Should they turn Jon Jones' loss to a NC?

Comments

• FroZeNFroZeN Posts: 4,762Free
    Yeah, sure he broke the rules but he was relatively green and he had basically dismantled Hamill before then. It was actually a really **** loss. Should have been deducted a point or something and given the chance to finish Hamill the right way.
    OFFICIAL UFC FORUM BLACKBELT
  • BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,488Free
    Naw it should be a DQ...he broke a rule and I remember him being warned once aswell

Sig record
    40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>
  • Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    Everyone knows he didn't really lose as he was dominating that fight but he broke the rules and was using illegal elbows, it was accidental either so it was the only option.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• HellequinHellequin In my car with the garage door closedPosts: 4,165Free
    No, but it's not like it takes anything away from Jon Jones.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,218Free
    He broke a rule and he lost because of it simple as that.... And he clearly hasn't learned anything because he still breaks rules....spinning elbows to back of the head, throat strikes, eye pokes, playing the rules by putting one hand on the matt so no one kicks him
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,173Free
    edited July 2013

He broke a rule and he lost because of it simple as that.... And he clearly hasn't learned anything because he still breaks rules....spinning elbows to back of the head, throat strikes, eye pokes, playing the rules by putting one hand on the matt so no one kicks him

Well you could argue that Silva has gotten away with cheating. Holding shorts, controversial theigh strike to the face, holding the cage, etc.

Aldo has gotten away with holding onto the cage as well.

And EVERYONE knows that GSP has gotten away with cheating.

I'm not defending Jones at all but it was surprising that he was actually DQ'd.
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,717Free
    The people who saw the fight know he won. He is really 19/0. He was destroying Hamil, if he had known he would of dropped regular elbows and finished him either way. 100% it should of been points deducted or a NC.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,218Free
    Everyone knows Jones/Anderson/GSP are all cheaters....they just refuse to admit it because they love them so much
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • JonBonesJonesFanJonBonesJonesFan Posts: 13,359Free
    nope I think it should be a DQ loss. he was killing hamill before he broke the rules so why endanger the fighter further by breaking the rules.. if Jones had slapped a light submission on him I'm sure it would have been a quick and easy tap. even if jones continued with the utter domination of LEGAL elbows it would have been stopped. so really there was no point to the illegal blows other than to cause harm. he should have been suspended for a few months for that type of malicious behaviour... ok maybe not but you get my point.
    The GOAT Rain_Wizard slapped the taste out of my mouth.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    do you really care? I couldnt give a ****

• BAMfreddrickBAMfreddrick Somewhere in AlbertaPosts: 4,949Free
    Jones broke the rules, breaking the rules warrants a DQ. Besides, as Carnages has already mentioned he's a dirty fighter. There are few pics from his fight with Belfort where you can distinctly see him striking Belforts throat over and over and stuff like that.

• juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,935Free

nope I think it should be a DQ loss. he was killing hamill before he broke the rules so why endanger the fighter further by breaking the rules.. if Jones had slapped a light submission on him I'm sure it would have been a quick and easy tap. even if jones continued with the utter domination of LEGAL elbows it would have been stopped. so really there was no point to the illegal blows other than to cause harm. he should have been suspended for a few months for that type of malicious behaviour... ok maybe not but you get my point.

I understand that the rules make them illegal but 12-6 elbows are not anymore dangerous than legal elbows.

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,173Free

I understand that the rules make them illegal but 12-6 elbows are not anymore dangerous than legal elbows.
    What is their reasoning behind making 12-6 elbows illegal?
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 947Free
    PoloRidah said:

Well you could argue that Silva has gotten away with cheating. Holding shorts, controversial theigh strike to the face, holding the cage, etc.

Aldo has gotten away with holding onto the cage as well.

And EVERYONE knows that GSP has gotten away with cheating.

