Anderson beat himself

waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
I know everybody has heard the saying that sometimes a fighter "just beats himself", but I have never seen a more clear cut example of this than Anderson's fight against Weidman. This is not to take anything away from Weidman. He beat Silva fair and square. However, I believe his win was more about Silva's tomfoolery catching up to him than about his actual performance in that fight.
On November 16th Hendricks became the real undisputed champion.

"Believe in the beard"

Comments

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,220Free
    All you're trying to do is take away from Weidman with that post.

Silva does stupid **** like that all the time and this time it cost him.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    edited July 2013
    Imo no one ever beats themselves, they may make a mistake which gives there opponent a chance to win but they have to be good enough to capitalize on it. Going off your logic Sonnen beat himself twice against Silva.
    Post edited by Gabri1985 on

All you're trying to do is take away from Weidman with that post.

Silva does stupid **** like that all the time and this time it cost him.

Don't get butthurt. In reality, Weidman didn't dominate Silva, he just knocked out a guy with his hands down. I am a fan of both guys and I left that fight thinking more about what Anderson was not doing than what Weidman was doing.

"Believe in the beard"

• uddasideuddaside Posts: 1,785Free
    I like Anderson, but boy I laughed so hard watching his head bounce up and down on the canvas like a basketball. That **** was hilarious.
  • waikruwaikru UFC PresidentPosts: 10,001Free
    Gabri1985 said:

Imo no one ever beats themselves, they may make a mistake which gives there opponent a chance to win but they have to be good enough to capitalize one it. Going off your logic Sonnen beat himself twice against Silva.

Fighters can definitely beat themselves. I think it could definitely be true in the first Sonnen fight, but not the second one.

"Believe in the beard"

• najmanajma Posts: 2,023Free
    Gabri1985 said:

Going off your logic Sonnen beat himself twice against Silva.

No. You don't use your brain all too well.

Sonnen did everything best he could to win.
    Silva did everything best he could to lose.

It wasn't like Sonnen was handing Silva his arms with only purpose for Silva to grab him in a triangle attempt so he could retract his arms at the last second making silly faces "Oh no you don't! Haha!".
    najma said:

Gabri1985 said:

It wasn't like Sonnen was handing Silva his arms with only purpose for Silva to grab him in a triangle attempt so he could retract his arms at the last second making silly faces "Oh no you don't! Haha!".
    in that first fight all sonnen had to do was lay there for 45 seconds instead he gave Silva the opportunity to get that triangle and he took it. Second fight he throws a stupid spinning elbow misses falls on his butt and gets finished from there.

najma said:

Gabri1985 said:

in that first fight all sonnen had to do was lay there for 45 seconds instead he gave Silva the opportunity to get that triangle and he took it. Second fight he throws a stupid spinning elbow misses falls on his butt and gets finished from there.
    In the second fight, Sonnen was getting punched in the grill and failed two takedown attempts. In other words, he was already losing.

"Believe in the beard"

• HAD0K3NHAD0K3N Posts: 765Free
    hmmm maybe wait to see what happens next are we going to see a usa vs brazil - wiedman vs silva tuf - followed by the rematch in brazil ?
    even more people will watch from both countries. and the rematch will be one of the biggest pay per view events in the history of ufc.....

then i would understand why he danced in front of wiedman with his hands down.
    Biyootched
    waikru said:

Gabri1985 said:

najma said:

Gabri1985 said:

In the second fight, Sonnen was getting punched in the grill and failed two takedown attempts. In other words, he was already losing.
    he was one round up and it was the second round lol

waikru said:

Gabri1985 said:

najma said:

Gabri1985 said:

he was one round up and it was the second round lol
    But Silva was winning the whole second round. It wasn't like he was losing and then Sonnen went for a spinning backfist punch resulting in his loss.

"Believe in the beard"

• najmanajma Posts: 2,023Free
    Gabri1985 said:

najma said:

Gabri1985 said:

Have you even read what you're quoting?
    Read it again and again until you actually GET IT, because your comment is of no relevance to it.

• Solid_SnakeSolid_Snake Posts: 11,789Moderator, Ultimate
    He didn't punch himself in the face. Weidman beat Silva, period.
    GSP MAFIA

Leonie fan since day one....No questions asked.

The Funny Thread

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkar

You obviously don't understand the thread with such a ridiculous post, so GTFO.

