Silva didn't dare clown around like that with Chael. Weidman's win was a gift.

MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,384Free
Well, it's all there in the thread's title. There WILL be a rematch. Silva has ten fights on his contract and he's going to want redemption, I don't care what he said in the post-fight interview.

If after watching the way Silva was able to clown around (he finally paid for it in the end) with Weidman and mostly get away with it, you believe Silva can't win this fight, you are out of your mind. Sure, Weidman's good, but Silva knew he wouldn't have been able to get away with those antics with Chael, and he still beat him twice.
Member of the People's Freedom Movement


Comments

  • MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,384Free
    For the record, the former champion deserved that loss It was absolutely fitting that he got knocked out; I'm not a fan of arrogance or disrespect. That part, I want to clarify. It was great to see his cocky **** cut down to size.

    That being said, he's a better fighter than Chris Weidman. Mark my words, Anderson Silva will have an immediate title shot and he will win the next match.
    Member of the People's Freedom Movement


  • 12er12er Posts: 10,731Free
    Megasoup said:

    For the record, the former champion deserved that loss It was absolutely fitting that he got knocked out; I'm not a fan of arrogance or disrespect. That part, I want to clarify. It was great to see his cocky **** cut down to size.

    That being said, he's a better fighter than Chris Weidman. Mark my words, Anderson Silva will have an immediate title shot and he will win the next match.

    Nope, weidman is going to tap him in the rematch.

    Weidman is already great, he's also 29. He's going to get better and better. He won this fight coming off of a long lay off after surgery. If you think weidman is going to look worse next fight then your smoking crack.

    12er is turning heel to save the forum

    He knows the forum is on life support, with GSP gone, the hate is lacking.

    12er's the hero The UFC Fight Club deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. An Iron Jimmie - Carnages41

  • najmanajma Posts: 2,020Free
    Sonnen imposed his game on Silva and didn't let him clown.
    Weidman began well, but then froze and if Silva didn't hand him the victory it would be a Bonnar story all over again.
    image
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,136Free
    He didn't do that with Sonnen because he didn't have the opportunity. Did you even watch those fights? lol

    This coming from the OP who decided he wanted to make his first sig bet after a few years in favor of Silva who was the obvious favorite but ended up getting KO'd.

    Stick to making threads about yourself in the outside the ufc section instead of making up excuses as to why Silva got KO'd.
    image
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4
    image


  • MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,384Free
    Exactly. He didn't have the opportunity with Sonnen. Where is the disagreement here?

    No, he had opportunity with Weidman because there was a vast differential in skill. Are you really going to admit to everyone here on the forum that you weren't able to detect that? That's scary, because you have damn near 4,000 posts, so I figure you're a fan of this sport and have watched at least a couple fights; more than enough to gain some insight and perspective on what is going on in the octagon.
    Member of the People's Freedom Movement


  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,136Free
    Megasoup said:

    Exactly. He didn't have the opportunity with Sonnen. Where is the disagreement here?

    No, he had opportunity with Weidman because there was a vast differential in skill. Are you really going to admit to everyone here on the forum that you weren't able to detect that? That's scary, because you have damn near 4,000 posts, so I figure you're a fan of this sport and have watched at least a couple fights; more than enough to gain some insight and perspective on what is going on in the octagon.

    Wait are you saying that Silva was able to "clown around" with Weidman because Sonnen has a higher skill level and prevented it from happening?
    image
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4
    image


  • kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,659Free
    Totally different scenarios.. Sonnen applies a ton of pressure & never stops, so there wasn't time for Silva to do so. Weidman, on the other hand, remained calm & composed & didn't rush into anything, basically giving Silva the floor.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,136Free
    kapst said:

    Totally different scenarios.. Sonnen applies a ton of pressure & never stops, so there wasn't time for Silva to do so. Weidman, on the other hand, remained calm & composed & didn't rush into anything, basically giving Silva the floor.

    This.