I'm not defending Jones at all but it was surprising that he was actually DQ'd.
    You're absolutely right about Silva, GSP and Aldo getting away with questionable(at best) tactics. The same can be said about Jones throughout his UFC career. The difference is they are all champions now and a champ would have to drastically break the rules to get DQ'd. Sad but true.
    PoloRidah said:

Big John Mccarthy was there when they were deciding the initial rules for regulated MMA and he says: a member of the athletic board present said that he saw a man break a stack of bricks with a 12-6 elbow so clearly it would do the same to a human skull and would be too dangerous to be allowed. So 12-6 elbows were made illegal because one guy panicked and said he saw bricks broken that way.

• juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,935Free
    PoloRidah said:

I've heard two different stories. One is from Joe Rogan who said a commissioner saw a brick breaking competition and thought that if a guy could break 10 bricks with a downward elbow that it was a too dangerous in a fight. Another story from Big John who also agrees that 12-6 elbows should be legal. He said that a commissioner saw an early mma fight where a guy got back mount and knocked a guy out by elbowing him in the back of the head. Either way it was because of an uneducated commissioner.

People throw the same thing as a 12-6 elbow all of the time in mma. When a guy is defending a takedown and elbowing the side of the opponent's head it is the exact same motion as a 12-6 elbow just maybe not as much force.

Yea we covered this in biomechanics at school, you generate less force from a 12-6 than you do an arching upward elbow.

PoloRidah said:

I've heard two different stories. One is from Joe Rogan who said a commissioner saw a brick breaking competition and thought that if a guy could break 10 bricks with a downward elbow that it was a too dangerous in a fight. Another story from Big John who also agrees that 12-6 elbows should be legal. He said that a commissioner saw an early mma fight where a guy got back mount and knocked a guy out by elbowing him in the back of the head. Either way it was because of an uneducated commissioner.

People throw the same thing as a 12-6 elbow all of the time in mma. When a guy is defending a takedown and elbowing the side of the opponent's head it is the exact same motion as a 12-6 elbow just maybe not as much force.
    A little off topic, but how are situations like Brown KOing Gonzaga not considered 12-6 elbows?
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Well obviously the option is if on the judges cards he was winning,it should be a NQ not a loss.There is no way in that fight that Hamill was winning ,so how does he get a win he doesn't deserve?In this case we should start handing out wins for fighters who drop out of fights also.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,170Free
    No Matt beat him legit. Hamill beat the hell out of Jones Hellbow.

One does not simply hellbow Hamill into a bloody pulp and win.

No Matt beat him legit. Hamill beat the hell out of Jones Hellbow.

One does not simply hellbow Hamill into a bloody pulp and win.

Hamill should've been DQ'd for illegally head-butting Jones in the elbow repeatedly.
    No those headbutts were not intentional and Jones was moving into them trying to survive.
    Intention matters little when fighter safety is involved. He could have seriously injured Jones with those shots. They were vicious.
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    Yes.

The fight should of been stopped sooner as Hamill was only able to cover up not truly defend himself

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
    edited July 2013
    Keem said:

Yes.

The fight should of been stopped sooner as Hamill was only able to cover up not truly defend himself

It was Jones in survival mode. If he didn't flail his bloody elbow the ref would have stopped it because he wasn't intelligently defending himself.
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    LMAO....who dafuq considers that a loss?!?! JBJ is UNDEFEATED!
    Hamill knew he was in the wrong for the blatantly illegal head-butts.
    Why else would he have retired mid-career, except to avoid the inevitable suspension from the NSAC?
  • JimmyYOJimmyYO Posts: 1,234Free
    No but they need to be more consistent with the rules. A clean hit to the back of the neck can be just as devastating as a 12-6 elbow.

And just cuz the fighter whines like a bish after getting elbowed doesn't mean the fight should end and if the fighter takes it like a man doesn't mean the offender shouldn't be punished. So I guess it comes down to bad/timid refs. Bisping would probably have at least 3 more loses if they forced equal rule enforcement for everyone.

Sig Bet Record: 10-1

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free

Keem said:

Yes.

It was Jones in survival mode. If he didn't flail his bloody elbow the ref would have stopped it because he wasn't intelligently defending himself.
    Don't play dumb and get upset when someone treats you like it, aight?

:))
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*