"Believe in the beard"

• WhipsnapWhipsnap Posts: 158Free
    People beat themselves all the time, not physically but mentally. Anderson was beaten because he got caught, no other reason. His style of baiting his opponent in didn't work because Weidman wasn't phased by it. He kept his composure and stayed calm while previous opponents would get angry and over throw their shots, leaving Anderson to pick them apart.
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    HA HA HA HA HA AH AHA HAHA AHA HA HA H HA HA HA HA HA HA HA H HA HA HA H HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Silva got KNOCKED THE F OUT by a "CAN"......... =))
    ThePack19 said:

HA HA HA HA HA AH AHA HAHA AHA HA HA H HA HA HA HA HA HA HA H HA HA HA H HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Silva got KNOCKED THE F OUT by a "CAN"......... =))

Weidman is not a can. This thread is for people that now MMA, so you can GTFO with your buddy @Solid_Snake.

"Believe in the beard"

• ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    The butthurt is GLORIOUS.....get some prepH waikru!!!!! =))
    waikru said:

Oh I understand, it's an excuse thread. He had nothing for Weidman before the KO. He was throwing head kicks, front kicks, hooks, jabs, knees, everything he had, and couldn't land anything significant.
    GSP MAFIA

The Funny Thread

najma said:

Gabri1985 said:

najma said:

Gabri1985 said:

Have you even read what you're quoting?
    Read it again and again until you actually GET IT, because your comment is of no relevance to it.

have you? Sonnen gifted him that triangle.

The butthurt is GLORIOUS.....get some prepH waikru!!!!! =))

Yeah, I am butthurt because a fighter I like beat another fighter I liked. 8-|

I am more questioning the intelligence of someone saying that the number one contender and now new World MW champion is a can.

"Believe in the beard"

edited July 2013

waikru said:

Oh I understand, it's an excuse thread. He had nothing for Weidman before the KO. He was throwing head kicks, front kicks, hooks, jabs, knees, everything he had, and couldn't land anything significant.
    Excuse and reason is one in the same. You don't understand simple concepts, so go troll the GSP is #1 thread.
    Post edited by waikru on

"Believe in the beard"

waikru said:

waikru said:

I'm in a bad mood because my favorite fighter lost and I'm acting like a tool. I apologize for my uncalled for words and for being wrong in almost every debate in which I partake.
    You are forgiven :)
    GSP MAFIA

The Funny Thread

• MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,097Free

waikru said:

waikru said:

I'm in a bad mood because my favorite fighter lost and I'm acting like a tool. I apologize for my uncalled for words and for being wrong in almost every debate in which I partake.
    lmfao, at least someone is abusing the powers. I would have done the same.
    They will make anybody a mod on this forum. They should make everyone take an IQ test before being given them such an important job.

"Believe in the beard"

MilesGun said:

waikru said:

waikru said:

"Abuse"'is a strong word.lol I don't ban people out of spite and I usually don't edit comments. But waikru is a tool and is raging hard. Silva fans have had it easy, he always wins.lol so he lost, get over it. I still have to hear about Serra. Plus, I wouldn't edit his comments if he wasn't so disrespectful to Leonie.
    GSP MAFIA

The Funny Thread

MilesGun said:

waikru said:

waikru said:

"Abuse"'is a strong word.lol I don't ban people out of spite and I usually don't edit comments. But waikru is a tool and is raging hard. Silva fans have had it easy, he always wins.lol so he lost, get over it. I still have to hear about Serra. Plus, I wouldn't edit his comments if he wasn't so disrespectful to Leonie.
    Abuse is exactly what you are doing. And now you try to justify it with Leonie. LOL!

"Believe in the beard"

waikru said:

MilesGun said:

waikru said:

waikru said:

Abuse is exactly what you are doing. And now you try to justify it with Leonie. LOL!
    Justify? No, just explaining myself. I'm just giving you something else to cry about other than Silva.
    GSP MAFIA

The Funny Thread

waikru said:

waikru said:

MilesGun said:

waikru said:

waikru said:

Justify? No, just explaining myself. I'm just giving you something else to cry about other than Silva.
    Who is crying about Silva? I am a Weidman fan too. I am aloud to have a perspective and express it. At least I am not getting all butthurt like you. You are sitting here editing my posts and abusing your cool "mod powers" because you lack the capacity to engage in an intelligent discussion.
    Lol you are angry, and it's obvious. Your personal shots and constant trolling make it evident.
    GSP MAFIA

The Funny Thread