Edgar vs Oliveira

whooserdaddywhooserdaddy Posts: 3Free
Ok, if Im looking at this wrong, let me know. Why is Oliveira in the Co main event when he got seriously knocked out by swanson while swanson is looking to be the first main card fight?
Tagged:

Comments

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    His fights are dynamic as hail. Him and Frankie match up good and are at about the same momenteum level. Oliveira also hurt his knee right b4 going into the Swanson fight, no excuse for the overall results, but the UFC may of appreciated that in some way while Joe liked the match up
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • whooserdaddywhooserdaddy Posts: 3Free
    Gotcha. Being it's the only fight I've seen Oliveira in might have impacted me like that. Tks.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,363Free
    The reason is because Frankie has a bigger name than the rest of the FW's on the card.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• GSP_over_SilvaGSP_over_Silva Posts: 12,185Free
    This should be the main event.
    Believe in Beard
  • prozacnationprozacnation Posts: 863Ultimate
    cause Frankie needs a win and ufc didn't wanna match him up against zombie or lamas or cub
    Ufc events I have been too

76, 79,86,90,92,95,100,102,104,108,114,118,121,125,130 , 135, 137, 139

Versus 2, 145,146,148, fox 4, 155, 156, 157, 160 162,166, 168, 171

Up next 173 and 175 vegas

151 dead !!! Thank you ufc
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,651Free
    He's in the co-main event because he's fighting Frankie Edgar, the LW GOAT
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,591Free
    I Like Edgar as a fighter... but i hope do bronx wins!!!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,335Free
    EdGOAT via br00talc0re knockout
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,357Free
    cub swanson would hand edgar's fourth loss in a row so they gave him charles

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

I think Oliveira is going to win

His feints, movement and speed matches Edgars, plus his hands is just as good (reach in his favor) with all other limbs (kicks especially) going to Oliveira.

Despite the wrestling, Oliveira's ground game is the slickest and most nimble of all in the UFC. He has the most dangerous and active guard I can think of in the UFC ever. It takes almost 4 seconds tops to establish offense right after a TD.

I don't want to see either lose, but I like Oliveria chances and would like to see him pull it off. Edgar did put Gray away with punches and has some power (good slams too), but I'd have to see him literally KO Oliveira to believe he will do it
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Keem said:

His feints, movement and speed matches Edgars, plus his hands is just as good (reach in his favor) with all other limbs (kicks especially) going to Oliveira.

Despite the wrestling, Oliveira's ground game is the slickest and most nimble of all in the UFC. He has the most dangerous and active guard I can think of in the UFC ever. It takes almost 4 seconds tops to establish offense right after a TD.

I don't want to see either lose, but I like Oliveria chances and would like to see him pull it off. Edgar did put Gray away with punches and has some power (good slams too), but I'd have to see him literally KO Oliveira to believe he will do it

Edgar has the best shadow boxing in the world and his "footwork" is top notch

Oliveira stands no chance, his shadow is gunna get ko'd
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edited June 2013

Keem said:

I'm skeptical

Oliveira is a faster starter and Edgar needs to get hit to wake up

Check out all of Oliveira's fights. His footwork and feints are very active. Frankie's not just gonna pick him apart
    Post edited by Keem on

Megumi Fuji

Keem said:

Keem said:

I'm skeptical

Oliveira is a faster starter and Edgar needs to get hit to wake up

Check out all of Oliveira's fights. His footwork and feints are very active. Frankie's not just gonna pick him apart
    He doesn't have to

He just has to punch the air a couple times and he will win the decision

• RodrigoRuaRodrigoRua Posts: 2,422Free
    I think Edgard vs Oliveira will be sick !!! Got the huge potential of fight of the year to be honest.

I just don't get why ppl think this would be such an easy fight for Edgard. Charles got a crazy bjj, reach advantage, cardio as well, quick moves and go for it.

I still think Edgard will win but this will be sick !
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,363Free
    Edgar will win a decision.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,816Free
    Who gives a ****?

The only good thing that can come from that fight is if Oliveira gets a lucky sub
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • BAMfreddrickBAMfreddrick Somewhere in AlbertaPosts: 4,949Free
    WarWest said:

Who gives a ****?

The only good thing that can come from that fight is if Oliveira gets a lucky sub

Pretty much.