If you were Dana, who would you have Anderson fight next ?

BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
edited July 2013 in UFC
My sincere apologies if I miss someone who you would stack Silva against.

If you were Dana, who would you have Anderson fight next ?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,564Free
    Chris Weidman for rematch
    First of all Repost!

Roy Jones Jr. with boxing rules... NO, i only watch MMA!

Jon Jones superfight/GSP superfight... what superfights? THEY ARE GOOONE!

Michael Bisping... RAPE!

Chris Weidman for rematch...YES, highest PPV Buy rate ever!!!

Vitor Belfort... NO, Unless it's for the title!

Rashad Evans at LHW...NO, makes no sense for both fighters!

Lyoto Machida at LHW....LOLWUT? Why do you think Machida is at LHW and not at MW?

Chael Sonnen III....RAPE III

Glover Teixeira at LHW... NO, but would be Fun!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,874Free
    Where is Diaz?
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    Roy Jones Jr. with boxing rules
    Tahune said:

Where is Diaz?

he's probably still chasing Carlos Condit
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,048Premium
    edited July 2013
    If I were Dana?

Definitely not rjj. He costs $7 mil lmao. I wouldn't try to cash in on super fights right now after the loss, also there's no point throwing him with Sonnen again. I'd want the Weidman rematch, but I'd want Anderson to earn it. I say Jacare, or someone also who looks promising at 185, winner gets Vitor / Weidman winner.

You best believe if Anderson regains that title GSP is next.
    Post edited by the_enigma on
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,048Premium
    Actually yes I'd LOVE to see Nick fight Silva right now. Much like Hunt wanted JDS and got him once he lost the belt, Nick should fight Silva now.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,580Free
    The Nick Diaz fight could actually work now. Not that I'd expect it to be competitive but it's there and it's big money.
  • AcedaddyAcedaddy Posts: 561Free
    If I were Dana, you damn right rematch! To see if Anderson would lose again if he fought with aggression. The money that fight would make would be crazy. I bet the fighters blow up Dana's phone to get on that card. The bonuses would be high dollar. The fight wouldn't do nowhere near as good if Weidman lost the title before the rematch. Of course if I were Dana rematch but let's leave it to Silva. He may be serious about being tired of being the champ which in that case, Dana should encourage him to retire. No fighter should be in the UFC if their goal isn't to be champ. Everyone will have to simply wait to see if Anderson was serious & then has one of those cases Don't know what you got til it's gone. If there is a rematch, I only hope Silva does it because it eats him up inside & not for the money. I want to see a determined Silva fight a determined Weidman for the title, Not a I'll rematch Weidman for the money & as a favor to Dana White & the UFC. If the rematch doesn't happen, Weidman vs Belfort is the most logical first title defense for Weidman.
    Even the best have their time to fall.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,220Free
    Vitor Belfort
    Give Vitor a rematch with him.

Winner gets a title shot.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• Little_KangLittle_Kang Posts: 17,797Moderator, Ultimate
    Jon Jones superfight
    Jones. Start using andy for superfights to cash in
    imageimage
  • WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,707Free
    Nicholas Diaz
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free
    PATSTER said:

Drew McFedries

They need to bring back the Fed Dogg
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,636Free
    Michael Bisping
    I'd love to see him fight Bisping, just 'cause!
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,240Free
    Rematch with Chris Leben obviously
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Weidman rematch.

• ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    Vitor Belfort
    It wasn't a questionable UD....he got KTFO.......so did Vitor by Silva......so Silva vs Vitor for title. I believe Vitor will steamroll Silva now.
  • skullboneskullbone Posts: 1,954Free
    Michael Bisping
    I'd let Anderson have an easy tune up fight and give everybody else at MW a chance to be champion for a year before Anderson contends for the title again. I feel Weidman would most likely lose to Vitor or Chael and maybe to both. Then Anderson could rematch Weidman after Weidman loses the title for a new #1 contender spot. After that, Anderson moves up to face one of his old foes, Vitor or Chael, for the MW title again.
  • AcedaddyAcedaddy Posts: 561Free

skullbone said:

I'd let Anderson have an easy tune up fight and give everybody else at MW a chance to be champion for a year before Anderson contends for the title again. I feel Weidman would most likely lose to Vitor or Chael and maybe to both. Then Anderson could rematch Weidman after Weidman loses the title for a new #1 contender spot. After that, Anderson moves up to face one of his old foes, Vitor or Chael, for the MW title again.

