Was Weidman's win over munoz more because of Weidman or because of Munoz not being at his best?

SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
not sisting...serious question

Comments

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,220Free
    Combination of both.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,240Free
    Mainly because Munoz was the bigger can of the two.......both cans, but Munoz the bigger one
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,489Free
    A little if both but I feel it was due to Munoz not being at his best for the most part

Every fighter has bad nights but its even harder when ur just plain not at ur best for the fight

Munoz is a great wrestler and yet in that fight he looked like he could not even take down A.Silva if he needed lol

But Weidman should get some credit to...that was a perfect times and perfect places standing elbow for that situation

Weidman had a good camp and fought his best...he should get credit for that

But if they fought again with Munoz at his best I think Weidman may win again but it would be a UD with Munoz winning adleast a round or maybe even make it a bit controversial
    Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
    Regardless of what anyone says, it wasn't Weidman's fault that Munoz showed up to that fight out of shape and not prepared.

You can't take credit away from Weidman for it.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

Munoz wasn't able to do his classic "grab knee and get hammerfisted" technique
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,804Free
    combination of both which diminishes weidmans credibility going into the silva fight, he really doesnt have a chance.
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Mainly because Munoz was the bigger can of the two.......both cans, but Munoz the bigger one

how old are you???? Weidman is 9-0 and he's a can???

none of them are cans. they train all day long, and they are both talented. will they ever be champs? maybe not, but that dosn't make you a can.

in your world the only good fighter is the champs in each division, and the rest are cans, right?

**** i hate stupid people!. show some respect for the fighters.

yeah there are some who isnt good enough for the ufc, but even they are okay fighters, and would beat your **** 100/1000....

Mainly because Munoz was the bigger can of the two.......both cans, but Munoz the bigger one

none of them are cans. they train all day long, and they are both talented. will they ever be champs? maybe not, but that dosn't make you a can.

in your world the only good fighter is the champs in each division, and the rest are cans, right?

yeah there are some who isnt good enough for the ufc, but even they are okay fighters, and would beat your **** 100/1000....

Thee are ****ing cans

I'm sorry that your favourite fighters are cans, but you are just going to have to accept it one day

• chonschons Posts: 3,366Free
    Like most others have said, a combo of both. Though, if you watch the fight, Weidman did next to nothing with his TDs, it's a rather pathetic fight for both once the fight gets to the ground. He definitely did not deserve a shot at the GOAT with that performance IMO, they should have just let Vitor christ smash him first.
    The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds reptiles of the mind.

• FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,044Free
    PoloRidah said:

Regardless of what anyone says, it wasn't Weidman's fault that Munoz showed up to that fight out of shape and not prepared.

You can't take credit away from Weidman for it.

Its not a matter of taking anything away from him its a matter of objectively looking at his performances and try to determine what's his true caliber. He fought another promising fighter that too was pretty much untested and it seemed like this other fighter wasn't at his best. And that's his most important win.. so it seems kinda appropriate to consider this in the equation.
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 9,957Free
    Munoz looked like he couldnt train for a year.

A 100% un shape and focused PWM demolished WeidCAN 10/10
  • OmahaOutcastOmahaOutcast Posts: 281Free
    Munoz would win in the rematch because he trains with Ellenpage. nuff said.
    Jake Ellenberger > GSP

Robbie Lawler = GOAT

Scott Jorgensen #1 favorite bantamweight
  • _Spartan_Spartan Posts: 383Free
    edited July 2013
    munoz was at his best, munoz broke his foot in the fight, The fact he lost, he broke his foot and was unable to train and he and his wife got ina car accident is the reason he went into depresion all this was post weidman fight, remember the weidman fight was 1 year ago
    Post edited by _Spartan on
  • Mainly because Munoz was the bigger can of the two.......both cans, but Munoz the bigger one

Thee are ****ing cans

I'm sorry that your favourite fighters are cans, but you are just going to have to accept it one day

i dont like any of them, but i do respect fighters that give up all to train all day, every day..

can you name 20 fighters in the ufc, you dont think is a can????

Thee are ****ing cans

i dont like any of them, but i do respect fighters that give up all to train all day, every day..

of course

RamGOAT
    Mighty GOAT
    edGOAT
    Papy aGOATee
    GOATime
    KonGOAT
    Whitepage
    Jesuspage
    WonderPage
    Showpage
    Black Tito
    Mini Rampage
    Ravpage BerGOAT

Thee are ****ing cans

of course

RamGOAT
    Mighty GOAT
    edGOAT
    Papy aGOATee
    GOATime
    KonGOAT
    Whitepage
    Jesuspage
    WonderPage
    Showpage
    Black Tito
    Mini Rampage
    Ravpage BerGOAT
    That's only 12.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

PoloRidah said:

Thee are ****ing cans

of course

RamGOAT
    Mighty GOAT
    edGOAT
    Papy aGOATee
    GOATime
    KonGOAT
    Whitepage
    Jesuspage
    WonderPage
    Showpage
    Black Tito
    Mini Rampage
    Ravpage BerGOAT
    That's only 12.
    +1

KonGOAT himself counts as 12

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,286Free
    he won because hes better than munoz but he only was that impressive because munoz just came off back/neck surgery, went into training camp weighing 250 pounds and was coming off a long lay off.

been saying that since the fight happened.

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,165Free
    Munoz is overrated imo. He doesn't have the best striking or chin.