UFC fighters you always want to win... and lose at the same time.

najmanajma Posts: 2,020Free
Anderson Silva:
...to win - his wins are spectacular and I'm a fan of his reign.
...to lose - he is **** in the octagon. I hated when he grabbed and pulled Sonnen's trunks to punch him. That was despicable as are most of his other antics. He deserves getting beaten up the moment he pulls [pun intended] one of those.

Overeem:
...to win - he can be spectacular in the octagon and I'd like him to fight for the belt, even if he gets squashed by Cain or JDS ('cause that'd be cool to see)
...to lose - too much cockiness and arrogance from a guy who has no cardio and no chin. It's always nice to see a muscular guy who thinks those muscle are key to success lose.

GSP:
...to win - he's a great personality and a role model martial artist and champion.
...to lose - well... you know... he keeps the fights too safe and doesn't go for the kill even if he has opportunities.

JDS:
...to win - he's a great person.
...to lose - I want him to get exposed for being 1-dimensional by relying only on boxing.

Comments

• the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,039Premium
    grabbing shorts only creates an advantage in a grappling situation. Anderson used it to throw punches. Chael could easily clinch up and avoid the strikes because of it. He broke the rules sure, but he ddidn't really gain any kind of advantage from doing it. This is why I don't like the legal system too. Laws are rigid, and sometimes a cop should think of what's morally appropriate when enforcing law.

TBH, there's nobody who I'm a fan of who I want to see lose. And nobody I dislike I want to see win. Everyone I'm indifferent to... well I don't care if they win or lose lol.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free

grabbing shorts only creates an advantage in a grappling situation. Anderson used it to throw punches. Chael could easily clinch up and avoid the strikes because of it. He broke the rules sure, but he ddidn't really gain any kind of advantage from doing it. This is why I don't like the legal system too. Laws are rigid, and sometimes a cop should think of what's morally appropriate when enforcing law.

TBH, there's nobody who I'm a fan of who I want to see lose. And nobody I dislike I want to see win. Everyone I'm indifferent to... well I don't care if they win or lose lol.

if your trying to make space like sonnen was it's a huge disadvantage, even more so against the best striker in mma.
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,020Free

grabbing shorts only creates an advantage in a grappling situation.

Right....

534535_10151084198976265_4152057_n[1].jpg
    792 x 521 - 65K
  • CoreyAustCoreyAust Posts: 233Free
    You may as well of said Anderson Silva is 1 dimensional for only relying on his striking
    Lyoto Machida, Robert Whittaker, Junior dos Santos, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Mark Hunt, Dylan Andrews, Vitor Belfort, Jose Aldo, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Matt Brown, BJ Penn.
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,485Free
    CoreyAust said:

You may as well of said Anderson Silva is 1 dimensional for only relying on his striking

How many sub wins does Silva have?...how many does JDS have?

Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
    edited June 2013
    Gabri1985 said:

if your trying to make space like sonnen was it's a huge disadvantage, even more so against the best striker in mma.
    that's cos chael panicked, and sucks. (compared to Anderson)
    Post edited by the_enigma on

imageimage
    edited June 2013
    najma said:

Right....

see, look how wide open anderson's defense is, and where Chael's fists are. If Chael had any kind of boxing skill he'd have exploited that situation.
    Post edited by the_enigma on

imageimage
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,647Free
    TUF1_ said:

najma said:

JDS:
    ...to lose - I want him to get exposed for being 1-dimensional by relying only on boxing.

Full retard..... engaged

Lmfao
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    Anderson Silva

He is the most entertaining fighter to see shine. He's amazing, out of this world.

NOW

I have mixed feelings about him as a person, he's funny and entertaining but sometimes he's also "fake humble". He claims to be respectful and asks for respect all the time but he can be a real jerk at times
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,193Free
    Rashad
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,150Free
    edited June 2013

Not really. Chael couldn't have easily clinched because Anderson wasn't really pulling the shorts he was more stiff arming and gripping them holding on for the ride. It was basically like a measuring thing and obstruction post to keep Chael locked in place at the same distance between them. It all happened very quickly but Chael did have an oppurtunity to tee off.

