Where were you when Silva got KTFO!

ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
I'll start. My brother in law decided to have some friends over to split the costs of PPV and food. So we got together and had some beer, grilled burgers and chicken wings. Had some leftover fireworks we shot off. Talked a friend into shooting bottle rockets out of his butt-crack......was hilarious! Then we started making fun of each other and placing bets. After Silva got KTFO......everyone was slack jawed and silent but me, I ran around inside his house screaming, hugging everyone as if I just won the lottery.

Comments

• ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,021Free
    I was at my sister and brother in laws. My reaction was a mix of a scream of shock and laughter into my tanktop because i was scared i would wake up my nephew.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,315Free
    I was in my house. I had a lot friends and their families over. They found out how passionate I was about that fight as soon as silva got KTFO'd. Lol
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• WalkLikeAWarrior707WalkLikeAWarrior707 Posts: 6,005Free
    Kickin it at my friends house. I was pulling for Weidman to win but I thought Anderson would most likely beat him.

Weidman was looking pretty good in the 1st half of the round then Silva started defending the takedown pretty well and landing some good shots. The taunting was pretty unnecessary but that's Anderson's game. It didn't seem to bother Weidman much tho, he came out and landed that combo followed up with that left hook that Anderson leaned right into.

I couldn't believe it. I saw that left hook he leaned into and knew he was in big trouble. Could see his eyes rolling back and him hitting the mat. Me and my friend were going crazy! One of the most unbelievable things I've ever seen. I don't know if I have ever felt that way after an MMA fight. Was still in shock this morning.

Man Weidman really made the best of his opportunity. He looked confident all week and capitalized when it mattered most. Very happy for him. Sucks to see Silva get KO'd tho, I have a lot of respect for him and he's a great fighter. Gonna be very interesting to see what he does from here.

Crazy night of MMA, the whole card was sick. Gonna to watch it again tonight!
    Legends - Bruce Lee, Genki Sudo, Joachim Hansen
    HW - JDS, Browne, Hunt, Big Nog
    LHW - Bones, Gustafsson, Jimi Manuwa, Te Huna, Gian Villante
    MW - Weidman, Cung Le, Dylan Andrews, Magnus Cedenblad
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    LW - Pettis, Khabib, Dos Anjos, Edson Barboza, Jim Miller, Bobby Green, Chiesa
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    BW - Cruz, Pickett, Vaughan Lee, Iuri Alcantara, Erik Perez, Russell Doane
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    FLY - John Lineker, Louis Smolka
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    I was about to win the internetz when I got distracted.
    This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.
  • rodrodMMA92rodrodMMA92 TexasPosts: 4,004Free
    At my sisters house carrying my baby nephew who started LHAO as I got up and started to LMFAO.

21-16 SIG . . . . . 2-1 AV

Rua . . . . . . Penn . . . . . . Maia . . . . . .Van Soest . . . . . . Rousey . . . . . . . JDS . . . . . . Silva

imageimageimageTVSRouseyimageShogun

• -HiLiteOfTheNite--HiLiteOfTheNite- Posts: 621Free
    I had like 12 people over, a couple were Silva fans, but everybody wanted to see what Weidman could do. Everybody figured Silva would win, except for a few of us. Everybody made their predictions. I picked Weidman via TKO late in the 2nd...kinda close I guess. Everybody at my place was getting pissed when he started to disrespect Weidman, but most people thought Silva was gearing up to catch him with the big shot.

Expletives were being yelled at the television directed in a negative way towards Silva, because people started getting upset with how classless he was acting. When Weidman clipped him the first time and Anderson's knee buckled under him we all sensed the upset was about to happen. Everybody stood up/ closed in on the TV and then it happened.

As we all watched his eyes roll back in his head we all began jumping up and down and screaming and such. I can't recall being that stunned ever in my life. I never thought Weidman would be able to catch him in the stand-up quite like that, but I guess that's what you get when you disrespect a superior athlete. Its a night that I will likely not soon forget...
  • JohnnyZadarJohnnyZadar Posts: 8,936Free
    xCappax said:

I was in front of a television, imagine that!

epic post...+99999999 :))
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,624Free
    xCappax said:

I was in front of a television, imagine that!

You gotta set the scene a little more.
  • ultimatefightingchampultimatefightingchamp Posts: 27,350Free
    I had the event in Portuguese on TV but I turned that off and bought the PPV because I wanted to hear Joe Rogan's commentary during the biggest fight of the year.

I was with my older brother who's a Silva fan and when Silva got KTFO I was soo happy but didn't express my emotions because he was so bummed out LOOL.

What an event!
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free
    I was at my ninjas house, funny stuff, he was gotten too
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner

I had the event in Portuguese on TV but I turned that off and bought the PPV because I wanted to hear Joe Rogan's commentary during the biggest fight of the year.

I was with my older brother who's a Silva fan and when Silva got KTFO I was soo happy but didn't express my emotions because he was so bummed out LOOL.

