Who has improved more since they last met?

TahuneTahune Posts: 1,886Free
edited July 2013 in UFC
Who has improved more, Junior or Cain?- they've both had a fight each since they last met.

Junior did some stuff we've never seen him do before vs Hunt- but at the same time he looked flustered when put under forward pressure.

Cain got the KO over Bigfoot in what I believe was a much slicker stand up approach-but it was not much of a test.

Unbiased thoughts please?

(no BR00TAL)

Post edited by Tahune on

Who has improved more since they last met?

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.
Grover- Future LHW champ!
Tagged:

Comments

• liquid2metalliquid2metal Posts: 306Free
    My ex.
    Her bj's sucked when we were together.
    Broke up.
    Met with her last month.
    Headgame...approved!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our Fedor in heaven, hallowed be your sambo, your combos come. Your Kimora be done on the street, as it is in the ring. Give us today our daily sparring, and forgive us the overtraining we have done as we forgive those who knock us out. Subject us not to the trial but deliver us from Werdum. Remember that Fedor got triangled for your sins...

- Fedor - Roy Nelson - Lyoto Machida - Glover Texeira - Chael Sonnen - Nick Diaz - Carlos Condit -
    - Tarec Saffiedine - Nate Diaz - Gilbert Melendez - Frankie Edgar - Anthony Pettis - Ricardo Lamas -

Train by day, piss-off Shannon & Pack by night! All day!
  • NyteRyderNyteRyder Posts: 9,458Free
    Junior
    ****, accidentally voted JDS. Meant to vote Cain
    2013 Predictions League: 231-142
    Forum Etiquette Guide
    The Questions Thread
  • TahuneTahune Posts: 1,886Free
    Junior

My ex.
    Broke up.
    Met with her last month.
    Headgame...approved!

that's not a good thing brother.

• 12er12er StocktonPosts: 10,993Free
    Junior
    NyteRyder said:

****, accidentally voted JDS. Meant to vote Cain

Your sub conscience made the right choice for you.

Seriously though, impossible to tell. We say Cain throw one punch.
    If anyone slaps you on the right cheek, then turn to them the other cheek, then keep turning until you deliver a roundhouse kick to his jaw. - Matthew 5:39

GOATer
    Tahune said:

My ex.
    Broke up.
    Met with her last month.
    Headgame...approved!

My peenus, disagrees.
    She ain't my girl & she cheated on her azn bf with me.
    Winning!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Our Fedor in heaven, hallowed be your sambo, your combos come. Your Kimora be done on the street, as it is in the ring. Give us today our daily sparring, and forgive us the overtraining we have done as we forgive those who knock us out. Subject us not to the trial but deliver us from Werdum. Remember that Fedor got triangled for your sins...

- Fedor - Roy Nelson - Lyoto Machida - Glover Texeira - Chael Sonnen - Nick Diaz - Carlos Condit -
    - Tarec Saffiedine - Nate Diaz - Gilbert Melendez - Frankie Edgar - Anthony Pettis - Ricardo Lamas -

• _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,608Free
    Junior
    I miss the draw option, but i'd say JDS, HeelKick Ko as a HW? Wow!

Cain on the other hand, beat bigfoot twice, not much effort needed... and UD'ed JDS.

JDS will win the 3 fight and will lose the title again, Jds/Cain 4!
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,306Free
    Junior
    JDS looked a lot faster and more explosive in the Hunt fight then he did against all previous opponents and it wasn't just because Hunt is slower by comparison i still noticed a difference in his speed from previous fights. The speed he closed with for that first overhand and how fast and sharp he threw it was ridiculous along with that backfist like jab he was throwing he looked like a much improved athlete than normally and i'm sure it had a lot to do with his drive to win back the title. Could also be his training focus since he'd obviously worked a lot on his striking for Mark but then again he also mentioned after the Cain fight and leading up to the Hunt fight he learned his lesson about being one dimensional. idk he just seemed like he improved a lot especially as an athlete.

Cain hard to say didn't get to see much but he's always a workhorse and always improving but if anyone made leaps i'd say it's JDS.
    Junior
    ^ Hunt's hands are a lot quicker than people think. That overhand right that dropped Hunt was frightening.
  • StompGrindStompGrind Posts: 21,306Free
    Junior
    Tahune said:

^ Hunt's hands are a lot quicker than people think. That overhand right that dropped Hunt was frightening.