So there was a slight advantage there in that Chael couldn't close distance or really get away quickly because of the grip. However he damn sure could have just started teeing off with punches and or follow-up elbow and for sure Anderson would let go so there was a disadvantage there as well.
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • liquid2metalliquid2metal Posts: 306Free
    Low kicks from the clinch also work.
    Anderson would've won either way.
    2nd fight, Andy was literally stifling 90% of chaels offense in the ground.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our Fedor in heaven, hallowed be your sambo, your combos come. Your Kimora be done on the street, as it is in the ring. Give us today our daily sparring, and forgive us the overtraining we have done as we forgive those who knock us out. Subject us not to the trial but deliver us from Werdum. Remember that Fedor got triangled for your sins...

- Fedor - Roy Nelson - Lyoto Machida - Glover Texeira - Chael Sonnen - Nick Diaz - Carlos Condit -
    - Tarec Saffiedine - Nate Diaz - Gilbert Melendez - Frankie Edgar - Anthony Pettis - Ricardo Lamas -

Train by day, piss-off Shannon & Pack by night! All day!
  • liquid2metalliquid2metal Posts: 306Free

all that talk, and i still don't know Anderson's blood color

Haha WORD!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our Fedor in heaven, hallowed be your sambo, your combos come. Your Kimora be done on the street, as it is in the ring. Give us today our daily sparring, and forgive us the overtraining we have done as we forgive those who knock us out. Subject us not to the trial but deliver us from Werdum. Remember that Fedor got triangled for your sins...

- Fedor - Roy Nelson - Lyoto Machida - Glover Texeira - Chael Sonnen - Nick Diaz - Carlos Condit -
    - Tarec Saffiedine - Nate Diaz - Gilbert Melendez - Frankie Edgar - Anthony Pettis - Ricardo Lamas -

Train by day, piss-off Shannon & Pack by night! All day!
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,150Free

all that talk, and i still don't know Anderson's blood color

Anderson bleeds hespect.
  • DarksjeikDarksjeik Posts: 2,245Free
    edited June 2013
    GSP. I want both Silva and GSP to remain champions because I still believe in that superfight. On the flipside if GSP loses, it's back to 3 round fights for him and I think a GSP in a 3 round fight is a different animal and I'd like to see that.

That said I believe Both Silva and GSP will lose their next fight. Weidman will overpower Silva and something is off with GSP. He's not the same anymore..
    Post edited by Darksjeik on

• BobmysterBobmyster Posts: 2,675Free
    Josh kos!
    *Michael Bisping Defence Force Co-Founder*

• MrBisonMrBison Posts: 553Free
    GSP
    To win: He's a great guy and very respectful of his opponents. In my opinion the most versatile mma fighter out there. Also the amount of butthurt on this forum when he wins is just epic.
    To lose: Well lets be honest his fights have been a bit boring of late..

• MrBisonMrBison Posts: 553Free

Rashad

Let me guess:

To Lose: Because he is a boring cocky fighter.

To Win: Because he's black. :P
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,924Free
    najma said:

Anderson Silva:
    ...to win - his wins are spectacular and I'm a fan of his reign.
    ...to lose - he is **** in the octagon. I hated when he grabbed and pulled Sonnen's trunks to punch him. That was despicable as are most of his other antics. He deserves getting beaten up the moment he pulls [pun intended] one of those.

Overeem:
    ...to win - he can be spectacular in the octagon and I'd like him to fight for the belt, even if he gets squashed by Cain or JDS ('cause that'd be cool to see)
    ...to lose - too much cockiness and arrogance from a guy who has no cardio and no chin. It's always nice to see a muscular guy who thinks those muscle are key to success lose.

GSP:
    ...to win - he's a great personality and a role model martial artist and champion.
    ...to lose - well... you know... he keeps the fights too safe and doesn't go for the kill even if he has opportunities.

JDS:

The holding of the shorts along with the knee to the stomach was a very smartly placed diversion from the obvious rig of a fight it was. Its a very common tactic. You are looking at the rock in one hand but not seeing the knife they have in the othee hand.
  • BanduraBandura Posts: 1,453Free
    I don't get the Reem hate, at least he's pretty chilled out about being a d-bag. It's like Bisping on vicadin

All hail the Dark sith ruler, Darth Shubeous!
  • _Spartan_Spartan Posts: 383Free
    najma said:

Right....

lol