When should Anderson Silva retire?

SistiSisti Posts: 5,315Free
I was watching the new clip on UFC's main page of an interview with Silva and it got me thinking...when should he retire?

I don't want to see the same thing happen to him that happened to so many legends (Liddell, Wanderlei, Hughes, Fedor, etc.), which is to go out on a few losses or on a bad KO loss.

Anderson is one of the last guys MMA has that is almost universally loved and still has his mystique as an amazing, seemingly unbeatable fighter in tact. We know how combat sports and that the old guy can't stay on top forever. He really doesn't have anything else to prove, and really just has so much to lose at this point.

I know that there's so much money and interest in every single one of his fights, but I personally think he should just fight about 2 or 3 more fights

Comments

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p MichiganPosts: 10,519Free
    Probably after Brad Tavares sleeps him and gives him brain damage.

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 39,094Free
    Weidman (win)

Vitor (loss)

Lose and retire after passing the torch to Jesuspage
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • PoloPolo Posts: 12,359Free

Weidman (win)

Vitor (loss)

I'd love to see Vitor win the title but so many people would discredit his accomplishment due to TrT.

Daniel Cormier turns fans into retards.
    Av bet with PunchCan on the Overeem/Rothwell fight.

PoloRidah said:

Weidman (win)

Vitor (loss)

I'd love to see Vitor win the title but so many people would discredit his accomplishment due to TrT.

Not many people, just some of the hardcore fans

The mainstream wouldn't even know, just like the hardcore doesn't know that Anderson is indeed on some sort of supplement(you can't be 37 and a professional athlete naturally)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,564Free
    As soon as he realizes there is nothing left for him in MMA.

• Homie^ColeHomie^Cole The Wrong Side of The BedPosts: 5,876Free

PoloRidah said:

Weidman (win)

Vitor (loss)

The mainstream wouldn't even know, just like the hardcore doesn't know that Anderson is indeed on some sort of supplement(you can't be 37 and a professional athlete naturally)
    you do know people age differently, right?
    No that's impossible. Everyone is the same, and what happens to you happens to me. It is known. It is known.
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 2,065Free
    ONLY after he moves up to LHW and claims the title there (he will wait till JBJ goes to HW of course).....he is so good it should not be a problem for him, no?
  • BlackBaronBlackBaron Posts: 891Free
    Universally loved? That is very innaccurate. He's more so universally respected, but seen as an arrogant, pompous, disrespectful fighter. Actions speak for themselves, and Silva has ruined fights and events, example Abu Dhabi. He's hit guys in the weigh in, example shoulder smashing chael's face, using a mask to hit vitor back.
    Silva's a coward, and has had a free ride fighting so many cans, I can't even count.
    He's got maybe 5 wins against quality opponents in 16 fights.... That's pretty sad...
  • trez1336trez1336 Posts: 719Free
    He should retire when he is no longer himself in the cage, I don't want to watch Anderson slowly deteriorate in the cage like we have seen happen to Wandy, Shogun, Cro Cop, Fedor ect, Id like to see Anderson have 2-3 more fights (including Weidman) with one of them being Bones or GSP
  • CoreyAustCoreyAust Posts: 260Free
    Whenever he wants
    Lyoto Machida, Robert Whittaker, Junior dos Santos, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Mark Hunt, Dylan Andrews, Vitor Belfort, Jose Aldo, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Matt Brown, BJ Penn.

PoloRidah said:

Weidman (win)

Vitor (loss)

you do know people age differently, right?
    So he has more test than the average man?

That's even worse than TRT, TRT just brings you to the level of a normal man

If Anderson naturally has more, than his advantage is even more and definitely unfair

He should go on TLT therapy, Testosterone Loss Therapy, so his levels are the same as the average man

• UFC_FORUM_GOATUFC_FORUM_GOAT Posts: 27Free
    Never he will retire until he loses the belt, which obviously will never happen so he will fight until he is 63 when he dies from heart complications from being too much of a badass.
    P4P best fighters

1. Anderson Silva
    2. Jon Jones
    3. GSP
    4. Michael McDonald
    5. Roy Nelson
  • Homie^ColeHomie^Cole The Wrong Side of The BedPosts: 5,876Free

Universally loved? That is very innaccurate. He's more so universally respected, but seen as an arrogant, pompous, disrespectful fighter. Actions speak for themselves, and Silva has ruined fights and events, example Abu Dhabi. He's hit guys in the weigh in, example shoulder smashing chael's face, using a mask to hit vitor back.
    Silva's a coward, and has had a free ride fighting so many cans, I can't even count.
    He's got maybe 5 wins against quality opponents in 16 fights.... That's pretty sad...