For sure man. Hunt is one of the fastest especially at closing distance but for some reason people always say he's slow.

Junior

Tahune said:

For sure man. Hunt is one of the fastest especially at closing distance but for some reason people always say he's slow.

I have seen people compare Hunt to Roy smh.

Couldn't be further from the truth.
  • GoToGuyGoToGuy Posts: 5,361Free
    Hard to say since Cain put BF away so fast. JDS did some us some new moves though.

• i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,363Free
    Cain
    hard to say since cain pushed bigfoots **** in....

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• Gabri1985Gabri1985 Manchester, England Posts: 7,695Free
    The huge difference between them is there chins.
    Cain
    Improved? They're both constantly improving. Hard to say.

Cain did make the bigfoot rematch even more one sided which I thought would be impossible lol.

JDS looked fast against Hunt, but that's because he specifically knew he'd need his speed to beat Hunt, also, he knew Hunt would stand and bang so he could rely purely on making his striking as sharp as possible. He's gonna need to be well rounded in a rematch with Cain, so if we're talking who's improved most to be most likely to win the rubber match, I'll probably go with Cain.

However the simple mindset change from JDS can make the 3rd fight far different from the 2nd without changing his skills. He spent so much time concentrating on defending takedowns he didn't throw or block any strikes lol. I guarantee he will be more aggressive in the rematch, and at the same time have better striking defense or at the very least more lateral movement to keep it at his striking range.

It's really hard to pick which one will win the rubber match.

Post edited by the_enigma on
    ^ I agree.
    2013 predictions league champion
    Forum odds makers league ALL divisions champ, p4p 1... no.1 period.
    Forum Face Off 2012 champion, 2013 no.2, 2013 most wins as champ
    Last one to post wins winner x2

• ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    Cain
    LOL.......WTF people?!? Cain is a better well rounded fighter and simply needs to stay active! JDS did what he ALWAYS does against his opponents.....stand there and swing away, Hunt did not test JDS ground game. So it is JDS that needs to work on improving his skills. Cain WILL do it again, take downs, ground and pound which will frustrate JDS into another one sided beating, but Cain is gonna pound JDS on the canvas for a stoppage this time.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,650Free

we can't say how much Cain improved by his BF fights

and JDS looked improved Hunt? I don't think so... Hunt is slow and was still tagging him. JDS has a tendency to back up against the cage hands down and get tagged, hunt did it to him multiple times.

It's all going to come down to ability to work a game plan
  • PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,859Free
    Junior

My ex.
    Broke up.
    Met with her last month.
    Headgame...approved!

lol guess she got plenty of experience suckin **** whilst you 2 were apart
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,380Free
    Junior
    I meant to vote for Cain.

I don't think JDS is going to handle the pressure Cain put on him in their last fight any better this time.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

• carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,346Free
    Junior
    Junior has improved more

Cain is always the same

That being said, I still think Cain will win
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • KOOKORKKOOKORK Posts: 780Free

Tahune said:

My ex.
    Broke up.
    Met with her last month.
    Headgame...approved!

My peenus, disagrees.
    Winning!
    How do you know she was not cheating on you when you were friends.??

It is not about win or lose, it is about heart. Leave all you have in the Octagon and you are a winner in my book.
    JDS, Machida,Sam stout,Bermudez, Dustin Kimura,Roger Huerta
  • NeckCrankNeckCrank Posts: 821Free
    sorry i am already tired of their rivalry.
    ()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()

