Everything said about Silva vs. Weidman pre- and post-fight by Rogan is a LIE.

najmanajma Posts: 2,066Free
Lie 1: Silva is the most versatile fighter, the epitome of the XXI century evolution in MMA.
Truth: Not at all. The evolution of MMA has shown wrestling is the most crucial skill and base for fighting. Silva has no wrestling to speak off. He was taken down at will tonight. And that's a huge whole in his game. Most/All other champions are more complete than he is.

Lie 2: Weidman's performance was spectacular.
Truth: Say what? He had a take down, but with Silva's poor TDD it wasn't that hard to do, his sub attempt was nice, and then he just stood there in front of Silva not doing anything! Silva put his hands down and let Weidman KO him with no effort needed. He was pretty much pulling a Leithes/Maia performance.

Lie 3: Weidman was the 1st and only guy not to get intimidated by Silva.
Truth: LOLWUT?! Chael Sonnen was that guy, and he still is the only guy to take the fight to Anderson. Weidman froze in the middle of the octagon, didn't punch and didn't even try to go for the takedown, which was what he was supposed to do. He stood there mesmerized by Silva's clowning. Sonnen didn't let that happen.

Silva handed the victory to Weidman, who got it for free. Twas a joke of a fight. And it's very sad to hear Rogan manipulate everything to make it seem as if we had a real championship fight.

Comments

• BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 814Free
    Weidman took that fight. Silva defended takedowns, dodged punches early and threw some nice punches himself. He looked fast and as good as ever. He just is super cocky and arrogant, but regardless, Silva lost the 1st round, and was on the way to losing the fight anyway.
  • liquid2metalliquid2metal Posts: 306Free
    It wasn't a brutal left hook.
    Anderson was moving towards the hook.
    That's why he got knocked down.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our Fedor in heaven, hallowed be your sambo, your combos come. Your Kimora be done on the street, as it is in the ring. Give us today our daily sparring, and forgive us the overtraining we have done as we forgive those who knock us out. Subject us not to the trial but deliver us from Werdum. Remember that Fedor got triangled for your sins...

- Fedor - Roy Nelson - Lyoto Machida - Glover Texeira - Chael Sonnen - Nick Diaz - Carlos Condit -
    - Tarec Saffiedine - Nate Diaz - Gilbert Melendez - Frankie Edgar - Anthony Pettis - Ricardo Lamas -

Train by day, piss-off Shannon & Pack by night! All day!
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,047Free

Silva didn't hand the victory to Weidpage

Weidpage took it himself with a br00tal left hook!

That Melancon dude on the prelims has the most br00talcore left hook in MMA.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,335Free

good point, everyone knows Anderson's head movement is good, but it doesn't compare to the likes of RamGOAT and Mighty GOAT

Anderson ducked into that br00tal hook
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,066Free

Silva defended takedowns, dodged punches early

Did he really?? lol

• CaptinsaneOCaptinsaneO Posts: 75Free
    Silva thought he was going to take CW off his game plan by the extreme clowning and I think the reason Silva was clowning much more than usual was that he knew after that first round this fight was going to mimic the Chael vs Silva fight #1 except the outcome would probably be a loss instead, Silva felt some things during round 1 that told him HOLY ****!! this could get ugly!! I'm so glad he chose to do his clown routine as it makes the outcome even sweeter. Silva sure can act like a **** bag!! And more than anything I just love seeing the good ole RED, WHITE and BLUE flying instead of that damn puke green and baby sh*t yellow Brazilan rag!!! The one thing that does bother me is that Chael and GSP predicted the outcome correctly!!
  • FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,045Free
    najma said:

Lie 1: Silva is the most versatile fighter, the epitome mohe XXI century evolution in MMA.
    Truth: Not at all. The evolution of MMA has shown wrestling is the most crucial skill and base for fighting. Silva has no wrestling to speak off. He was taken down at will tonight. And that's a huge whole in his game. Most/All other champions are more complete than he is.

