure Silva would go for it or not.

Chris covers up very well when on the defense but when he moves in to strike his hands drop to his chest and leaves him open to counters.So happens counters are Silva's specialty.This will be very key,i think Chris gets caught early because of this,then he will need to move in more diligently.

Chris although a wrestler,tends to want to strike and stay on his feet a lot,he is not going to win a speed or striking war versus Silva.
    On the ground Chris is pretty good,as mentioned his lack of over all power might make it tough to keep and control Silva on the ground.However Chris and his team have a very good understanding of elbow use,a HUGE factor in this fight game.He understands to pin an arm although doesn't use it often enough.
    Chris does not have as good of TD's as Sonnen imo,not bad but not quite as good.

Where he lacks is just like GSP ,i see the arm triangle choke there a lot but he seems to not want to use it or doesn't fully understand it.

I think what this fight will come down to is Chris's ability to adapt to his minor flaws.Weidman is a really good all around fighter,i wouldn't say his BJJ is that great,definitely won't be a factor in this fight.He will need to understand his limitations verus Silva.he will not have his own way and nothing will come easy,so he needs to fight smart.Silva is one of the smartest fighters in the UFC,that is his biggest advantage,imo he has had to be to make up for his wrestling weakness.

text
  • PabloskyPablosky Posts: 675Free
    edited June 2013
    nice breakdown... its good to see that your studying MMA! im do the same everytime that a exciting fight is coming.

but i dont agree at all....i think A.S. its the best MMA fighter at this time...

but you're right, im going to start re-watching WEIDMAN's fights.
    Post edited by Pablosky on
    thanks god im less stupid now!

let me break it down for you

pros
    decent striking
    decent jujitsu
    excellent wrestling
    great top game

cons
    decent wont match silvas striking
    silva has the edge jujitsu wise
    silva's weakness but weidman doesnt normally double leg take down.
    poor bottom game.
    1 year layoff
    only 9 pro fights
    nobody he beat in the top 10 currently
    a good number of boring fights
    "Believe in the beard"

• Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,721Free
    Weidman favors the single leg take down
  • chonschons Posts: 3,366Free
    The condensed version for the TLDR crowd is, zaksame hates that **** Anderson.
    The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds reptiles of the mind.

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,607Free
    Will this be the fight that Anderson's age finally catches up to him, resulting in a passing of the MW torch to the young lion Weidman?

I think so.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

no it wont
    "Believe in the beard"

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,607Free
    Pro - becomes the MW champ

Con - beats the trash out of Silva and everyone blames it on Silva being too old.
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,617Free

Con - beats the trash out of Silva and everyone blames it on Silva being too old.

It's going to be very annoying to see all the "Silva's old" comments when he finally loses. He'll look like superman in the fight before, come back a few months later and lose and everyone will be like "He's 40, he would of killed him when he was 35"
  • FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    This fighter review gave me AIDS.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    why hasnt this forum implemented a "flag as retarded" option.
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.