Jon Jones " i was wrong, chris weidman fought a beautiful fight."

12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,060Free
https://mobile.twitter.com/JonnyBones/status/354261352010878977

This should be interesting because a lot of the delusional Silva fans making excuses are also Jones nuthuggers on the side.

Discuss.
If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer

Comments

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,618Free
    I was waiting for his reaction...
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• IdentityIdentity Posts: 7,019Free
    Jones just caught himself a break
  • 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,060Free
    And heres jack slack explaining how doubling up on the right hand set Silva up to get ko'd by the left hook. A weakness in silvas style that he had pointed out the week before the fight.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1695987-ufc-162-how-chris-weidman-killed-the-king
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer

how is that relevant? of course Weidman did fight a beautiful fight. does anyone says the opposite?

Yeah your sig says otherwise

Fix ;)
    edited July 2013

how is that relevant? of course Weidman did fight a beautiful fight. does anyone says the opposite?

Yes. Specifically everyone stating that Silva's cockiness cost him the fight. Everyone stating Silva will win the rematch if he "tries", everyone stating the fight was fixed or Silva took a dive because he's sick of defending the title.

Are you trolling me son?

Edit: check this thread son

http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147364/should-silva-be-kicked-out#latest

Frozen, an admittedly butt hurt Silva fan is in disbeleif about this **** right here ^
    Post edited by 12er on

GOATer
  • Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    Jones picking his words very wisely, smart move. He knows better than to say anything bad about the WeidGoat.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,324Free
    I saw he posted "this sucks" after the fight. Must have removed it because i don't see it now. He wanted to be the one to beat Silva.
  • BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    That kid should take notice and stop copy Anderson Silva by letting his guard down, cause this is serious and he might get KTFO as well at some point.

I saw he posted "this sucks" after the fight. Must have removed it because i don't see it now. He wanted to be the one to beat Silva.

Yea after stomping chael and seeing him exposed by weidman, Jon just realized he missed out on the easiest few million of his life.

GOATer
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    edited July 2013
    lets be realistic here,

silvas mind games had worked on weidman in the first and his gameplan had gone out of the window, silva whislt not throwing much had started to get in his rhythm. weidmans striking looked decent in the fight but not overly impressive it was a matter of time and i beleive that after the first round most assumed anderson would take control. anderson took clowning to a new level in the 2nd and got knocked out by a nice flurry. weidman wins but not in overly impressive style and he didnt do anything before that punch to me that warrents him fighting a beautiful fight. lets face it weidman forgot his gameplan and went blow for blow with silva and on any other night that would have been the dumbest thing you could possily do in mma.

weidman won via a quick thinking combo and silvas overtly cocky nature against a fighter with ko power.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

PunchBag said:

lets be realistic here,

silvas mind games had worked on weidman in the first and his gameplan had gone out of the window, silva whislt not throwing much had started to get in his rhythm. weidmans striking looked decent in the fight but not overly impressive it was a matter of time and i beleive that after the first round most assumed anderson would take control. anderson took clowning to a new level in the 2nd and got knocked out by a nice flurry. weidman wins but not in overly impressive style and he didnt do anything before that punch to me that warrents him fighting a beautiful fight. lets face it weidman forgot his gameplan and went blow for blow with silva and on any other night that would have been the dumbest thing you could possily do in mma.

The fact that he had the presence of mind to double up on his punches and lead Silva into the left hook shows that he wasn't just trying to brawl. They had a plan for if it didn't hit the ground, his coaches noticed a pattern in his movements they could exploit and it worked.

Silva has been breaking fundamental rules of striking for a long time due to a lack of boxing IQ of his opponents and this time it cost him.

GOATer
    edited July 2013
    silva had his hands down his eyes closed he weaved left then right paying no attention really to weidman and treating him like a complete chump. turned out weidman isnt a chump and he doubled up on his left jab, i mean sure it was nice but that doesnt mean he faught a beautiful fight because he used common sense.

silva underestimated weidmans striking game simple as that.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

Nothing beautiful about it. Weidman caught Anderson and it's not like he out fought him.

Serious Anderson would of destroyed him
    PunchBag said:

silva had his hands down his eyes closed he weaved left then right paying no attention really to weidman and treating him like a complete chump. turned out weidman isnt a chump and he doubled up on his left jab, i mean sure it was nice but that doesnt mean he faught a beautiful fight because he used common sense.

He didn't double up on a left jab. He threw a normal right cross then threw another one like a Jab and that threw Silva off and made him go limbo to avoid it then he stepped in with a corkscrew like left hook.

he wanted to be the one to beat silva without fighting him?
    No he said "this sucks" meaning he was hoping Silva would win so they could build up the super fight. He wanted to be the first to defeat Silva in UFC.
    after seeing how easily weidman took silva down no doubt jones would have been the first to beat him
    "Believe in the beard"

PunchBag said:

Silva keeps his hands down to defend the take down. If he keeps his hands up next fight he's getting double legged at will.

GOATer
    edited July 2013
    12er said:

PunchBag said:

Silva keeps his hands down to defend the take down. If he keeps his hands up next fight he's getting double legged at will.
    That's definitely a part of his strategy. Easier to get an underhook and sprawl with your hands down but he still won't be that easy to takedown because next time he'll rely on footwork to keep distance instead of goading, letting Weidman land slow pawing jabs and playing gumby limbo against combinations.

I was actually surprised Anderson didn't meet that first shoot with a knee because Weidman did shoot pretty low and it was there but he disguised it well with a punching sort of movement and closed really fast still he was open for it for a split second.
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,618Free
    edited July 2013
    Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    JBJ was actually bummed out, Dana White just told JBJ that he lost a zillion dollars, congrats! JBJ would have taken the fight and would have DESTROYED Silva and walked away a billionaire.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Weidman is 1000x a better representative of a title holder,he is an all around better person,that is why i saw it in the stars that Weidman woudl win,he was meant to beat the bum Silva.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • MGunMGun GOATPosts: 3,140Free
    ThePack19 said:

JBJ was actually bummed out, Dana White just told JBJ that he lost a zillion dollars, congrats! JBJ would have taken the fight and would have DESTROYED Silva and walked away a billionaire.

lol in your dreams buddy
  • DoomPatrolDoomPatrol Posts: 745Free
    ThePack19 said:

It´s a win/win situation!
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    MilesGun said:

ThePack19 said:

lol in your dreams buddy
    LOL...We gonna sig bet this one too?

:D
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,379Free
    anderson silva fans are not jones nuthuggers...

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

A lot of them are, like Cruz and doctor obviously.

Then again that may have more to do with d riding all the champs.

GOATer
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,379Free
    12er said:

pretty much just them 2

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

12er said:

pretty much just them 2
    I never said all Silva fans.

GOATer