Anderson: ''I want to do my job and return to my kids in one piece.'' Win, lose or draw...

_Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,585Free
"Age doesn't have anything to do with it. Weidman's been wanting this fight for a while so I know he'll be very well prepared. For me, regardless of whether I win or lose, I want to do my job and return to my kids in one piece. It's about setting examples for the kids. Everything extraordinary I've wanted to do in my career, I feel that I've done. Now it's a matter of clocking in and doing my job."

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/6/26/4463798/ufc-162-anderson-silva-lacking-motivation-for-chris-weidman-mma

Doesn't sound to confident anymore... do you think it's tactical Warfare? Or is he afraid to be taking down for 5 rounds again?
Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

Tagged:

Comments

• DarksjeikDarksjeik Posts: 2,245Free
    I honestly believe he understands there's a more than fair chance his number is up..

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Oh ya he cares so much about his kids,is that why he is out dancing to Justin Bieber because his kids like him?Is that why he is hanging out looking stoned singing some stupid song with some guy on an acoustic,that sounds like more important than his kids any day ,every day.Does he even have his kids in sport or does his wife do all of that?.When have we EVER seen him active with his kids?
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,585Free
    Darksjeik said:

I honestly believe he understands there's a more than fair chance his number is up..

There's always a chance, fighters make mistakes, like going into a fight with an injured rib or throw a spinning back fist and ruin your own night...
    The question is, can Weidman capatalize on the situations with his 9 pro fights, like andy always did over the years. Forrest Griffin fight...Bonnar fight, Sonnen Fight, Anderson Silva is on Point with every attack! We're about to find out... 9 days...
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    Darksjeik said:

Silvas fans will refuse to hear this. A clear sign that even Silva himself has doubts about who will win. WAR WEIDMAN!!!!!

Oh and BTW.....those buttocks are spectacular!

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,824Free
    hope this doesnt mean hes going to clown and stall to a decision win
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    He is scared out of his mind of chris, glad the real Anderson is finally starting to show through.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
    I gotta say this AS AN ANDERSON FAN and proudly Brazilian ... Anderson is saying a lot of "negative" things that makes me wonder about his confidence towards this fight, honestly. Lately, he is talking too much about the whole thing of "winning or lose blah blah blah" which makes me kinda nervous.

I know A LOT OF YOU WILL HATE ME FOR THIS but this whole thing (fight) is looking like a Weidman vs Anderson 2 on new years weekend and a bunch of $$$ into Silvas pocket PLUS the mega PPV sale. Sorry.

Retiring as the champ (no matter if he gotta get that belt back or not) and the record of title defenses that he already has beat is good enough for Anderson right now and I really think all he gonna do from now on is chase the $$$ as you and me would do the same IF YOU WERE ON HIS SHOES.

On the other hand, we are talking about a mind game master who might be building up Weidmans confidence towards this fight and maybe that will be Weidmans downfall ??
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    You mean he doesn't want to lose or get hurt? I'm surprised he would say that
  • RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
    ... on the other hand, part of me says we gonna watch a replay of Anderson vs Maia with Anderson taunting him around, calling him to fight, dancing, etc, etc ...
  • EpilogueEpilogue Posts: 124Free
    anderson just kinda says whatever... everything he says I take with a grain of salt... he enjoys putting doubt in people and trolling them before the fight...
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,721Free
    edited June 2013
    zaksame said:

Oh ya he cares so much about his kids,is that why he is out dancing to Justin Bieber because his kids like him?Is that why he is hanging out looking stoned singing some stupid song with some guy on an acoustic,that sounds like more important than his kids any day ,every day.Does he even have his kids in sport or does his wife do all of that?.When have we EVER seen him active with his kids?

What the fuuuuuuuukkkkkkkkk!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?
    Post edited by Cole1186 on
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,721Free

I gotta say this AS AN ANDERSON FAN and proudly Brazilian ... Anderson is saying a lot of "negative" things that makes me wonder about his confidence towards this fight, honestly. Lately, he is talking too much about the whole thing of "winning or lose blah blah blah" which makes me kinda nervous.