You're delusional.
  • HellequinHellequin Posts: 4,715Free
    Anderson should retire when he no longer wants to fight.

Also off topic, but Sisti are you zaksame?
  • HellequinHellequin Posts: 4,715Free

Hellequin said:

if anyone here is zaksame it's Beanslegend

they've one thing in common: i never read their comments
    Idk I feel like it is someone a bit less obvious and something about sisti set off my spidy senses. :>
  • verJJverJJ Posts: 4,001Free
    after Mousasi, Larkin and gsp
    Wrist deep in your Grandma's cookie jar

Bet Record: 23-4, 1NC

• BlackBaronBlackBaron Posts: 891Free
    Canderson Silva needs to retire, so that the worst division in all of MMA, 185, can try and find itself.
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,315Free

Hellequin said:

carnages is zaksame
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,315Free
    Hellequin said:

Hellequin said:

Idk I feel like it is someone a bit less obvious and something about sisti set off my spidy senses. :>
    that's something zaksame would say
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,649Free
    He should have already retired.
    On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

• Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    edited September 2013
    After December when weidman finishes him brutally again there will be no hype left for him regarding superfights so probably then. Best case scenario for silva is he fakes an injury for the weidman rematch a month before hand so it doesn't get rescheduled and then try to get 1 or 2 big money fights with vitor, bisping, or chael 3 and then retire win or lose.
    Post edited by Weidman_the_GOAT on

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • PakaLPakaL GlitniRPosts: 5,518Elite
    After WEIDMAN knocks 10 more I.Q points out his head...
    HanDGuN kungFOO mixxed with AK karate(KiLLuminatti)

Belfort~EL GuapO~GraciE~The Truth

Nemesis2Few^inspiration2many~Veni~Vidi~Vici~

Weidman,Moraga,Scareface,MauleR,Skyscraper&HondA HouseY all inspiring.

Chuck~GSP~norriS
    Jon 12 gauge Jones ... the liberal heart breaker lol
    KingzombiE`aka`StundonG 2 Strong
    The Notorious Conor Mcgregor ='s MMA's 2pac
    Forseti the gr8
    Animated Gifs Animated Gifs

"@TeemuSelanne, I'm sorry man. I did learn in school that it's not nice to pick on the handicapped, but I did not learn what to do if they try to punch me.I had to body him." ~cashflow 2014 X
    "LoL is dota for retarded children." ~TeemuSelanne 2014 X

"Pakal, homie. J.J. destroyed all your heroes, you need that deep introspection to discover the root of your hurt feels. You live in the mid west, correct? I know a rare introspectionist who only has one cousin she's ****. I know that is rare for your part of the country, but that's what makes this introspectionist so special. I'll pm you her number homie. " cole1186 2014 X

"I watch all the fights so that isn't a solid argument directed at me." poloGOAT 2014

"Am I in the bunny ranch click?" ~manhoef 2014

"I would recruit cole into the bunny ranch click, but Conor MCgoat already made him grab a belt loop." ~PAKAL 2014

"K I'll need your address, phone number, and credit card info to book a flight. I'll reimburse you after I hand you down jur proper beating." ~Homie^Cole 2014

Enemy ambushed & destroyed tally X X X
    Times ambushed 0
    After he gets cut from the UFC and has a superfight with Rampage in Bellator

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,390Free
    Silva is only in it for the money ,his ego is so big,he would never acknowledge another fighter in his weight class unless he was Brasil or his friend.
    That means he should retire after this 10 fight contract is up,he will have all the money he needs and can quit telling us how he respects the UFC more than the fighters just because the UFC makes his family rich.
    It actually seems to be a VERY common trend among Brasil fighters,they always like to blame their own lame personality on OTHER fighters disrespecting them,you hear it a lot.Silva even made up some BS disrespect thing about Maia as well,used that for an excuse to the way he acted and fought that fight.That was the only time Dana refused to put on a belt,that is how much of an idiot Silva was and that is the TRUE Silva a total ****.
    BTW i don't hate Silva at all,i just tell it as it is,his personality if full of disrespect towards other fighters.Then you see a guy like GSP who pretty much likes all his opponents and respects all of them.You will NEVER hear GSP talk or act like Silva.

That is why he needs to retire as soon as his contract is up,which is about 4-5 years away,this type of fighter does not belong in MMA,he belongs in boxing where they hate and disrespect all opponents.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,067Free
    if he gets ko'd or tko'd by Weidman again, he should retire. 2 ko in a row at 38 yrs old is enough if you don't wanna end up with a speech impediment. And anyways, at this point in his career, we all know what 2 stoppage losses lead to. It just leads to more stoppage losses.
  • c_pumphreyc_pumphrey Posts: 929Free
    Be will retire when his contract his up will be a sad day
    in MMA