Anderson Silva Just Didn't Want to Be Champ Anymore

Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free
edited July 2013 in UFC
Hear me out guys before you troll me. :)

So leading up to the fight, there was a lot of fishiness going on.

Important...Watch this: http://www.mmamania.com/2013/7/8/4503372/video-of-ufc-162-fix-rumors-anderson-silvas-pre-fight-prediction-interview-chris-weidman-mma

That was proof Silva was tired of being champ. And already said what he said after the fight, but in the video, it was before the fight. Listen at the very end of the interview especially. He wanted Weidman to be champ. Hmmm...

Then, it was the first time he let his opponent hold the belt. Way of "passing the torch?"

Other points to make:

Silva was not upset at all. Doesn't even want a rematch. I would think any other MMA fighter would want the opposite.

Usually when Silva would drop his hands and wait for the opponent to punch, he'd want to counter. There wasn't much countering going on, especially right before the KO.

Silva was already saying Weidman is the best and he was tired of the things that come with being champ.

Some have said, well if he threw the fight, why didn't he tap to the leglock. 1--It wasn't secure. 2. Silva already lost like that. 3. Maybe Silva wanted Weidman to look like the better fighter.

If Silva would have won, there was a possibilty of facing Jon Jones. We all know Silva doesn't want to face Jones even if he's said otherwise. The Jones he wants to face is Roy. I think he cares more about boxing Roy Jones Jr than defending the belt.

So, think about what I said, give feedback, be logical. I don't think the fight was fixed, but I do think Anderson had ulterior motives.

Discuss. :)

PS--Props to Weidman for capitalizing. Anyone else would have I believe.
Post edited by Doctor_Obviously on

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doctor...15684498441639

Comments

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,150Free
    I kind of think he felt Chris is the kind of opponent that can give him problems so he just wanted to put on a show win, lose or draw and so be it whatever the result but he didn't expect getting KTFO. His demeanor leading up to the fight was a little unusual with him talking about his focus on setting an example win lose or draw almost sounding defeated and playing up to Weidman then saying he thinks he could lose to Jones and then letting Chris hold the belt then after the fight being tired of defending the belt, all the attention, media and the pressure of everyone always telling him he's the greatest, superfight talk, fans booing and misunderstanding him i think all of that was getting to him. He's being pulled in a thousand different directions and im sure it's tough being in his shoes.

There was also something about the whole thing like he knew something everyone else didn't like he didn't have a good camp and doubted he was in the shape he needed to be for this fight but i figured it was all mind games.
  • KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free

Should have just retired then

I don't think it's the same when you have the belt
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    Ya, that must be it, and that kiss at the end of the first round, you could add that as something fishy like " don't worry bro, it'll be fine "

Come on doc, Weidman squashed this guy, ever since I saw that Maia fight Silva angered me so much that I wanted something like this to happen, and I'm happy it put out a lesson out there.
  • 12er12er Posts: 10,731Free

12er is turning heel to save the forum

He knows the forum is on life support, with GSP gone, the hate is lacking.

12er's the hero The UFC Fight Club deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. An Iron Jimmie - Carnages41

• _Spartan_Spartan Posts: 383Free
    no anderson silva didnt want to fight legit fighters anymore just hand picked scrubs like stephon bonnar
    _Spartan said:

no anderson silva didnt want to fight legit fighters anymore just hand picked scrubs like stephon bonnar

Really, guy?
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
  • Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,795Moderator, Ultimate
    Keem said:

Should have just retired then

I don't think it's the same when you have the belt
    So instead he tarnishes himself by that showboating crap?

Too many fighters push the limit of how long they can go then fall hard.

I would not be surprised if Anderson has a Liddell-esque road after chuck lost to rampage in the ufc
    imageimage
  • OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,016Free
    edited July 2013
    it's right there in front of us. The best hidden messages aren't hidden at all.

'ANDERSON KNOWS'

even in the walk out I caught that shirt like hang on wtf is going on here. What does he know? Wedman goes to touch gloves and Anderson bows like he's handing over the torch?