I know A LOT OF YOU WILL HATE ME FOR THIS but this whole thing (fight) is looking like a Weidman vs Anderson 2 on new years weekend and a bunch of $$$ into Silvas pocket PLUS the mega PPV sale. Sorry.

Retiring as the champ (no matter if he gotta get that belt back or not) and the record of title defenses that he already has beat is good enough for Anderson right now and I really think all he gonna do from now on is chase the $$$ as you and me would do the same IF YOU WERE ON HIS SHOES.

On the other hand, we are talking about a mind game master who might be building up Weidmans confidence towards this fight and maybe that will be Weidmans downfall ??

I believe all this talk over the past week was from one interview. I wouldn't be worried about it.
  • RedheadwonderRedheadwonder Posts: 10Free

... on the other hand, part of me says we gonna watch a replay of Anderson vs Maia with Anderson taunting him around, calling him to fight, dancing, etc, etc ...

i hope so, that would prove once and for all that no one can ufck with the spider!

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,875Free

i hope so, that would prove once and for all that no one can ufck with the spider!

I don't want to see a repeat of the Maia performance.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • SolidStateLogicSolidStateLogic Posts: 4,181Free
    Some people are so dumb, do people seriously think that Weidman is going to win? lol
    Overeem - Hari - Spong - Daley - Hardy - Manhoef - A. Silva - Rutten - Diaz Bros
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,949Free
    Sorry bro but even Silva isn't immune to the Shube curse. This one is all but over.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• CoreyAustCoreyAust Posts: 235Free
    Silva knows his going to win.. His just being respectful
    Lyoto Machida, Robert Whittaker, Junior dos Santos, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Mark Hunt, Dylan Andrews, Vitor Belfort, Jose Aldo, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Matt Brown, BJ Penn.
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,585Free
    CoreyAust said:

Silva knows his going to win.. His just being respectful

Yeah, he's always like this... Humble and Hespectful. In the Cage, when u blink at the wrong moment, it's a wrap!

• CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free
    Remember that one time that everyone said Silva was finally gonna lose, and it HAPPENED?

Me neither

Last time Silva lost, he didn't have haters. Last time he lost, there were not Sonnen or Weidman fans
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Silva knows he's blessed with his success, but he's just stating his awareness that he's human and there are more important things in life as well his own personal life.

Can't fight forever
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,215Free
    edited June 2013
    I don't think it's lack of motivation or a lack of confidence. It's part PR, part psychological tactics and part truth.

PR

If Andy loses, he loses. He will do his best and that's all that matters. That's a good example and one that i respect. If you give it your all you win regardless.

Let the psychological mind games begin

Does Chris think...you know that Andy's not such a bad guy? Does he get a little more confident and lose a little fire in training knowing Silva is giving him full respect almost sounding like he's conceding? Does he feel like he can open up a little more on Andy during the fight? Is he putting himself in uncomfortable spots in his training and conditioning? Basically does Andy feed Chris's ego to the detriment of his training both physically, tactically and psychologically? Anderson up +1 baiting the trap then at the at the weigh-ins he'll go straight into Intimidation mode then Weidman will ask himself wow maybe he doesn't respect me. He sure seemed confident there. Then he starts questioning himself. Am i good enough? Did i do all that i could to prepare wisely? Did i push myself hard enough?

Then ego tells him of course you are ready and you're going to go out and prove it. So Weidman is going out there with a chip on his shoulder with something to prove which is not being relaxed, in the moment and focused like he needs to be and this is exactly what a spider possum opportunist like Anderson wants. He wants to multiply all the anticipation, the building anxiety to draining him mentally and put him in a mindset i need to go out there and smash this guy which is the complete opposite strategy and mental state he needs to be in to perform at his best.

The Truth
    Anderson knows he can lose, always has, always will. He just doesn't believe it will be to Chris but if it happens who doesn't want to come home in one piece.

Post edited by StompGrind on