This is why Anderson will win the rematch.

MattNMattN Posts: 1,299Free
Notice Anderson dodges most of Weidman punches, at 38yr old his reflex and speed is still superior. Right up until the end when you watch it in slow motion, before the shot that connected, there was a grazing punch and Anderson pretended to be hurt. If he throw a counter right then instead of pretending, it would have been different.

I have no doubt he'll win the stand up game if he fight seriously. Do you seriously think Weirdman can out strike Anderson?

Wrestling, sure he got taken down once, but managed to get up from a sub attempt, and stuffed a couple TDs. Weidman only have 1 solution, repeat what Sonnen did, TD to neutralize striking then ground and pound, or sub if he could. There's no plan B if that doesn't work. Lets not forget Anderson can submit Weidman on the ground also.

A motivated Anderson will be much more dangerous than ever. He should take a few lessons of TD def from JDS and wrestling from Munoz. Champions are no quitter. I'm confident that he'll get back from this prepared with a complete ground game.
Favorite fighters:

Shane Carwin

Anderson Silva

Frankie Edgar

Comments

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,804Free
    im not even sure silva will fight again i think hes lost the desire, maybe this loss will reawaken it maybe not. but now is the perfect chance for silva to walk away from mma and live a happy life with his family away from the media attention
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Solid_SnakeSolid_Snake Posts: 11,789Moderator, Ultimate
    He wasn't able to land any of the significant strikes he threw, and he lost his composure. Lets face it, he faced someone his own size and got creamed.
    GSP MAFIA

Leonie fan since day one....No questions asked.

The Funny Thread

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkar
  • MattNMattN Posts: 1,299Free

He wasn't able to land any of the significant strikes he threw, and he lost his composure. Lets face it, he faced someone his own size and got creamed.

He fought people bigger than him in LHW before, and a few in MW, size isn't a huge factor here. Weidman came prepared, he knew that Anderson was clowning to lure for a counter KO, managed to dodge them, Weidman didn't land any significant hit neither, until the end.

Favorite fighters:

Shane Carwin

Anderson Silva

Frankie Edgar
    MattN said:

He fought people bigger than him in LHW before, and a few in MW, size isn't a huge factor here. Weidman came prepared, he knew that Anderson was clowning to lure for a counter KO, managed to dodge them, Weidman didn't land any significant hit neither, until the end.

Yeah, but both were on the downhill of their careers. He fought a guy his own size, in his prime, and got creamed. Weidman looked like he was slacking off, not pushing the pace at all and still landed the big KO. Imagine if he was motivated and in shape.
    GSP MAFIA

The Funny Thread

• GN_FDUGN_FDU Posts: 3,803Free

MattN said:

Yeah, but both were on the downhill of their careers. He fought a guy his own size, in his prime, and got creamed. Weidman looked like he was slacking off, not pushing the pace at all and still landed the big KO. Imagine if he was motivated and in shape.
    Lol. You be trolling, bro.
    GN_FDU said:

MattN said:

Lol. You be trolling, bro.
    Me? Nahhhhh
    GSP MAFIA

The Funny Thread

• chonschons Posts: 3,366Free

weidman the goat went from a laughing stock to a forum hero

No, he's still a laughing stock.

The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds reptiles of the mind.

• JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free

in your mind maybe...
  • Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    Feels good to be a Genius.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
    chons said:

Butthurts gonna butthurt.
    images-1.jpeg
    215 x 121 - 6K

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • 12er12er Posts: 10,779Free
    MattN said:

Notice Anderson dodges most of Weidman punches, at 38yr old his reflex and speed is still superior. Right up until the end when you watch it in slow motion, before the shot that connected, there was a grazing punch and Anderson pretended to be hurt. If he throw a counter right then instead of pretending, it would have been different.

I have no doubt he'll win the stand up game if he fight seriously. Do you seriously think Weirdman can out strike Anderson?

Wrestling, sure he got taken down once, but managed to get up from a sub attempt, and stuffed a couple TDs. Weidman only have 1 solution, repeat what Sonnen did, TD to neutralize striking then ground and pound, or sub if he could. There's no plan B if that doesn't work. Lets not forget Anderson can submit Weidman on the ground also.

A motivated Anderson will be much more dangerous than ever. He should take a few lessons of TD def from JDS and wrestling from Munoz. Champions are no quitter. I'm confident that he'll get back from this prepared with a complete ground game.

The only reason Silva got up was because Chris rolled for a knee bar. If he had played it safe he could have kept him down the whole round.

Chances are he would have gotten Silva down again had the fight gone on longer.

Silva isn't taking the rematch because he knows he'll get wrecked again. Deal with it.
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,836Free
    Weidman didn't do anything to make me believe that he's truly elite. He looked good on the ground, but Silva neutralized his offense and got back up. Then, he couldn't land repeat takedowns, even as Siva goaded him in. Putting his head against Anderson's chest and just trying to push him back while Anderson had underhooks and shrugged him off effortlessly told me a lot. Weidman isn't as strong as Sonnen and his cardio isn't up to par. He also doesn't check legs kicks. The pressure that he promised to bring even fizzled out after the first few minutes and the KO was handed to him by a goofy Anderson who wanted to impress his idol at cageside by emulating his prime boxing day theatrics. Andy not even caring to use footwork and his usual head bobbing in the last exchange cost him this one. There's no excuse other than sheer arrogance, but in terms of pure talent and raw ability, there's no question that he's still the GOAT.