Fishie fish gonna fish.

slightly off topic, I hope the Hawaian victory motivates Penn to make Hawaii the new Brazil of MMA
    Post edited by Ozpride on

ANZAC like a boss

Sig Bet Record 34W 10L 1D

• ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    Doc......seriously??........ok......let me have a moment to collect myself....... =))
    PATSTER said:

So instead of retiring, he purposely got KO'd ....

He never seemed to care too much about getting hit

Anderson is weird like that

Megumi Fuji

• DoomPatrolDoomPatrol Posts: 741Free
    He was doing what he always does (in and out of the ring) and Weidman had him figured out. Nothing fishy.
  • amuneraamunera Posts: 1,899Free
    LOL if he did not want to be champ he could have forfeited the belt or something like that, not embarrassingly getting KOed while taunting an opponent.
    Fighter Picks League 4 Champion
    Fav:
    HW: JDS/Nelson LHW: Evans WW: Maia/Sanchez LW: Miller/J-Lau FW:Siver BW TBA FlW: Benavidez

• MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free
    He didn't want to be the champ anymore, but he also didn't want to take a dive or retire.

Weidman beat him legit, but now Andy is pretty relieved about not having to be the godly Anderson Silva anymore and doesn't want to fight for titles.
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • CoreyAustCoreyAust Posts: 233Free
    Thats pretty much what I have been thinking.. He was just swaying the whole fight and throwing a kick here and there. Didnt even look like he wanted to win.. but why keep doing it when you've beaten nearly every record in the UFC
    Lyoto Machida, Robert Whittaker, Junior dos Santos, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Mark Hunt, Dylan Andrews, Vitor Belfort, Jose Aldo, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Matt Brown, BJ Penn.
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,277Free
    srs post

seems like he just lost the drive, didnt take the fight serious and completely underestimated weidman

post fight it looked like he was fighting tears, he was upset its probably hitting him now, hopefully he returns with fire.

weidman deserves all the credit for koing silva though, silva thought he was invincible and it finally caught up to him

maybe we see 2008 silva in his next fight, that or he will continue to try to pull the same **** and end up getting put to sleep again.

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

I am an idiot for thinking GSP would finish a fight. GSP has a boyfriend and his name is IRT

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,277Free
    edited July 2013

1:46 looks like he wants to cry :(
    Post edited by i_run_this on

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

I am an idiot for thinking GSP would finish a fight. GSP has a boyfriend and his name is IRT

• Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,717Free
    Yea this whole thing was just straight up strange and weird. I don't think the fight was fixed, but I think Anderson wanted to lose. Nothing adds up other then he just wanted to lose. Like actually get knocked out type ish. It seems like he wanted it to happen. So very strange, if he doesn't take the rematch it'll be all but confirmed.
  • Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    Gotta show hespect.
    h5sp.png
    660 x 495 - 485K

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • Doctor_ObviouslyDoctor_Obviously Posts: 18,842Free
    lol....most of you guys are being ignorant ****.

I said there's no need to troll, but kids will be kids.

All I put up there are opinions, some facts. You guys don't need to degrade me just because of that, but once again--little kids will be little kids.

I was just trying to have a discussion.

Note--I will be the first to say Anderson Silva was a **** that got caught in the most embarrassing fashion.....with that being said--all you trolls can STFU.

:)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Doctor...15684498441639

I still think if he did have these intentions he should have just vacated the title, and gone on to fight superfights and big money fights. So he passes the torch to Weidman who truly doesn't deserve it if Anderson made it easy for him you know? Not really the greatest feeling to have that over your head if you're Weidman.
  • WhySoFadedWhySoFaded Posts: 463Free
    What kills me the most is people are acting like Anderson Silva went out there and FOUGHT like he did against Hendo, Franklin, Marquardt, Leben Etc....etc.... What is wrong with people seriously?? I mean Yeah Silva got KO
    Don't agree with my Stupid opinion?? You're a Troll. Awww the UFC Forum way!
  • WhySoFadedWhySoFaded Posts: 463Free
    With that being said that was NOT that Anderson Silva out there OBVIOUSLY. And I'm sorry but EVERYONE(Including the Weidman Fanboyd)
    SAW that Weidman was getting outclassed (Just like EVERYONE ELSE) and got scared that it was only a matter of time before Silva KO'd him and then that
    Don't agree with my Stupid opinion?? You're a Troll. Awww the UFC Forum way!