Does anyone else get creeped out by the way Greg Jackson talks?

AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free
edited June 2013 in UFC

I was just watching a fight the other day and the round ends Condit goes to his corner and Greg pops up, he pulls his shorts open and holds it with his hand as he starts sweet talking him in a really weird manner kinda like the old guy from family guy.

Also he always seems to recruit the younger fighters in his camp and always has a keen eye for them like Jones, and all the recent snuggling of all the young talent coming from Russia. Is it weird that he gave solo lessons to Yoshiro Akiyama ? i think so.

Also if any of you are keeping up with fightmaster the Bellator version of TUF theres alot more creepy Greg Jackson behaviour you cannot avoid seeing, especially as the coaches were being selected by the fighters.

You know im not surprised fighters under him like Jones are hanging around with underage children in the backseat of their Bentleys.
Post edited by Ansem on

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

Tagged:

Comments

• AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free
    Identity said:

It's called Grooming

yeah but its wrong because these younger fighters are looking for good trainers and coaches, Greg knowingly attracts such aspiring fighters and exploits them.

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    I do i think he is ****.I can't even remember what fight i was watching but he was all happy gay telling his guy he was owning,oh ya it was Noons versus Cowboy,he was in Cerrone's corner,watch that again in between rounds and i would be like,i'm going over to a different corner.

He talks like he is talking to his 3 year old kid in the bath tub.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
    zaksame said:

I do i think he is ****.I can't even remember what fight i was watching but he was all happy gay telling his guy he was owning,oh ya it was Noons versus Cowboy,he was in Cerrone's corner,watch that again in between rounds and i would be like,i'm going over to a different corner.

He talks like he is talking to his 3 year old kid in the bath tub.

lol yes i remember that one, he's like go get some Cerrone something like that in one of the creepiest tones ever.

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,564Free
    Dude, acts like a Kindergarten Teacher in the Octagon... still a great Coach, he knows !!!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 948Free
    Greg Jackson is the Jim Jones of MMA. Nobody else could convince fighters like Condit, Guida and Sanchez to be boring pointfighters that are scared to engage.

Somebody needs to put a stop to his cult before he persuades more of our favorite fighters to drink the Kool-aid.
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free

Greg Jackson is the Jim Jones of MMA. Nobody else could convince fighters like Condit, Guida and Sanchez to be boring pointfighters that are scared to engage.

Somebody needs to put a stop to his cult before he persuades more of our favorite fighters to drink the Kool-aid.

at the end of the second round against Rory, Greg bollocked the crap out of Carlos, he went on to stop him right before the bell. Just sayin'
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 948Free
    jduk said:

at the end of the second round against Rory, Greg bollocked the crap out of Carlos, he went on to stop him right before the bell. Just sayin'
    I'm a Condit fan. He's an exciting fighter and I've always liked his style....

But the Diaz fight was a disgrace. As was Guida's performance against Maynard and Sanchez' joke of a "win" over Gomi. How Jackson convinced those three warriors to completely abandon their styles and avoid exchanging is beyond me.

There's a difference between gameplanning and point-fighting that Greg abuses, to the detriment of his fighters and the sport.
    edited June 2013

jduk said:

But the Diaz fight was a disgrace. As was Guida's performance against Maynard and Sanchez' joke of a "win" over Gomi. How Jackson convinced those three warriors to completely abandon their styles and avoid exchanging is beyond me.

There's a difference between gameplanning and point-fighting that Greg abuses, to the detriment of his fighters and the sport.
    agreed, also its not surprising that most fighters and even fan favorites like Guida, Condit, GSP, Jones when they moved to Greg Jackson they eventually got a huge hate base.
    Post edited by Ansem on

• cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,115Free
    Go get some cowboy cerrone......
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• KOTMFKOTMF Posts: 348Free
    Ansem said:

jduk said:

agreed, also its not surprising that most fighters and even fan favorites like Guida, Condit, GSP, Jones when they moved to Greg Jackson they eventually got a huge hate base.
    It's up to the fighter. Most of these guys are fighters at heart but once they start getting the taste of the possibility that they can make more money and get title shots, they are willing to do what will make them win as opposed to just being exciting. I think it works for guys like GSP who is already rich and famous and a champion who always win, but if you use the boring, safe, style of fighting and still lose, then it doesn't work for you and you'll stay in the company longer even if you lose by fighting exciting fights.
    What it comes down to for a lot of guys is the money. They have families to support so they probably figure if I win some fights, by whatever method, i'll make more money and give them a better life. Guys like Condit are smart, if boring fighting won't win him fights, he'll go back to fighting since he knows that'll win him fans and Dana's favour.