As for Chris, rematch or not, the chances of him being a dominant champion are extremely slim. I actually like the kid a lot, but that's the truth.
  • MattNMattN Posts: 1,299Free
    edited July 2013
    Lol you Weidman fan saying Anderson won't take rematch because you're scared he'll take the belt again. Betting odds still in Anderson favor and 90% people think he lost because he fool around.
    Post edited by MattN on
    Favorite fighters:

Shane Carwin

Anderson Silva

Frankie Edgar
    bluesy said:

Weidman didn't do anything to make me believe that he's truly elite. He looked good on the ground, but Silva neutralized his offense and got back up. Then, he couldn't land repeat takedowns, even as Siva goaded him in. Putting his head against Anderson's chest and just trying to push him back while Anderson had underhooks and shrugged him off effortlessly told me a lot. Weidman isn't as strong as Sonnen and his cardio isn't up to par. He also doesn't check legs kicks. The pressure that he promised to bring even fizzled out after the first few minutes and the KO was handed to him by a goofy Anderson who wanted to impress his idol at cageside by emulating his prime boxing day theatrics. Andy not even caring to use footwork and his usual head bobbing in the last exchange cost him this one. There's no excuse other than sheer arrogance, but in terms of pure talent and raw ability, there's no question that he's still the GOAT.

As for Chris, rematch or not, the chances of him being a dominant champion are extremely slim. I actually like the kid a lot, but that's the truth.

I pmed you your new sig to add.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
    MattN said:

Lol you Weidman fan saying Anderson won't take rematch because you're scared he'll take the belt again. Betting odds still in Anderson favor and 90% people think he lost because he fool around.

I'm not scared in the slightest. Anderson did jack and **** to a ring rusted weidman. Weidman will finish him again in a rematch.

chons said:

Butthurts gonna butthurt.
    Lol, no butt hurt, I just think you are a retard. :p

The man who never alters his opinion is like standing water, & breeds reptiles of the mind.

MattN said:

He said it himself that he didn't want a rematch lol.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.

MattN said:

This is why you are a retard.

chons said:

MattN said:

Short term memory much? Do I need to provide you with a link?

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.

chons said:

MattN said:

See, that went way over your retarded head.

Gotten too much? Lol what are you implying?

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • bluesybluesy Posts: 2,836Free

bluesy said:

HAH, you didn't even get back to me the day before the fight and now you wanna send me a sig. God knows you would've bailed and been non-committal had it gone the other way. Sorry, but all that needs to happen BEFORE the fight takes place.

In any case, every dog has its day and Weidman has his moment right now. All the WeidGOAT fans enjoy this while it lasts. It won't be long 'till people start calling him a can again. He's Buster Keaton and Matt Serra; a mere roadblock on the road of someone much greater.

off topic:

@i_run_this and @12er can't you resize your sig? it's a full page the way it is, come on

I'm not that saavy and I'm using a tablet. Is it reletively easy?
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,290Free
    ok spartacus after dinner

shes foxy tho

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,290Free
    on my screen it isnt that big btw

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

chons said:

chons said:

MattN said:

See, that went way over your retarded head.

Thank goodness somebody banned that retarted butthurt can it was about time.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
    bluesy said:

bluesy said:

HAH, you didn't even get back to me the day before the fight and now you wanna send me a sig. God knows you would've bailed and been non-committal had it gone the other way. Sorry, but all that needs to happen BEFORE the fight takes place.

In any case, every dog has its day and Weidman has his moment right now. All the WeidGOAT fans enjoy this while it lasts. It won't be long 'till people start calling him a can again. He's Buster Keaton and Matt Serra; a mere roadblock on the road of someone much greater.
    Are you **** kidding me? We agreed to the bet the day before and you pmed me asking how long it last for, I suggested 1 month and never got a response from you.

We had a deal and You have until tonight to add it to your sig or else you will be publicly known as a welcher from now on.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,044Free
    Well I think Silva got caught up in his own web thats pretty much it. Do I think Weidman is a better striker than Silva? no.. And no1 with a brain should think that.

But like some other fighters Silva has fought in the past, Weidman has sufficient technique and power to hurt him if he connects. And Silva gave him that opportunity.

This doesn't mean that Weidman is a better striker. Doesn't even mean he's the best striker Silva has faced.. In fact, he's far from it. But he caught him. I think that's why this fight leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. To be honest, I would've been fine with it if Weidman had closed the fight with that leg lock. But with that sort of outcome its kinda hard to swallow and also hard to give him credit for it. I mean props to him but I'm having a hard time seeing him as the better fighter... Just as I had problems considering Serra the better striker when he tko'd GSP..

People have to understand that when fighters use this type of evasive manoeuvre its not really as if they were dodging. Silva has great head movement and head roll to parry punches and diminish their impacts. But when he does that type of wide swinging head movement the point isn't to evade a specific strike but rather to just keep your head moving, in some relatively random fashion, to make it harder to hit. So yeah it does look matrix like but in reality, many boxers use a similar concept, except that they will dodge by leaning forward and going under instead of backward. Doing it like they do in boxing in MMA would be risky because of the knees that could catch you. Most people in MMA just don't dare trying it but in reality dodging strikes this way isn't exactly THAT hard and an average striker could take the risk to pull this at the potential gain of intimidating his opponent and gathering tons of fame.

When he did that against Franklin and then again even more impressively against Griffin, it worked.. But it can fail.. theres always a chance that you're gonna get hit anyways and if you notice, Silva's head was actually moving towards Weidman's fist, increasing the power of the strike. He really overused that technique imo and that caught up with him.

But will he win the next fight? Well I think he will be more serious in his stand up game for sure and will not overuse that type of antics. So I'm pretty confident that he would not get caught again in the stand up in a rematch but he could very well get submitted though... or decisioned.