Lie 2: Weidman's performance was spectacular.
    Truth: Say what? He had a take down, but with Silva's poor TDD it wasn't that hard to do, his sub attempt was nice, and then he just stood there in front of Silva not doing anything! Silva put his hands down and let Weidman KO him with no effort needed. He was pretty much pulling a Leithes/Maia performance.

Lie 3: Weidman was the 1st and only guy not to get intimidated by Silva.
    Truth: LOLWUT?! Chael Sonnen was that guy, and he still is the only guy to take the fight to Anderson. Weidman froze in the middle of the octagon, didn't punch and didn't even try to go for the takedown, which was what he was supposed to do. He stood there mesmerized by Silva's clowning. Sonnen didn't let that happen.

Silva handed the victory to Weidman, who got it for free. Twas a joke of a fight. And it's very sad to hear Rogan manipulate everything to make it seem as if we had a real championship fight.

"Silva got taken down at will"
    Truth: got taken down once, got back up by himself and stopped all the other takedowns.

As for not being intimidated weidman did get intimidated at the end of round 1 but got back up mentally for the next round.

Weidman still managed to catch Silva while he was performing his evasives manoeuvres... Thats huge and not that huge at the same time... Could've been lucky. Personnaly i never thought his striking looked good but he also may have studied anderson's head movement pathern alot and figured it out.

Sure thing is... Silva's kinda good at using his skills for playing mind games but he had done enough in roud 1. Round 2 was time to put your hands up and take care of business. Instead of staying in the poket and p'aying bullet time he should've used his footwork to get away. No1 can deny that he went full retard o that sequence but no more than chael did when he threw his spinning back fist.

This all sucks **** and sry but Silva will only go down hill from there. He might win other fights but he probly wont go on a streak again. Knock outs ruin you. They ruin your reflexes and timing, and your chin gets more fragile everytime. Especially at 38, he'll never bounce back completly from this. I was him i'd pull the plug right now instead of risking another Chuck Liddell-like debacle.
  • DreamahDreamah Posts: 82Free
    It sucks so bad, that Weidman is the man to do this, he looked completely bewildered and stunned. The only thing Weidman did, was listen to the thing that everyone has said works against Anderson, doubling and tripling up strikes. He looked really bad tonight, apart from the clipping. I wish it had been much clearer dominance or something...It's just sucks to see it happen like that.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,651Free
    Dreamah said:

It sucks so bad, that Weidman is the man to do this, he looked completely bewildered and stunned. The only thing Weidman did, was listen to the thing that everyone has said works against Anderson, doubling and tripling up strikes. He looked really bad tonight, apart from the clipping. I wish it had been much clearer dominance or something...It's just sucks to see it happen like that.

It's scary to think that Weidman on an average night knocked Silva out. Can't wait for him to fight at 100% like the Munoz fight
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,054Free

good point, everyone knows Anderson's head movement is good, but it doesn't compare to the likes of RamGOAT and Mighty GOAT

Anderson ducked into that br00tal hook
    lol Canpage wouldn't know head movement if you waved a doughnut in front of that fat ****.

As for Flighty Mouse, it isn't really head movement if your entire body moves with your head. Away from your opponent.
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • MrBisonMrBison Posts: 556Free

What you talking about? Silva was stumbling backwards.. And the reason it Knocked him down was because it was right on the button
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    HA HA HA HA HA AH AHA HAHA AHA HA HA H HA HA HA HA HA HA HA H HA HA HA H HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Silva got KNOCKED THE F OUT by a "CAN"......... =))
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free

That Melancon dude on the prelims has the most br00talcore left hook in MMA.

He's from my area.

They keep butchering his name though. It's pronounced Meh-lawn-sawn, not melancholy or whatever they kept saying.

It's a trip to see him in the UFC as he didn't even make weight for his Strikeforce debut in Houston.

I seriously didn't think he'd beat Seth like that either, good for him.

This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.