First Post: Bisping would take Weidman to school in standup thats a FACT

tmannbabytmannbaby Posts: 10Free
Bisping would own Weidman in the standup for a few reasons. 1. Classic boxer stance with hands UP 2. technical ability years ahead of weidman. 3. has a JAB. 4. entire fight would be standing up I don't see Weidman being able to takedown bisping.
Tagged:

Comments

• tmannbabytmannbaby Posts: 10Free
    Bisping is 8-2 since his loss to H bomb (he beat chael sonnen judges rigged it for silva sonnen 2) has outclassed virtually every striker hes faced (Alan Belcher? that was a clinic. Miller? clinic) and has shown a takedown defence that rivals anderson silvas takedown D which was more than adequate against weidman. He got KOed by Vitor but weidman doesn't have that juice. (pun intended). I'd predict a 2nd round KO by strikes or unanimous decision over weidman. PS Silva has NO jab whatsoever which is a lost art (GSP still got that jab). Plz name me a better striker in the middleweight division, I got time.......
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,819Free
    edited July 2013
    someone hasnt graduated from troll school yet

D- needs to try harder and put a little more thoguht into his troll posts.
    Post edited by PunchBag on
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    p4p first post.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
  • 12er12er Posts: 10,804Free
    edited July 2013
    tmannbaby said:

Bisping is 8-2 since his loss to H bomb (he beat chael sonnen judges rigged it for silva sonnen 2) has outclassed virtually every striker hes faced (Alan Belcher? that was a clinic. Miller? clinic) and has shown a takedown defence that rivals anderson silvas takedown D which was more than adequate against weidman. He got KOed by Vitor but weidman doesn't have that juice. (pun intended). I'd predict a 2nd round KO by strikes or unanimous decision over weidman. PS Silva has NO jab whatsoever which is a lost art (GSP still got that jab). Plz name me a better striker in the middleweight division, I got time.......

Did you really just say mayhem is a good striker =))
    Post edited by 12er on
    was referring to dan miller actually were majority of fight was standup. ya ok he can't strike either thats my point middleweight division is lukewarm as **** with strikers and bispings technical ability is lightyears ahead, ya ok his punching power is questionable (chin may be a bit suspect) but his combinations and movement would be better than anyone weidman has seen. Bispings takedown D against rashad evans and chael sonnen was legit, similar to the fashion silva was stuffing weidmans takedown (after the initial one) and dude has some experience fighting heavy handed fighters.
  • MangasmMangasm Posts: 6,043Free
    tmannbaby said:

dude has some experience fighting heavy handed fighters.

And he lost to all of them
    The internet tells me that that's called love, I'm on the internet cuz I'm an Internet thug.

Sigbet record: 99999-0. Blee dat
    are you guna tell me weidman is on the same level of power punching as vitor, dan hendo, wanderlei silva?
    just watched maia vs weidman. Did GSP train this guy? LMAO yup i stand by my point!
  • 12er12er Posts: 10,804Free
    tmannbaby said:

are you guna tell me weidman is on the same level of power punching as vitor, dan hendo, wanderlei silva?

Vitor and hendo ko's on anderson put together=0

Weidmans ko's of anderson=1

And bisping throws little girl punches.
  • OzprideOzpride Posts: 4,057Free
    lol

@Bobmyster

nice Alt bro

ANZAC like a boss

Sig Bet Record 34W 10L 1D

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,340Free
    Where to start,somebody obviously knows little of the actual skills of MMA.
    First of all just on the Bisping topic.
    He punches like a 5'2 guy,he does not extend his arms,he never commits,basically fights like a coward.I have never seen any indication he has any grappling at all.When he jabs it is a mirror image of watching Rashad tons and tons of meaningless air strikes.

now on the subject of power.Vitor fights stiff but does have some power.he is famous for the VERY rare occasion he busts loose and goes ballistic,usually he is a bit of a lazy fighter and why he got caught versus Silva.Hendo well he is LOL,Shield's proved how effective Hendo's power is,SLOW motion power,you can predict it a mile away.Wanderlai?LMAO Wandy is big time washed up,not even on my furthest radar anymore.Belcher has power but for some unknown reason he looked awful in that fight,he reminded me of the Mayhem fight where he completely gassed for no reason,maybe too much adrenaline idk.

Now on Weidman.He is structurally sound,he does not waste energy like Bisping does,he moves and does everything with a purpose.He might not always fully commit to strikes but he does ok,way better than Bisping.Overall smarts Weidman is miles ahead of Bisping,he understands just about every scenario of a fight and what he doesn't know his team fills in the blanks.

