Why does GSP get such abuse for lack of finishes, but Bendo gets a free pass?

SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
Just wondering why GSP is constantly insulted for a lack of finishes and mocked and insulted...while ppl just talk about Bendo's lack of finishes in a matter-of-fact way. Kinda annoying how people always hate on GSP, but give other ppl a break for the same thing

Comments

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    Ameriman said:

He doesn't.

are you serious? GSP has been insulted so much more vehemently and mockingly than Bendo...when ppl talk about bendo's lack of finish it's just a quick fact thrown out...people have been harassing GSP about his lack of finishes so bad that u almost forget he's the best WW in history

I think it might be that Ben's fights are usually exciting and have action in them. It makes sense people prefer that over a 25 minute cavity search of his opponents aynal glands.

true dat...his fights have been more exciting for the most part lately. still, wouldn't you think people mention that GSP's fights are boring moreso than they mention his lack of finishes? there are plenty of fighters out there that have less finishes than GSP and that have fought far worse opponents
  • AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,068Free
    Sisti said:

Ameriman said:

He doesn't.

are you serious? GSP has been insulted so much more vehemently and mockingly than Bendo...when ppl talk about bendo's lack of finish it's just a quick fact thrown out...people have been harassing GSP about his lack of finishes so bad that u almost forget he's the best WW in history
    That's because GSP has a crazy streak of decisions as champion and Bendo hasn't been champ as long.

I see people **** on Bendo all over the web.
    Boston threw me a god damn beating. DOOMGOAT REIGNS SUPREME
  • liquid2metalliquid2metal Posts: 306Free
    GSP > Bendo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our Fedor in heaven, hallowed be your sambo, your combos come. Your Kimora be done on the street, as it is in the ring. Give us today our daily sparring, and forgive us the overtraining we have done as we forgive those who knock us out. Subject us not to the trial but deliver us from Werdum. Remember that Fedor got triangled for your sins...

- Fedor - Roy Nelson - Lyoto Machida - Glover Texeira - Chael Sonnen - Nick Diaz - Carlos Condit -
    - Tarec Saffiedine - Nate Diaz - Gilbert Melendez - Frankie Edgar - Anthony Pettis - Ricardo Lamas -

Train by day, piss-off Shannon & Pack by night! All day!
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Anyone who hates on either is a hater

Winning > Losing
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    Well first I like to see both fight but I am a bigger can of Bendo

His gets blame aswell but not as much as GSP and he should not

His fights are more entertaining for the most part

He try's to finish harder then GSP

The last fight I felt GSP tried to end was the Hardy fight (ill give him a pass in the Alvez fight...no one can try hard for the finish with a torn groin)

He has a smaller streak as champ then GSP who has few years head start
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
    BruteDion said:

The last fight I felt GSP tried to end was the Hardy fight (ill give him a pass in the Alvez fight...no one can try hard for the finish with a torn groin)

for some reason this response makes the most sense. bendo's fights are more entertaining, and he does go for the finish more. still i'd like to see more fairness, and people realizing that there are a lot of fighters in the UFC that fight just as safe or safer than GSP. not like he invented the idea of utilizing ur best skill to win a match. in gsp's case it's wrestling, but for strikers their best chance is a KO and that's why they get more of them. if GSP's strength was striking, he would do that to get an advantage and there'd be way more KO's
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,564Free
    Diaz said he hits like a Girl... maybe that's why :))
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    Bendo's fights are way more exciting, intense, and action packed as opposed to GSPs Kindergarten Nap Time sponsored by some random energy drink, contradicting huh?

On a serious note however, I think a lot of it has to do with GSPs "cowardly" approach so to speak. He is very cautious about everything he does in the octagon and about which fights he takes. Whereas Bendo, he acts like a hoodrat from Compton when he fights, he doesn't give a ****. What's that? A sub attempt? Let me do the splits while defending the sub and land some punches.

Seriously, who does that?
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • MrBisonMrBison Posts: 554Free
    People just don't care as much about Bendo.. IMO his fights are more boring than GSP's they just have less hype. I just hope he gets beat up by TJ. Also Bendo is soooooo lucky with his decision wins, even back in WEC he robbed Cerrone big time.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,220Free
    Bendo's fights are a lot more exciting.

