How long Will Weidman Hold The Belt??

BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free
edited July 2013 in UFC
Am I the only one who does not think he holds it long??...If he gets last Silva again I think he loses it his next defence if its Vitor or Jacare and a few others who I think can touch him

Okami may be boring to some but if he gets a shot at Weidman he's a bad match up...that's a close one

There is no way he has a long reign which to me is more then 3 defenses...there's no way he gets past all of those 3...**** even bisping has a shot

How long Will Weidman Hold The Belt??

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
Sig record
40-21

Owner Of Forum Souls: Bright508620 - MMAFAN001 - CRAZYNOONGAH

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

A: Cat Zingano....the UFC's true #1 women's contender

< img src =photo BD2_zps23b2f3d9.jpg>

Comments

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,618Free
    0-Defenses

5 months and 22 days

Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• WarWestWarWest Órale VatoPosts: 33,836Free
    Until he loses it
    The Cal Ripken Of GSP hatin'
    Arch Bishop Of Anti-GSP
    The Stockton Hater
    209's So Fine
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,618Free
    0-Defenses
    and a true champ defends his belt at least 2 times a year... just saying!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• BruteDionBruteDion Posts: 10,499Free
    0-Defenses

I agree...the reason why my numbers is like that cuz if you select one defenses he still has to go to his next fight which should be 6 months later...so that makes 2 fights but only one defense
    Sig record
    40-21

What do you get when you take A.Silva's clinch game + Mark Hunt's Iron Chin + Mushy Lady Parts?

0-Defenses

or at least fights two times a year, if there's no else to challenge him ;)
    That brings up a good point...I don't care if there are no legit challengers to the title

I don't care if the #1 ranked guy is not viewed as a threat to the champ...the fight should still go down

There was a time a few years back where champs would win the title and take a long time off and I didn't like that...you got obligations to the fans and the other fighters in the divison

Say what you want bout Jon Jones but he's been a pretty active champ in the past few years...in two years he has had 5 fights...and the 6th is coming up
    Sig record
    40-21

• JoeTheGiggoloJoeTheGiggolo Posts: 1,432Free
    He will have it until Sonnen has to step in for someone ;)
    Proud Supporter of TEAM SONNEN!

I said Mighty Mouse would be the 1st UFC FlyW Champ!
  • BeanslegendBeanslegend Posts: 814Free
    5 or more-Defenses (Years to come)
    He'll hold it for years until 185 pound division actually gets some talent.
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,073Free
    When Brad Tavares gets his shot he will kill him.
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,324Free

Weidman is Sonnen with knockout power, without the trash talk and good jitz. Sonnen got notching for Weidman.
  • JoeTheGiggoloJoeTheGiggolo Posts: 1,432Free

Weidman is Sonnen with knockout power, without the trash talk and good jitz. Sonnen got notching for Weidman.
    Sonnen's wrestling is superior, ground control is better, and Cardio is better.

Proud Supporter of TEAM SONNEN!

I said Mighty Mouse would be the 1st UFC FlyW Champ!
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,465Free
    0-Defenses

Silva's winning it back in December
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread

Sonnen's wrestling is superior, ground control is better, and Cardio is better.

Sonnen couldn't out even wrestle Bisping. His wrestling is overrated. Weidman's whole ground game is light years ahead of Chael. Weidman has good cardio when he has time to have a full camp unlike the maia fight on short notice. Chael's cardio is probably a little better though.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,395Free
    1-Defenses (1 year)
    He will defend it against Anderson and then lose to Vitor
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
    0-Defenses

Hate to argue with the MMA elitist, but Anderson is winning foo.

But if Weidman wins, I agree Vitor will win that belt!
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
    1-Defenses (1 year)
    NyteRyder said:

bro, gone are the days when 1-dimensional fighters like JDS and Anderson can be champs

MMA is wrestling

blee dat
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0-Defenses

NyteRyder said:

bro, gone are the days when 1-dimensional fighters like JDS and Anderson can be champs

MMA is wrestling

blee dat
    "mma is wrestling"

So you agree that GSP will beat Hendricks then.

Blee Dat
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
    1-Defenses (1 year)
    NyteRyder said:

NyteRyder said:

MMA is wrestling

blee dat
    "mma is wrestling"

Blee Dat
    I do

but that doesn't make me a GSP fan lol

but actually if you want to go that route, Hendricks has better wrestling credentials than George

• 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,060Free
    He could never successfully defend it, never regain it and still live with the pride of being the first guy to catch Silva riding dirty.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
    0-Defenses

NyteRyder said:

NyteRyder said:

MMA is wrestling

blee dat
    "mma is wrestling"

Blee Dat
    I do

but actually if you want to go that route, Hendricks has better wrestling credentials than George
    I agree.

