Dana on JDS/Cain 1: "That fight happened just to f--- up our FOX (debut)."

JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2013/07/white-dominant-velasquez-win-over-dos-santos-could-signal-end-to-rivalry

"I think if Cain wins the fight as impressively as he did the last one, it would be tough to do that fight again,"

He wants into that Mexico market so bad he despises JDS.

Hope JDS throws a monkey wrench into his plans.
This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.

Comments

• AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,068Free
    Bro, Cain is going to finish JDS and his career.
    Boston threw me a god damn beating. DOOMGOAT REIGNS SUPREME
  • JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
    Ameriman said:

Keep telling yourself that, maybe one day you'll believe it.

This^

• wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,354Free
    edited July 2013
    I'm going with JDS KO stupid he wouldn't give him another shot if he loses but he will Cain. :-q
    Post edited by wanderleisilva101 on
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • CaptainSupermanCaptainSuperman Posts: 10,101Free
    I believe Cain wins it.

JDS showed he can catch Cain, but Cain showed he can dominate JDS

I'm going with JDS KO.

Yup, I mean only 80% of his wins are KO's.

This^

• jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    Dana derped here. Real hard. If anything it was Cain's fault

I don't see the importance of having an american champion to get more viewership in mexico.

The path to Latin America is through one American citizen.

This^

jduk said:

Dana derped here. Real hard. If anything it was Cain's fault

Definitely agree on the derp part. He's still butt hurt after two years.

This^

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,196Free

I don't see the importance of having an american champion to get more viewership in mexico.

The path to Latin America is through one American citizen.

I don't see how Romney can make a difference. He's a wrestler and mexico has a proud history of boxers.

• FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,044Free

Ameriman said:

Well I actually do believe it.

Cain destroyed JDS.

So lets look at the facts. When Cain lost he lost due to 1 punch. That could very well be the puncher's chance. The same chance everyone who has decent power has when they face any opponent. The fight lasted 1 minute and we really didn't get to see much. Maybe it was chance, maybe it wasn't.. who knows..

1 thing is sure though, Cain was coming back from a long layoff due to an injury and no1 knew in what condition he would be, how would be his timing, etc.. So yeah, that fight left alot of doubts in many's mind.

I guess that's why the rematch came so quickly. So we could have a 2nd look at what happened when these 2 clashed. And what happened? Well.. JDS got outstruck and although he wasn't finished he got completely mauled. Cain dominated him consistently for 5 rounds. That's a win that demonstrate alot more : it lasted longer, allowing for a trend to settle clearly during the fight, showing that Cain was the most dominant of the 2, AND, none of the 2 fighters were injured that time.

So yeah.. if I gotta pick one of the 2 fights to give me an idea of how competitive their rubber match is going to be, I'll pick the 2nd. And if it goes like the rematch again, then that means JDS loses the rubber match, and loses his chance to potentially fight for the title again for a loooong time, at least as long as Cain is around... So that could very well be the end of his career.

Cain destroyed JDS.

So lets look at the facts. When Cain lost he lost due to 1 punch. That could very well be the puncher's chance. The same chance everyone who has decent power has when they face any opponent. The fight lasted 1 minute and we really didn't get to see much. Maybe it was chance, maybe it wasn't.. who knows..

1 thing is sure though, Cain was coming back from a long layoff due to an injury and no1 knew in what condition he would be, how would be his timing, etc.. So yeah, that fight left alot of doubts in many's mind.

I guess that's why the rematch came so quickly. So we could have a 2nd look at what happened when these 2 clashed. And what happened? Well.. JDS got outstruck and although he wasn't finished he got completely mauled. Cain dominated him consistently for 5 rounds. That's a win that demonstrate alot more : it lasted longer, allowing for a trend to settle clearly during the fight, showing that Cain was the most dominant of the 2, AND, none of the 2 fighters were injured that time.

So yeah.. if I gotta pick one of the 2 fights to give me an idea of how competitive their rubber match is going to be, I'll pick the 2nd. And if it goes like the rematch again, then that means JDS loses the rubber match, and loses his chance to potentially fight for the title again for a loooong time, at least as long as Cain is around... So that could very well be the end of his career.

tl;dr

This^

• CoreyAustCoreyAust Posts: 233Free

Ameriman said:

Cain destroyed JDS.

And JDS had personal problems in the second fight so thats why this is the decider.. btw WAR JDS
    Lyoto Machida, Robert Whittaker, Junior dos Santos, Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira, Mark Hunt, Dylan Andrews, Vitor Belfort, Jose Aldo, Nick Diaz, Nate Diaz, Matt Brown, BJ Penn.
    CoreyAust said:

Ameriman said:

Cain destroyed JDS.

And JDS had personal problems in the second fight so thats why this is the decider.. btw WAR JDS
    Personally, I hate when fighters make excuses. JDS's win was legitimate, as was Cain's. The difference was that Cain completely dominated JDS whereas JDS caught Cain. What are the chances that JDS will be able to plant another perfect punch before Cain is able to implement his pressure attack when JDS couldn't even deal well with Hunt's pressure?
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,804Free

doesnt america have a large lmexican population
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,581Free
    CoreyAust said:

Ameriman said:

Cain destroyed JDS.

You don't think that the loser of the 3rd fight is going to have an excuse? There's always going to be something a fighter will attribute their loss to. Everyone has problems in their life, working through them is part of the game. Nobody's ever going to have a perfect camp, weight cut, personal life and feel 100%.

You don't think that the loser of the 3rd fight is going to have an excuse? There's always going to be something a fighter will attribute their loss to. Everyone has problems in their life, working through them is part of the game. Nobody's ever going to have a perfect camp, weight cut, personal life and feel 100%.

Since when do JDS and Cain cut weight, do you even UFC?

This^

He's just giving an example.