    You went full retard Megasoup.
    image
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4
    image


  • kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,659Free
    PoloRidah said:

    He didn't do that with Sonnen because he didn't have the opportunity. Did you even watch those fights? lol

    najma said:

    Sonnen imposed his game on Silva and didn't let him clown.
    Weidman began well, but then froze..

    Spot on. +1
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,633Free
    I don't think the excuse-making for Silva will ever end. I can't believe how many people think he threw the fight. The bigger the upset or the more fans a fighter has, the bigger the conspiracy theories are after a loss. How many people are out there claiming Dave Herman threw the fight and allowed Gonzaga to knock him out?

    In my opinion, Silva tried his usual antics and paid the price. That's the impression I believe most others have as well, aside from the nutcase conspiracies. It looked like Silva was doing his typical matrix-dodging of Weidman's punches with success, but underestimated the reach of Weidman's left hook. He dodge the first few, even clowned being staggered, then couldn't bend back any further when he got clobbered with the left. He was done after that connected, but Weidman really sealed the deal with the right that bounced Silva's head off the mat.

    I'm glad Silva lost, but was still shocked when I watched it live. No one is unbeatable. I believe that Silva will win a rematch if he fights in a serious manner. Despite what he said in his post fight interview, I think a rematch will indeed happen.
  • kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,659Free
    najma said:

    Sonnen imposed his game on Silva and didn't let him clown.
    Weidman began well, but then froze and if Silva didn't hand him the victory it would be a Bonnar story all over again.

    ijosef said:

    I don't think the excuse-making for Silva will ever end. I can't believe how many people think he threw the fight. The bigger the upset or the more fans a fighter has, the bigger the conspiracy theories are after a loss. How many people are out there claiming Dave Herman threw the fight and allowed Gonzaga to knock him out?

    In my opinion, Silva tried his usual antics and paid the price. That's the impression I believe most others have as well, aside from the nutcase conspiracies. It looked like Silva was doing his typical matrix-dodging of Weidman's punches with success, but underestimated the reach of Weidman's left hook. He dodge the first few, even clowned being staggered, then couldn't bend back any further when he got clobbered with the left. He was done after that connected, but Weidman really sealed the deal with the right that bounced Silva's head off the mat.

    I'm glad Silva lost, but was still shocked when I watched it live. No one is unbeatable. I believe that Silva will win a rematch if he fights in a serious manner. Despite what he said in his post fight interview, I think a rematch will indeed happen.

    Good post, but on the last bit.. I don't think we really got to see the full extent of Weidman's ground game against Silva. Now that Silva has to worry about Weidman's power AND the takedowns, as well as any added pressure from coming off a loss... a rematch will be very interesting. I could see it going either way, tbh, but I'd bet on Weidman winning the next one by UD (Sonnen-style).
  • MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,384Free
    edited July 2013
    PoloRidah said:

    Megasoup said:

    Exactly. He didn't have the opportunity with Sonnen. Where is the disagreement here?

    No, he had opportunity with Weidman because there was a vast differential in skill. Are you really going to admit to everyone here on the forum that you weren't able to detect that? That's scary, because you have damn near 4,000 posts, so I figure you're a fan of this sport and have watched at least a couple fights; more than enough to gain some insight and perspective on what is going on in the octagon.

    Wait are you saying that Silva was able to "clown around" with Weidman because Sonnen has a higher skill level and prevented it from happening?
    Yes. Of course, the focus isn't supposed to be on Sonnen's skills, more on the fluke-like nature of Weidman's win.

    Sometimes fighters get lucky; It happens all the time. Weidman is a very talented fighter, but he's no Anderson Silva. After 16 straight wins, the long-considered "pound for pound" greatest finally slipped on a banana peel. Those who do not see this as EXTREMELY OBVIOUS are either blinded by bias or just plain blind with, eh...blindless.
    Post edited by Megasoup on
    Member of the People's Freedom Movement


Sign In or Register to comment.