On a serious note, I feel bad for Anderson.

AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,069Free
edited July 2013 in UFC
That has to be the most humiliating way to lose a championship belt. I know a lot of people - myself included - have been very critical of Andy, but maybe we're being just a little too harsh.

He was respectful in his post fight interview, he showed up to the press conference when he didn't have to just to answer questions, he gave Weidman all of the credit for winning the fight and never attempted to attribute it to making a mistake. I sincerely believe Andy was just trying to get into Weidman's head and keep the fight standing.

Anyway, he's obviously still the GOAT, and I hope he retires that way.
Post edited by Ameriman on
Boston threw me a god damn beating. DOOMGOAT REIGNS SUPREME

Comments

• ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    I don't feel bad at all. It is a fight, it is expected. Silva always tries a get into his opponents head and make them feel like they are inferior, it works for him. But he needs to do the rematch which he will lose again.....then move up into LHW and make his run there......that is when I will consider him one of the greatest fighters of our time, assuming he wins impressively in LHW.
  • AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,069Free
    I don't think he should do the rematch and risk losing again. I think he should just move on.
    Well, I don't think there's any rule against feeling sorry for someone even if they brought something on themselves. Obviously he used the wrong game plan and made a mistake, so in that sense I guess he brought it on himself, but it's not like he really did anything ethically wrong...
  • fobarfobar Posts: 27,337Free
    edited July 2013

I don't feel bad for Anderson. He brought it on himself. I still think he can beat Weidman.

^this Quoted for Truth
    Post edited by fobar on

• Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    edited July 2013
    WarWest said:

Actually tapping to strikes would be the most humiliating way to lose a belt

Anderson's hand actually did tap the mat when he came down, problem was herb couldn't get there in time and chris was too fast with his follow up punches so he put him out cold.
    Post edited by Weidman_the_GOAT on

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.

WarWest said:

Actually tapping to strikes would be the most humiliating way to lose a belt

Anderson's hand actually did tap the mat when he came down, problem was herb couldn't get there in time and chris was too fast with his follow up punches so he put him out cold.
    Yeah, I think I saw that too now that I think about it. If you watch closely, you can see him tapping Herb's ankle when the fight was stopped, probably thinking that Weidman was still on top of him.
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,630Free
    So many people overreact on the situation, Anderson got clipped... after 7 years somebody was able to clip him, 7 years! No need to retire and it would be the stupiest thing to do business wise, Weidman vs Silva will be the biggest PPV ever, everybody who can't understand, that fighters are fighting for money, went full retard... Money Talks!!!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,402Free
    I don't, ****ing coon got what he deserves
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner

Even if he only got clipped, he definitely deserved it... agree
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free

LOL he did not get 'clipped', he got KTFO cold is what happened.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)
    Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
    Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,080Free
    edited July 2013
    Ameriman said:

He was respectful in his post fight interview, he showed up to the press conference when he didn't have to just to answer questions, he gave Weidman all of the credit for winning the fight and never attempted to attribute it to making a mistake.

He showed up at the press conference to safe his own *** and convince people he didn't throw the fight. And his interview answers never make much sense anyway. He wanted to make sure the controversy doesn't blow up, so he had showed up for that with all the "I love America, I improved my life, I am tired, Chris is the champion, stop negging me about the rematch, I don't care", which kinda did the job.

Post edited by najma on

LOL he did not get 'clipped', he got KTFO cold is what happened.
    Yeah riiiight, Weidman outclassed him on the feet, smh! He clipped him with a strange looking 1, 2, 2, 1 combi after Silva tried to... first, front kick his face out of his face and put a clinic on the legs of Weidman, lmao.... Poop eater! =))

najma said:

Ameriman said:

He was respectful in his post fight interview, he showed up to the press conference when he didn't have to just to answer questions, he gave Weidman all of the credit for winning the fight and never attempted to attribute it to making a mistake.

He showed up at the press conference to safe his own *** and convince people he didn't throw the fight. And his interview answers never make much sense anyway. He wanted to make sure the controversy doesn't blow up, so he had showed up for that with all the "I love America, I improved my life, I am tired, Chris is the champion, stop negging me about the rematch, I don't care", which kinda did the job.

Are you one of them conspiracy theorists? Bro, stahp it...
  • JunglebirdJunglebird Posts: 9,741Free
    minus the troll posts, this is a good thread
    FEB. 2010
    Anderson Silva: Proof that you dont need PEDs to be the GOAT.
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,084Free

minus the troll posts, this is a good thread

You need to edit your sig now.
  • liquid2metalliquid2metal Posts: 306Free
    @carnages41 P4P racist
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our Fedor in heaven, hallowed be your sambo, your combos come. Your Kimora be done on the street, as it is in the ring. Give us today our daily sparring, and forgive us the overtraining we have done as we forgive those who knock us out. Subject us not to the trial but deliver us from Werdum. Remember that Fedor got triangled for your sins...

- Fedor - Roy Nelson - Lyoto Machida - Glover Texeira - Chael Sonnen - Nick Diaz - Carlos Condit -
    - Tarec Saffiedine - Nate Diaz - Gilbert Melendez - Frankie Edgar - Anthony Pettis - Ricardo Lamas -

Train by day, piss-off Shannon & Pack by night! All day!
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,326Free
    I don't. He wanted to play the game and it didn't work out for him this time. Hespect for trying though.
  • twistedfascinationtwistedfascination < img src="PICTURE url" \>Posts: 408Free
    awwwww poor andy he only made 600, 000 sponsors not included. poor poor andy.

• GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free

That's Anderson Silva money baby.

You're just being a hater.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,402Free

@carnages41 P4P racist

stfu

I love my niggles

@liquid2metal
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,890Free
    It was a good combination from Chris- You can't deny him that.

Sure it was embarrasing for him but at the end of the day he got caught on his feet- at least that added the "what if he wasn't clowning " argument to the discussion.

had Chris dragged it back to the ground and pummeled him stupid (which would of caused far more butthurt). What would everyone be saying now?

I don't think this stains any of the dudes achievements at all.
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
    Tahune said:

Sure it was embarrasing for him but at the end of the day he got caught on his feet- at least that added the "what if he wasn't clowning " argument to the discussion.

had Chris dragged it back to the ground and pummeled him stupid (which would of caused far more butthurt). What would everyone be saying now?

agreed. You can only fight with your hands down and feet planted for so long.
    FEB. 2010
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    Tahune said:

He did drag him down and fed him knuckle sandwhiches, then took a risk attempting a leg lock. He could have just stayed on him and continue to pummel him. The butthurt fans would have still said...."Silva just wasn't himself." or "Silva was too tired and didn't bother to stand back up so he gave the win to Weidman." You could write a book on the excuses.

• TahuneTahune Posts: 1,890Free
    ThePack19 said:

Tahune said:

He did drag him down and fed him knuckle sandwhiches, then took a risk attempting a leg lock. He could have just stayed on him and continue to pummel him. The butthurt fans would have still said...."Silva just wasn't himself." or "Silva was too tired and didn't bother to stand back up so he gave the win to Weidman." You could write a book on the excuses.

There is truth in this which is sad.

That's why its best to view any sport/contest objectively, you get so much more out of it as a fan that way,rather than being blinded by love of a particular fighter/team etc.
    It's good to support and passionate about your favourites but if they lose fair and square don't lose your ****.

Grover- Future LHW champ!
    I give Credit to Silva for getting back to the feet and stuffing a couple TD's.

But not credit for dropping his hands and overly-taunting.
    FEB. 2010