The ONLY thing Bisping has is cardio,sure that is a big strong point and really the only reason Bisping has remained a success.Bisping simply does not have anything above average or even on average ,only his cardio.He does not have enough to hold a belt and that is the real fact.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
    sample size of 1 fight with a dude waving his chin out and ya bisping punching power pretty weak but i'm saying he'd most likely get the decision win based on his combinations or a flurry of punches. I think Vegas would have my back on this one. Hendo couldn't get a clean shot on silva and vitor landed like 0 strikes.
  • WhipsnapWhipsnap Posts: 158Free
    tmannbaby there is no point in trying. People can't admit that Bisping is a good fighter just because he acts like a ****. If the UFC didn't have people like him it would be boring and there would be less entertaining build ups to fights. Some people don't realise, the reason he punches with less power is the key to his outstanding cardio. Punching with full power will make you tire quicker so he decides to flurry lighter punches at his opponent over the course of a long time. You see the same with Nick Diaz, he punches lighter but he can punch you over 200 times in a fight without being tired.
  • jdukjduk Posts: 8,284Free
    zaksame said:

no, no you do not
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,875Free
    zaksame said:

First of all just on the Bisping topic.
    He punches like a 5'2 guy,he does not extend his arms,he never commits,basically fights like a coward.I have never seen any indication he has any grappling at all.When he jabs it is a mirror image of watching Rashad tons and tons of meaningless air strikes.

now on the subject of power.Vitor fights stiff but does have some power.he is famous for the VERY rare occasion he busts loose and goes ballistic,usually he is a bit of a lazy fighter and why he got caught versus Silva.Hendo well he is LOL,Shield's proved how effective Hendo's power is,SLOW motion power,you can predict it a mile away.Wanderlai?LMAO Wandy is big time washed up,not even on my furthest radar anymore.Belcher has power but for some unknown reason he looked awful in that fight,he reminded me of the Mayhem fight where he completely gassed for no reason,maybe too much adrenaline idk.

Now on Weidman.He is structurally sound,he does not waste energy like Bisping does,he moves and does everything with a purpose.He might not always fully commit to strikes but he does ok,way better than Bisping.Overall smarts Weidman is miles ahead of Bisping,he understands just about every scenario of a fight and what he doesn't know his team fills in the blanks.

The ONLY thing Bisping has is cardio,sure that is a big strong point and really the only reason Bisping has remained a success.Bisping simply does not have anything above average or even on average ,only his cardio.He does not have enough to hold a belt and that is the real fact.

Oh my god- this would be one of the worst ones yet.

Do you understand the mechanics of a punch? What Kinetic linking is?
    Grover- Future LHW champ!
  • AcedaddyAcedaddy Posts: 561Free
    I very seriously doubt Bisping could make it out of the first round with Weidman.
    Even the best have their time to fall.
    edited July 2013
    Acedaddy said:

I very seriously doubt Bisping could make it out of the first round with Weidman.

I don't doubt he could.

Bisping made a stupid, stupid mistake with Hendo (circling into the Right hand of WOE).

With Vitor - people can carry on about his TRT use, but the TRT use didn't help Vitor sucker Bisping into that kick (Jesus helped with that)

I can sort of see where OP is coming from. Remember Silva is anything but orthodox/traditional with his striking.

Awesome job by Chris knocking him out etc etc but the position Silva got himself into when he ate that punch was a position that a lot of other fighters in MW could of knocked him out in as well.
    Post edited by Tahune on
  • the_enigmathe_enigma Posts: 19,059Premium
    Whipsnap said:

tmannbaby there is no point in trying. People can't admit that Bisping is a good fighter just because he acts like a ****. If the UFC didn't have people like him it would be boring and there would be less entertaining build ups to fights. Some people don't realise, the reason he punches with less power is the key to his outstanding cardio. Punching with full power will make you tire quicker so he decides to flurry lighter punches at his opponent over the course of a long time. You see the same with Nick Diaz, he punches lighter but he can punch you over 200 times in a fight without being tired.

for the record my drug abuse remark was aimed at zaksame not your friend tmannbaby. I agree that Bisping is a very effective fighter and far better at energy management then other fighters. People don't seem to realize that he'd be even more likely to win in 5 rd fights then he is right now. He's just unfortunate that he got caught against Vitor. He really needed to push the pace and wear Vitor out, but instead he waltzed around with Vitor and inevitably got hit.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league all division champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

imageimage
    if he had a chin, he would be a legit contender
    jduk said:

I remember watching the Stann fight thing "**** Michael is skating on thin ice here"
    Tahune said:

jduk said:

I remember watching the Stann fight thing "**** Michael is skating on thin ice here"
    He always takes at least one punch every fight, where he gets wobbly for a minute. Worrying stuff for anyone who likes him
  • OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,557Free
    So Zaksame finally got his brother to sign up for the forum?
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

• OmoplataypusOmoplataypus BostonPosts: 4,557Free
    Whipsnap said:

Anderson acts like more of a d!ck than Bisping and people seem to have no problem admiting he's good... maybe it's because he actually wins though....hmmmm....
    !!! WAR KELGOAT
    !!! WAR MAIA
    !!! WAR CORMIER
    !!! WAR WEIDMAN  

Active bets:
    TheSinisterUrge-FRANKIE/bj, wedo619-BROWN/silva, MGun-RUMBLE/prayvis

"GOAT List:
    1. GSP
    2. Ryan LaFlare
    3. Other people"
    I took LyGOATo Machida's piss to the back of the throat and I loved it! wanderleisilva101 is the GOAT

Whipsnap said:

Anderson acts like more of a d!ck than Bisping and people seem to have no problem admiting he's good... maybe it's because he actually wins though....hmmmm....
    he is just a **** stirrer, typical pom.