just watched silva vs weidman

JonBonesJonesFanJonBonesJonesFan Posts: 13,388Free
I lol'd at the fight. at first I thought it was going to be another chael sonnen vs silva and then weidman tried for that sub and I thought that made it a bit more interesting. then from that point on I thought it was going to be another maia vs silva and I started to get disappointed. then silva got floored.

props to weidman for connecting in the first place and for connecting hard at that. I think people instinctively start winging shots at anderson when he starts doing that stuff but looked like weidman timed his shots and got his distance set after the first round. then in the second round rather than just rushing him he waited for the right moment and jared him.

I didn't neccessarily like the stoppage as I was wanting to see weidman/munoz stuff.

This is coming from a weidman hater (been hatin him since weidman/maia) and a silva fan
The GOAT Rain_Wizard slapped the taste out of my mouth.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds

Comments

• Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    Nice analysis. I liked how weidman lulled him to sleep and attacked vitor style and even matrixed him in the first round silva style.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,841Free
    Did you have the sound on or off?
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • JonBonesJonesFanJonBonesJonesFan Posts: 13,388Free
    WarWest said:

Did you have the sound on or off?

on... unfortunately.

LyGOATo MachiGOD and Go to Guy made Gegard Mousasi and me their wife for five rounds
    LoLoLoLoLoL

With the sound on, what a ****
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    WarWest said:

LoLoLoLoLoL

lol. freakin Joe Rogan...

WarWest said:

LoLoLoLoLoL

lol. freakin Joe Rogan...
    Lmao
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,627Free
    i watched the end of the fight at least 25 times. I still can't believe how stupid one single person can be! Never, NEVER, NEEEEVER go FULL RETARD in a MMA FIGHT, he did a great job with his taunts in the first... but in the second it was too early and weidman was too fresh and BOOOOM... great combination by Weidman btw... he clipped him good!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,654Free
    After Weidman took him down that easily it was obvious it wouldn't be a Maia/Silva type fight.
  • kapstkapst ChicagolandPosts: 2,660Free

After Weidman took him down that easily it was obvious it wouldn't be a Maia/Silva type fight.

Exactly. Yes, Silva's clowning was a bit excessive, but people are completely ignoring the fact that Weidman's performance in Rd 1 is what forced Silva into that type of gameplan out of desperation.

• MIRKO_CRO_COPMIRKO_CRO_COP Posts: 9,345Free
    i wonder why weidman didn't shoot in the second..

This is why

Lmao
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
    I admit I was a bit sad watching silva lose. I'd rather see Silva fight some cans than lose again.

Silva vs Bonnar 2
    Silva vs Griffin 2
    Silva vs Irvin 2
    etc

• 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,062Free
    edited July 2013

I admit I was a bit sad watching silva lose. I'd rather see Silva fight some cans than lose again.

Silva vs Bonnar 2
    Silva vs Griffin 2
    Silva vs Irvin 2
    etc

@keem

I called these dudes gate keepers yesterday and keem didn't take to kindly to that.
    Post edited by 12er on
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    12er said:

Silva vs Bonnar 2
    Silva vs Griffin 2
    Silva vs Irvin 2
    etc

@keem

I called these dudes gate keepers yesterday and keem didn't take to kindly to that.
    I didn't mean to come off unkindly

I forget I can't sound like how I would in an actual convo
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • Kevbo_JonesKevbo_Jones Posts: 15,744Free

He tried and got sprawled. Then Silva went full retard and got caught...

• cruz2990cruz2990 MexicoPosts: 8,119Free
    Silva will beat him in the rematch....... B-)
    __________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sigbet record: 50 - 4

• 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,062Free
    Keem said:

12er said:

Silva vs Bonnar 2
    Silva vs Griffin 2
    Silva vs Irvin 2
    etc

@keem

I'm just breaking your balls dude
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
    12er said:

Keem said:

12er said:

Silva vs Bonnar 2
    Silva vs Griffin 2
    Silva vs Irvin 2
    etc

@keem

I'm just breaking your balls dude
    That sounds pretty painful.

• BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free

I lol'd at the fight. at first I thought it was going to be another chael sonnen vs silva and then weidman tried for that sub and I thought that made it a bit more interesting. then from that point on I thought it was going to be another maia vs silva and I started to get disappointed. then silva got floored.

props to weidman for connecting in the first place and for connecting hard at that. I think people instinctively start winging shots at anderson when he starts doing that stuff but looked like weidman timed his shots and got his distance set after the first round. then in the second round rather than just rushing him he waited for the right moment and jared him.

I didn't neccessarily like the stoppage as I was wanting to see weidman/munoz stuff.

This is coming from a weidman hater (been hatin him since weidman/maia) and a silva fan

So tell me now, do you want to see Weidman beat as well ?
    Banutu said:

Of course he does! Thats pretty much implied when he labeled himself a Weidman hater...

Banutu said:

it's not that I necessarily want weidman to be beaten. I just don't really care for the guy you know? good fighter and will be a good champion I just don't know.

I think I'd rather see ViJesustor BelfoTrt as MW champ.

Banutu said:

Of course he does! Thats pretty much implied when he labeled himself a Weidman hater...
    eh not really. just don't really care for the guy.

• JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    cruz2990 said:

Silva will beat him in the rematch....... B-)

you won't be here for the rematch, you'll be gone after JDS KO's Cain again.

This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.