What an event!

Good call. Gotta have Rogan's voice and commentary. I barely remember what he said when Weidman knocked him out.

My friend really wanted Silva to win too. But he was just mind blown. He didn't even know what to do. He doesn't watch much UFC so he didn't know who Chris Weidman was. I was stoked more because Weidman won than Silva lost.
    WW - Hendricks, Condit, Robbie Lawler, Brian Foster, Erick Silva, Hyun Gyu Lim, Thatch, Sean Spencer
    FW - Conor McGregor, Korean Zombie, Frankie, Poirier, Charles Oliveria, Rony Jason
    WBW - Cat Zingano

What an event!

Good call. Gotta have Rogan's voice and commentary. I barely remember what he said when Weidman knocked him out.

My friend really wanted Silva to win too. But he was just mind blown. He didn't even know what to do. He doesn't watch much UFC so he didn't know who Chris Weidman was. I was stoked more because Weidman won than Silva lost.
    Actually I just went back and watched it again to hear everything, because when you're focused on the fight you don't hear much. I didn't even remember what Weidman said in the post-fight interview

What an event!

Actually I just went back and watched it again to hear everything, because when you're focused on the fight you don't hear much. I didn't even remember what Weidman said in the post-fight interview
    Exactly. I forgot how they reacted and what Weidman said in his interview also. I wanna see how Weidman's corner reacted also if you can see them. I love watching the corner's reaction
    WBW - Cat Zingano
    Yeah, the crowd also went crazy right after the stoppage
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 963Free
    I was watching the PPV at BWW's, where I proceeded to get blistering drunk celebrating the end of an era, along with my profound ability to wrongly predict the outcome of certain fights.
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,823Free
    Hayden512 said:

I seriously wish I had a camera in my living room to record what happend. Would probably get a **** ton of hits on YouTube. I seriously blacked on from the point of the knockout to the strapping of the belt. My uncles were pretty much mosh pitting in the corner while I ran around like a chicken with its head cut off. I don't remember but I must've cracked my hip because I woke up sore as **** today win a huge bruise.

It was funny, I was trying to post on here after the fight and my brother was making fun if me because of how bad my hands were shaking.

My dad is an MMA fan because I'm an MMA fan but he said prior to the fight that this is the most nervous he had been for a fight. Watching him get that into it was cool.

I'll never forget last night. It still doesn't feel real. My grandma is living with us at the moment and came downstairs because she thought we were being killed.

Hahahaha! That's great! It was pretty quiet at my house. Everybody was stunned.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    I was watching the fight with my Dad, we enjoyed when Silva started mocking him, but when he got KTFO I was like " omg how could this happen ", and my father: " He is so goddamn stupid, why did he play....", was mad and stuff, made me laugh.
  • 12er12er Posts: 10,886Free
  • Hayden512Hayden512 Posts: 2,580Elite
    12er said:

I've been rewatching this all day, it doesn't lose its appeal.

I've watched it three times today. Once with my grandma... Lol.
    I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

• TigerChampTigerChamp Nicolas CagePosts: 3,631Free
    I was stuck at my work having a pretty **** day, just boring, not much happening.

On my phone checking shiz out on th Interwebz when i saw a comment from a friend on a news feed "ANDERSON JUST GOT KTFO!!!!"

Naturally I thought this was a G up, laughed and proceeded to check here...

I kinda freaked out abit, I dont usually try to predict fight outcomes unless one of my boys is on, not a big fan of Anderson but he is the undisputed GOAT, so you don't bet against him, you just don't, but I had a feeling Weidman had a shot.

I was pacing round my shop in shock I guess, no one to talk too. Got home and watched it and it was just one of the most epic moments as an MMA fan I can think of. Even today I was still abit spun out by it all.

I am glad it happened though as it totally changes the MW landscape.

Check out the trophy wall http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147934/forum-trophy-wall#latest
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,879Free
    Sitting in the shed with my Dad and brother-in-law (whose a massive Silva fan) had the fire cranking, drinking some beer.

KO happens.

My brother in law was in a state of shock. Dad says to him "Dance for dough, but KO's win the show"

hahaha
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • uddasideuddaside Posts: 1,786Free
    edited July 2013
    I got a text on sunday morning asking if I'd seen the fight, I said "no" they said "Ahahahahahahahahahaha watch it now!". I thought argh **** what's happened now. So I started to watch the fight and was rooting for Silva then came the KO and I was like......

Post edited by uddaside on
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    Awesome guys.....good stories and thanks for keeping it clean. Oh and BTW....thanks for leaving GSP outta this, LOL.
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,640Free
    I was at a little mom-n-pop sports bar with my girlfriend and a friend from work. I high-fived my friend from work in utter joy because we both hate Silva's arrogance. My girlfriend just shook her head and didn't say anything, since she seems to be a fan of all the black fighters (she's black, so I guess that make sense... sort of).