Weidman: ‘Silva Felt My Power And Knew He Couldn’t Hurt Me’

JDS_over_REEMJDS_over_REEM <This.Posts: 3,285Free
edited July 2013 in UFC
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-ufc-chris-weidman-anderson-silva-20130709,0,5964746.story
http://www.bjpenn.com/weidman-silva-felt-my-power-and-knew-he-couldnt-hurt-me/

“He had felt my power and knew I was way more powerful than him, and he realized he couldn’t hurt me with anything he was going to do,” Weidman said Tuesday.

“I was in there right away trying to finish him, I don’t think he’s used to that."

“I didn’t really care where the fight went. I went for a kneebar and knew there was a risk of the guy getting back to his feet if I couldn’t finish. I either wanted to submit him on the floor or knock him out.”

“I threw my forehead on his fists a few times, to let him know I wasn’t scared – ‘Give me your best shot, I’ll eat it."

“He was trying to get me to freeze up, make me feel like I didn’t belong in the cage with him.”

Finally, Weidman ended the antics, concluding, “I’m coming after you now.”

Weidman said he enjoyed a lunch with White Monday that is due to be followed by a substantial financial bonus -- “Let’s just say I’m happy to be part of the UFC,” Weidman said.

Weidman said he is “1,000% sure” it will be the next fight for both men because it’s too lucrative “and because the UFC wants it to happen.”
Post edited by JDS_over_REEM on
This^

thank you @Tiger_Champion for the JoR tags.

Comments

• 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,062Free
    I'm pumped for the rematch.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    silva hardly threw anything, to say silva cant hurt me is ignorant he can undoubtedly hurt anyone, he even hurt jds in training
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• classicboxerclassicboxer Posts: 11,848Free
    PunchBag said:

silva hardly threw anything, to say silva cant hurt me is ignorant he can undoubtedly hurt anyone, he even hurt jds in training

Everything happens in training, but it's rarely repeated in a real fight.
    Oakland, CA: Raiders, A's, Warriors
  • FuriousmatFuriousmat Posts: 4,047Free
    wow lol... what a clown. So he really doesn't know Silva was playing with him right..

This is what I don't understand. I keep reading stuff like "Props to Weidman for not playing in Silva's game" or "Good for Weidman he stayed composed and capitalized on the situation".

I mean.. All I would say is "good for him, he managed to land that punch". Cuz other than that, to claim that he didn't play in Silva's game or that he "stayed composed" is so dumb. The guy stopped trying to take Silva down, and he decided to strike with him instead of sticking to his gameplan.

Weidman did NOT stay composed and he did NOT fight smart. He was thrown out of his gameplan exactly like his opponent wanted, except that he landed a bomb on a guy trying to play Neo instead of fighting.

If he really thinks Silva can't hurt him he's really super retarded.
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 975Free
    Everybody talks about how Silva will handle the loss, but I haven't heard much about how Weidman will handle the win. He accomplished more in that fight than most fighters ever will. For his sake, I hope it doesn't go to his head. If he goes into the rematch thinking he should stand with Anderson or that Silva "can't hurt him", he'll get KTFO.
  • IdentityIdentity Posts: 7,019Free
    He is an average fighter

I wanted the next MW champ to be able to go further then Anderson

Will not happen

• IdentityIdentity Posts: 7,019Free

Identity said:

He is an average fighter

Will not happen

Doesn't say much about Anderson if he's getting laid out by average fighters.
    It's what happens when you fight at 10%

50% Anderson would absolutely destroy him
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    LOL....The butthurt must have caused some tears to fill in their eyes causing blurriness or blindness because Silva did land some shots on Weidman, even a head kick......but Weidman kept moving forward.
  • MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,386Free
    This Weidman guy is delusional. Silva was playing with him. There's no one on earth that wouldn't come to that conflusion. Silva wasn't acting like a **** because "he couldn't handle" Weidman's power, but because he thought his opponent was a joke. Well, Silva got deservedly knocked out for his antics. But, from what everybody saw (admit it, Weidman fans,) Silva is the far superior fighter.
    Member of the People's Freedom Movement

• Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 975Free
    If you play with fire long enough, you'll get burned.

Weidman did it for nearly a round with Silva. Anderson did it for seven years before it caught up to him.

If Weidman plays Silva's game again, the odds are in Anderson's favor by a landslide.
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    You only need to hit the jaw or head right to get a KO,you don't need a ton of power.Weidman definitely had the right approach,the best defense is a solid offense,push him and don't allow him to counter or react.However imo Weidman was a tad careless in that Silva did manage to counter a few times,he just missed.IMO if Silvca was able to counter,those are the times Weidman should look to take him down and/or cover up the face but instead he chose to move forward and swing,obviously it worked because Silva was not used to it or expecting it.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • Solid_SnakeSolid_Snake Posts: 11,789Moderator, Ultimate

wow lol... what a clown. So he really doesn't know Silva was playing with him right..