If Weidman loses the title, the rematch will not make no where near the money. Dana is most definately looking at it like this.... Weidman gave Silva his first UFC loss. If Silva wins the rematch, Silva gives Weidman HIS first UFC loss which will turn into a future trilogy. If Dana is smart, he would make that happen & 2 guys whose only losses is from each other will open a rubber match! Money in the bank for UFC.

Even the best have their time to fall.
  • mutharashamutharasha Posts: 696Free
    Rashad Evans at LHW
    Rashad should drop to MW and fight Andy. Lots and lots of interest in that one
    #StillRallyingForMarkHunt

UFC 160 = the night Kiwis will fly.

The Kuddles Krew yo - Vitor ''The Phenom'' Belfort, Chael Sonnen, TJ Dillashaw, Frankie ''The Answer'' Edgar, Pat ''HD'' Barry, Erik Perez, Darrell Montague, Robert Drysdale, Charles ''Do Bronx'' Oliveira, Thiago Silva

FABIO!

Survivor Series 1 Runner Up (boy crie :'((((((((( )

• liquid2metalliquid2metal Posts: 306Free
    Moussasi so he can get Babalu'd
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our Fedor in heaven, hallowed be your sambo, your combos come. Your Kimora be done on the street, as it is in the ring. Give us today our daily sparring, and forgive us the overtraining we have done as we forgive those who knock us out. Subject us not to the trial but deliver us from Werdum. Remember that Fedor got triangled for your sins...

- Fedor - Roy Nelson - Lyoto Machida - Glover Texeira - Chael Sonnen - Nick Diaz - Carlos Condit -
    - Tarec Saffiedine - Nate Diaz - Gilbert Melendez - Frankie Edgar - Anthony Pettis - Ricardo Lamas -

Train by day, piss-off Shannon & Pack by night! All day!
  • classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,820Free

If I were Dana?

Definitely not rjj. He costs $7 mil lmao. I wouldn't try to cash in on super fights right now after the loss, also there's no point throwing him with Sonnen again. I'd want the Weidman rematch, but I'd want Anderson to earn it. I say Jacare, or someone also who looks promising at 185, winner gets Vitor / Weidman winner.

You best believe if Anderson regains that title GSP is next.

I like this. In the classic days of boxing this type of match making was common. Two great fights, with the winners meeting later.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • YerboYerbo Posts: 2,515Free
    Whoever the #2 contender is. If he beats him he fights the champ after that.

Jones. Start using andy for superfights to cash in

Not so sure a guy who isn't even a champ, especially one who just got KTFO, deserves to be in a "Superfight"
    Acedaddy said:

skullbone said:

If Weidman loses the title, the rematch will not make no where near the money. Dana is most definately looking at it like this.... Weidman gave Silva his first UFC loss. If Silva wins the rematch, Silva gives Weidman HIS first UFC loss which will turn into a future trilogy. If Dana is smart, he would make that happen & 2 guys whose only losses is from each other will open a rubber match! Money in the bank for UFC.

So you are more interested in how much money the UFC makes than in the integrity of the sport??
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,793Free
    i would have silva fight mousasi and weidman fight belfort, make silva suffer for acting like a complete tard in the cotagon just a little longer to make sure he doesnt do it again
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

Vitor Belfort
    PunchBag said:

i would have silva fight mousasi and weidman fight belfort, make silva suffer for acting like a complete tard in the cotagon just a little longer to make sure he doesnt do it again

In no way, does Mousasi deserve a fight with Anderson Silva.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

why not? anderson just lost mousasi just won and has an impressive record and is a guy silva hasnt fought before. the problem with mous is you give him an easy fight and hes going to coast it.
    "Believe in the beard"

edited July 2013
    Vitor Belfort
    I don't think he deserves it because he has zero wins in the UFC middle weight division. Guys that have been putting work in, in that division should get a shot at Silva first.

That is if Silva is even going to fight any other MW's besides Weidman, again.
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

edited July 2013
    i doubt any of them would want to fight silva when silva has no belt, its just going to result in losing your chance at the title, i mean beating silva would get you a title shot but then beating weidman as well?
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"

Vitor Belfort
    PunchBag said:

i doubt any of them would want to fight silva when silva has no belt, its just going to result in losing your chance at the title, i mean beating silva would get you a title shot but then beating weidman as well?

You're still under the impression that Anderson Silva in unbeatable?

If those guys looking for a title shot at MW were told they needed to fight Anderson Silva to get there I can see three different choices being made:

1) Take the fight because they have a goal set to get the MW belt.
    2) Decide not to take the fight due to fear of losing and just look for another paycheck.
    3) Switch weight classes.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4