But so did Hughes and Koscheck. GSP outwrestles wrestlers. Dats a fact.

Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
    0-Defenses
    PATSTER said:

@carnages41 won't ****ing bang me

lol.

Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
    NyteRyder said:

NyteRyder said:

NyteRyder said:

MMA is wrestling

blee dat
    "mma is wrestling"

Blee Dat
    I do

I agree.

Depends if Hendricks pulls a Hendo and goes head hunting neglecting George's strike>shoot game from a distance. From the clinch i think he may even out wrestle George or at least nullify him. It's the pretend strike to shoot he'll have to worry about. If George survives the early bull rushes i think he'll pick him apart first then take Hendricks down once he starts getting desperate and over commits.

edited July 2013
    0-Defenses

NyteRyder said:

NyteRyder said:

NyteRyder said:

MMA is wrestling

blee dat
    "mma is wrestling"

Blee Dat
    I do

I agree.

Depends if Hendricks pulls a Hendo and goes head hunting neglecting George's strike>shoot game from a distance. From the clinch i think he may even out wrestle George or at least nullify him. It's the pretend strike to shoot he'll have to worry about. If George survives the early bull rushes i think he'll pick him apart first then take Hendricks down once he starts getting desperate and over commits.

I don't see GSP throwing much kicks cause he won't want to risk getting took down by Hendricks and gnp'd. But for the most part, I think GSP will be able to take him down, with Hendricks at least stuffing a few. Like you mentioned, Hendricks will probably just head hunt (if he decides to), just trying to land that big left, if he does then GSP should win the stand up game/fight
    Post edited by NyteRyder on
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,073Free
    NyteRyder said:

NyteRyder said:

NyteRyder said:

NyteRyder said:

MMA is wrestling

blee dat
    "mma is wrestling"

Blee Dat
    I do

I agree.

I don't see GSP throwing much kicks cause he won't want to risk getting took down by Hendricks and gnp'd. But for the most part, I think GSP will be able to take him down, with Hendricks at least stuffing a few. Like you mentioned, Hendricks will probably just head hunt (if he decides to), just trying to land that big left, if he does then GSP should win the stand up game/fight
    Hendricks stuffing a few?

Lulz.

If Diaz stuffed SEVERAL Johny will probably stuff every one.
    edited July 2013

NyteRyder said:

NyteRyder said:

NyteRyder said:

NyteRyder said:

MMA is wrestling

blee dat
    "mma is wrestling"

Blee Dat
    I do

I agree.

Lulz.

Diaz stuffed some when George got tired trying to go hard the first few rounds and Diaz wisely wasn't chasing. Hendricks is hard headed though and will probably chase right off the bat, eat jabs and get taken down quite easily if he gets frustrated and over commits George will set him up and over run his center. I don't think Hendricks is so good off his back and even lay n pray GnP light George will have a field day with him there and wear him down making it easier to pick apart and take down in later rounds.
    Post edited by StompGrind on
  • 12er12er StocktonPosts: 11,060Free

NyteRyder said:

NyteRyder said:

NyteRyder said:

NyteRyder said:

MMA is wrestling

blee dat
    "mma is wrestling"

Blee Dat
    I do

I agree.

Lulz.

Diaz stuffed some when George got tired trying to go hard the first few rounds and Diaz wisely wasn't chasing. Hendricks is hard headed though and will probably chase right off the bat, eat jabs and get taken down quite easily if he gets frustrated and over commits George will set him up and over run his center. I don't think Hendricks is so good off his back and even lay n pray GnP light George will have a field day with him there and wear him down making it easier to pick apart and take down in later rounds.
    Or Hendricks might just stand up and knock him out.....like Cain vs Brock.

That's what I'd like to see.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
    Possible but not likely imo.......unfortunately.

• BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    2-Defenses (1.5 years)
    in my opinion, he will defeat Anderson at rematch and probably Belfort after, and will get stopped by someone at his 3rd shot.
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    0-Defenses
    Until he gets back in the ring with Anderson.

0-Defenses
    Banutu said:

in my opinion, he will defeat Anderson at rematch and probably Belfort after, and will get stopped by someone at his 3rd shot.

Who do you think will be that 3rd person will be??...Jacare-Okami-Bisping-Fit Munoz??
    Sig record
    40-21