This is what I don't understand. I keep reading stuff like "Props to Weidman for not playing in Silva's game" or "Good for Weidman he stayed composed and capitalized on the situation".

I mean.. All I would say is "good for him, he managed to land that punch". Cuz other than that, to claim that he didn't play in Silva's game or that he "stayed composed" is so dumb. The guy stopped trying to take Silva down, and he decided to strike with him instead of sticking to his gameplan.

Weidman did NOT stay composed and he did NOT fight smart. He was thrown out of his gameplan exactly like his opponent wanted, except that he landed a bomb on a guy trying to play Neo instead of fighting.

If he really thinks Silva can't hurt him he's really super retarded.

He absolutely stayed composed.lol He didn't didn't get sloppy out of anger like so many before him. He took Silva down and showed he's much better then Silva on the ground. Silva started putting his hands down, as usual, which sets up his counter strikes but also helps his takedown defense.

If Silva comes out and goes at Weidman 100%, he'll end up on his back again.
    GSP MAFIA

Leonie fan since day one....No questions asked.

The Funny Thread

http://forums.ufc.production.sparkar
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free

Identity said:

He is an average fighter

Will not happen

anyone can get caught and put to sleep, a good punch dosent mean the fighter is great

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,654Free
    fobar said:

Identity said:

He is an average fighter

Will not happen

anyone can get caught and put to sleep, a good punch dosent mean the fighter is great
    Chris Weidman can't, he's invincible
  • ijosefijosef Posts: 1,645Free
    Identity said:

Identity said:

He is an average fighter

Will not happen

It's what happens when you fight at 10%

50% Anderson would absolutely destroy him
    Anderson was fighting at 100%, sad to say. The Anderson that fought Chris Weidman was the same Anderson that destroyed Bonnar, Griffin, Okami, Belfort, and managed to come back and win against Sonnen. If Anderson's matrix-style antics had worked again and he was able to KO Weidman last Saturday, everyone would be saying how he's still the best in the world and shows no signs of age or slowing down. Silva just ended up on the wrong end of a left hook and got dropped this time. He won't make that mistake again and I think he's a favorite to beat Weidman in a rematch, but the idea that he wasn't trying or giving it his best in that fight is complete garbage.

Everyone can be beat on any given night. No need to try and rationalize Anderson's loss by saying he wasn't 100%, didn't want to fight for the belt anymore, etc. None of it is true.
  • TeemuSelanneTeemuSelanne Posts: 940Free
    Do we really have to watch these cans fight again? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,625Free
    Weidman = the future

Silva's a senior citizen ffs and will never beat the WEIDGOAT no matter how "seriously" he takes the fight.

!!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT
    If you don't think Ronda could actually take out Cain on her best day, then there's something wrong with YOU

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,326Free

He took Silva down and showed he's much better then Silva on the ground.

Just how did he show he's MUCH better on the ground because it was pretty even there actually. Granted he landed two punches that were decent but Silva rolled them and tied him up. Weidman attacked the heelhook which Silva defended easily and then the kneebar which was closer but again Silva defended quite easily.
  • wanderleisilva101wanderleisilva101 Posts: 9,438Free
    Hopefully the rematch happens if Silva doesn't clown around and loses I will be first to admit Weidman is just better at this stage in Silvas career but I'll still put money on Anderson coz I'm confident he wins this if his heart is still in it.
    Bet Record- 76-43

UFC Survivor series tournament 1 winner

It's so cool that my partnership with my best friend and lover Antawn can be recognized as a marriage! DOMA is unconstitutional!

image image
  • BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    I can't wait for this guy to feel Belfort TRT.
  • DoomPatrolDoomPatrol Posts: 746Free
    I hope all you who are saying Silva lost because he didn´t fight 100%/got caught or something are not the same guys who have said "GSP is a can because Serra TKO'd him".
  • PabloskyPablosky Posts: 677Free
    weedman its getting delusional... it happens to mediocre athletes that "found" success in its path...
    thanks god im less stupid now!

Pablosky said:

weedman its getting delusional... it happens to mediocre athletes that "found" success in its path...

http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147483/the-official-anderson-silva-got-ktfo-5-stages-of-grief-thread/p1
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,382Free
    he will eat his words

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,862Free
    weidman beat interim silva, next he has to face champion silva
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

GOATer
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    I see Weidman is improving his trolling skills before he gets KTFO in the rematch.