Not finishing isn't the only reason GSP get's critisized.
    Cheating
    Greasing
    Not making weight.

Those are just a few others.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,240Free
    Bendo is a noob compared to GSP in boring fights

Bendo has only been doing it for a small amount of time, he will get to GSP's level eventually
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    Well the edgar/Melendez dec. were close agree... but Miller for an example is a beast and Bendo dominated him like never seen b4, just like Guida and Bocek(Cerrone)! Before his loss to showtime, Bendo finished 2 high level guys... Cerrone and Varner and he finished shane roller and Njokuani, so GSP isn't even close to Bendo's finishing ability!!!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,240Free
    TUF1_ said:

Bendo has only been doing it for a small amount of time, he will get to GSP's level eventually

so your picking Bendo over TJ now. Fake fan
    lol

no I'm not

And I'm not a fan of either
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner

TUF1_ said:

so your picking Bendo over TJ now. Fake fan
    lol

no I'm not

And I'm not a fan of either
    ya right...ur a huge fan of them both...I always hear you calling them names such as benpage and tj grangoat
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    Sisti said:

BruteDion said:

for some reason this response makes the most sense. bendo's fights are more entertaining, and he does go for the finish more. still i'd like to see more fairness, and people realizing that there are a lot of fighters in the UFC that fight just as safe or safer than GSP. not like he invented the idea of utilizing ur best skill to win a match. in gsp's case it's wrestling, but for strikers their best chance is a KO and that's why they get more of them. if GSP's strength was striking, he would do that to get an advantage and there'd be way more KO's
    Cuz I'm not baised or a hater that's why it makes sence lol

And to me thier is nothing wrong with fighting safe...that's one half of the point of striking "hit without getting hit" many famous strikers have said this with Ernesto Hoost being one of them and everyone know knows him loves him

To me a lot of guys fight safe...if Thiago Alves fought Maia and just struck with Maia then that would be fighting safe aswell...people have no idea what fighting safe really is...it's being your plan without the risk of doing the other guys plan

Many fighter do this...and guess what, it's the best fighter that do this
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,547Free
    It's gotta be the hair...
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• IdentityIdentity Posts: 6,892Free
    Will not watch Bendo

Til Melendez is recognized as the true champ
  • DoobsterDoobster Posts: 2,096Free
    Keem said:

Winning > Losing

I disagree, but I also agree with your logic.

Anyone who is a hater will obviously, hate.

that's like saying anyone who is conscious is awake.
    "It's either blue cheese with wings or go **** your mother." -- MadFlavor
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Doobster said:

Keem said:

Winning > Losing

I disagree, but I also agree with your logic.

Anyone who is a hater will obviously, hate.

that's like saying anyone who is conscious is awake.
    I meant it more towards people OP was refering to (people on here)

Winning isnt always better than losing in some cases
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,707Free
    GSP gets bashed for much more than not finishing

Simple answer:

Bendo's fights are exciting, GSP's are not
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    edited July 2013
    Let me start off by saying that I don't like either fighter. However, there is a big difference between the two as it pertains to their inability to finish. Bendo doesn't finish because he has competitive fights and seems to lack the skills to seal the deal even though he tries. In contrast, GSP is preoccupied with gaining and maintaining position. In other words, he point fights. Fighters that would be a fair comparison to GSP would be Fitch, Shields, Edgar, Sylvia, and Cruz.
    Post edited by waikru on
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

Sisti said:
    btw, i like your threads. but not as much as i like mocking you for them
    lol I take it as appreciation for the soon to be new English word of sisting - creating a thread online more for the fun of creating a thread than anything substantial
    Man GSP is P4P fighter....

P4P = Point 4 Point fighter, deal with it!!!

• JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free
    Compared to GSP nobody really cares about Bendo. That's why

Same reason nobody cares that Chael lays on everybody and is boring to watch. They only care about his mouth.

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,196Free
    Ha! He gets nearly as much criticism as George but he has a few things going for him that George doesn't.

Benson actually does try to finish when he can. He won't pass up good positions or a striking oppurtunity to play if safe.
    Benson doesn't miss weight or grease.
    Benson isn't fake. He's pretty open and honest about who he is and doesn't fear being asked question about his fighting or who he is as a person.