Am I the only one who thinks Anderson Silva is not P4P#1?

dirtyNYC17dirtyNYC17 Posts: 412Free
Let me just say why I think this.
To me P4P#1 is the current best fighter out of all the weight divisions.
No doubt Silva has the greatest legacy in the UFC, but I personally think Jones is a better fighter right now

Comments

• dirtyNYC17dirtyNYC17 Posts: 412Free

Anderson Silva: "If I fight Jon Jones, I don't think I'm going to win."
    Nuff said http://www.mmafighting.com/2013/7/1/4484656/anderson-silva-i-dont-think-i-can-defeat-jon-jones

nuff said? you think Anderson Silva being humble justify your stupidity?
    More like being honest. When they asked Chael who he thought was better he said Jones and he seemed to answer sincerely
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,707Free
    Good god, you're the last **** I thought would fall for this troll bait Lmao
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • _Spartan_Spartan Posts: 383Free
    no 99.9% of Canada believes GSP is p4p number 1

let me educate you, you uneducated fool.

rankings are not supposed to be made by "guessing".

you can't just say McGregor is higher than José Aldo on rankings because you guess he would win.

Damn Spartacus why you mad homie? 1st off I am neither a fan of Jones or Silva. 2nd I think Silva isn't the best MMA fighter right now. So if he isn't the best fighter as of today (which is what I think), should he be #1 on P4P? I don't think so but your welcome to share your opinion
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    I actually think Velasquez is number 1 p4p
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    bro
    doyouevenlift.png
    1062 x 816 - 868K
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

NeckCrank said:

bro

Bro I used to before I got a job at MCDS
  • BAMfreddrickBAMfreddrick Somewhere in AlbertaPosts: 4,949Free
    Keem said:

because 10-1 somehow makes you better than 16-0?

• Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 948Free
    edited July 2013
    Jones having a size and reach advantage over most of his opponents doesn't exactly help his P4P argument. Incredible fighter, but has size advantages against most LHW's.

IMO, Cain and Silva both have better cases in the P4P discussion, because they have both fought and beat people much heavier than themselves.

I realize it's not a popular opinion, but I don't think Jones is even the best P4P in his division. Machida being arguably #2 at LHW, despite being a natural MW, has a better P4P resume.
    Post edited by Wanderlei_Rua on
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,875Free
    edited July 2013
    This is straight from Wiki-

It seems on here ideas of what p4p sometimes vary greatly.

"Pound for pound is a term used in combat sports such as boxing[1] or mixed martial arts[2] to describe a fighter's value in relation to fighters of different weight classes. As these fighters do not compete directly judging the best fighter pound for pound is subjective and ratings vary. They may be based on a range of criteria including "quality of opposition", factors such as how exciting the fighter is or how famous they are, or be an attempt to determine who would win if all those ranked were the same size. In boxing, the term was historically associated with fighters such as Benny Leonard and Sugar Ray Robinson who were widely considered to be the most skilled fighters of their day, to distinguish them from the generally more popular (and better compensated) heavyweight champions.[3] Since 1990, The Ring magazine has maintained a pound for pound rank of fighters.[3] ESPN.com has a list for mixed martial artists.[4] Anderson Silva and Floyd Mayweather Jr. are examples of pound-for-pound top-ranked fighters."

not having a stab at anyone it's just sometimes this **** gets out of control real fast.

Post edited by Tahune on
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • UFC_FORUM_GOATUFC_FORUM_GOAT Posts: 27Free
    yes
    P4P best fighters

1. Anderson Silva
    2. Jon Jones
    3. GSP
    4. Michael McDonald
    5. Roy Nelson
  • p4p Anderson is the best . Hype train derailment coming up on sunday . Can see Anderson finishing him with a Spider fatality move!
  • CoreyAustCoreyAust Posts: 235Free

let me educate you, you uneducated fool.

rankings are not supposed to be made by "guessing".

you can't just say McGregor is higher than José Aldo on rankings because you guess he would win.

Damn Spartacus why you mad homie? 1st off I am neither a fan of Jones or Silva. 2nd I think Silva isn't the best MMA fighter right now. So if he isn't the best fighter as of today (which is what I think), should he be #1 on P4P? I don't think so but your welcome to share your opinion
    Reading you say homie and looking at you is laughable
    Lyoto Machida, Robert Whittaker, Junior dos Santos, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Mark Hunt, Dylan Andrews, Vitor Belfort, Jose Aldo, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Matt Brown, BJ Penn.
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,804Free
    silva is p4p 1 he beat 2 guys at lhw and has won fights at ww mw and lhw, he has also never lost in the ufc, has more title fights than any current champ and has won in the most convincing of fashions.

jones ha never fought at a different weight class, hell edgar is a better candidate then jones
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• trez1336trez1336 Posts: 642Free

No doubt Silva has the greatest legacy in the UFC, but I personally think Jones is a better fighter right now

text
    trez1336 said:

Did you make that?
    & I think he's Jones has looked more impressive in his last 5 than Anderson has in his last 5. Of course everyone's going to disagree but I'm just throwing it out there
  • MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,385Free

& I think he's Jones has looked more impressive in his last 5 than Anderson has in his last 5. Of course everyone's going to disagree but I'm just throwing it out there

For argument's sake, who do you believe dispatched Vitor Belfort in a more impressive fashion?
    Member of the People's Freedom Movement

• classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,820Free
    PATSTER said:

Is Jones undefeated in the UFC? No. That's what I thought.

Yes
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,820Free
    Megasoup said:

For argument's sake, who do you believe dispatched Vitor Belfort in a more impressive fashion?
    Jones fought the TRT Belfort. I compare the middleweight Belfort that Silva beat to the middleweight Hendo that Shields beat.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    I tend to agree...at least, I think that it shouldn't be so universal

I think that Jon Jones has fought way more often and in a much harder division recently and it should be him at the 1 spot, or at least he should be in more people's number 1 spot. Until Jones faces a serious challenge it's hard to not put him at 1
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free

Keem said:

He smashes dudes 20+ pounds heavier than him
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,240Free
    edited July 2013

Keem said:

Cain has beaten legends like JDS and KonGOAT

Anderson built his legacy upon math teachers and LHW rejects
    Post edited by carnages41 on
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free

Keem said:

MMA exists outsides of the UFC

Anderson Silva is 33-4, Jon Jones is 18-1
  • chonschons Posts: 3,366Free
    Sisti said:

Keem said:

Yet you still discredit Silva at every turn with this debate... :-\"
    The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds reptiles of the mind.

• fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    Bisping is P4P GOAT, that is all

• BAMfreddrickBAMfreddrick Somewhere in AlbertaPosts: 4,949Free
    Sisti said:

Keem said:

Oh **** really? I had no **** clue that MMA existed elsewhere.

My point is that Anderson has clearly accomplished vastly more in the UFC alone than Cain so to say Cain is higher on the P4P list than Silva is pretty outrageous. To say anyone in the UFC is higher ranked than SIlva is ridiculous, he's undefeated in the UFC for a reason.