• SURVIVOR78SURVIVOR78 Posts: 1,097Free
    Cain
    I like Junior Dos Santos better, and I remember the night he fought Werdum, I received 6.5 hours of chemotherapy that day. The UFC was an escape for me and this big guy came to the ring, and was supposed to be the sacrificial lamb for Werdum's title run, and it ended up this huge guy brutally knocked Werdum unconscious. I remembering saying that night this guy Dos Santos is going to be champion some day. The only problem is he has fought the same exact way ever since that fight, without changing a thing, he comes out and uses his superior boxing and speed to smash his way through opponents. Cain Valesquez is the perfect athelete, and he will beat you standing, on the ground, or at the dinner table. He is way more of a complete fighter, and has consistently improved during his time with the UFC. I remembering watching him live back in 09 I believe a couple times and he would use his wrestling to manhandle everyone and then pound them out with wreckless abandon. Now he wins everywhere, he beat the best striker in the UFC HWs and stood with him a great deal of the time, nowadays he will throw on a submission, and when he does ground and pound someone out he chooses his shots and switches angles ex. Lesnar and Bigfoot. When I saw him fight Bigfoot, my opinion is that he did a better job in that fight against a tougher opponent than Brock, and when he had him down he absolutely thrashed that giant, and besides for BJ Penn beating of Joe Stevenson it was one of only a few fights in UFC history that made me cringe. Cain is no joke, and I truly believe he will be too much for Junior again, and will be the first person since the early days of the UFC to defend the heavyweight title several times over. Who else could possibly beat him besides Junior, which is possible, I just don't think it will happen. Cain would have a field day with Overeem, there is no way Werdum can hang with him (even with his striking that has supposedly improved so much), he won't fight Cormier, but he's only doing Cormier a favor with that one, or Josh Barnett, this is the one fight that I would actually like to see out of all of them. I think Cormier got lucky when he beat him, I know I will get bashed for that, but its my opinion, and Josh Barnett is a nasty, experienced, badass, who will fight until he is dead. I am not saying that he would beat Cain, but I would just find it interesting to watch. Sorry for rambling, but Cain is the most improved, and beyond that is by far the best athlete and fighter in the Heavyweight division. I hope Dos Santos beats him, but I am a realist and a gambler, and you can't bet on who you like best, just ask any Cubs fan. I am not taking any action on this fight, but it seems like Cain should win this fight, he's awesome.
    KOOKORK said:

Tahune said:

My ex.
    Broke up.
    Met with her last month.
    Headgame...approved!

My peenus, disagrees.
    Winning!
    How do you know she was not cheating on you when you were friends.??

LOL you can't cheat on a friend.
    When we were together, she kept talking to her ex so I assumed she was cheating.
    So I **** her bestfriend, who is my brothers friend sister, and she found out.
    Broke up. Been separated for 2 years and she would always call me when she was drunk.
    So I took advantage & **** her a couple times.
    Guess it's true what they say about azn men.
    Also, Anderson coming for Weidmans soul B-)

• zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    Neither they are both the same fighter as when they started and will remain the same long after.I have seen VERY few fighters improve at all.
    One guy that really surprised me although he did drop down a division was Michael Johnson.He stands out as one of the more improved fighters from his TUF and UFC debut.IMO he was not nearly good enough to be in the UFC but now he is a dangerous opponent for anyone.
    It is tough for me to think of even one more that really made strides to improve.I can think of many more who have actually got worse because they have become so dam predictable.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 971Free
    Junior
    Cain is a remarkable wrestler and a brilliant student of the game. He isn't the fighter many people make him out to be though. He lacks power, doesn't threaten with submissions and isn't quite the cardio machine that some claim. JDS had as much gas in the tank as Cain in the championship rounds, even after taking a beating for the first three.

Velasquez won't bring much new to the table in verse three. Dos Santos will have a better sense of how to deal with Cain's pressure and should be able to capitalize on the few mistakes Cain makes. I look for Junior to punish him with body shots and stop Velasquez within three rounds.
  • MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,386Free
    edited July 2013
    Why are we still talking about JDS vs. Cain when we have bigger issues at hand...like the overall much-improved quality of the bjs that liquid2metal's been on the receiving end of?

Listen, if she's gotten that much better, the odds aren't necessarily in favor of her getting any additional tutelage or an extra amount of practice; she might just simply being trying harder. That being said, I'm still pretty certain that she's had an extra-high number of sausages pass through her kisser; many of which had the length to tickle the deepest depths of her throat. It's more likely than not.

Wear protection if you stick it inside her, even though we all know how much better it feels when we play this game unsheathed. If not to shield you from exotic sicknesses and skin conditions, you will still want to keep from getting a loose woman too terribly pregnant, you know. Trust me, I've done it.
    Post edited by Megasoup on
    Member of the People's Freedom Movement

Junior
    Megasoup said:

Why are we still talking about JDS vs. Cain when we have bigger issues at hand...like the overall much-improved quality of the bjs that liquid2metal's been on the receiving end of?

Listen, if she's gotten that much better, the odds aren't necessarily in favor of her getting any additional tutelage or an extra amount of practice; she might just simply being trying harder. That being said, I'm still pretty certain that she's had an extra-high number of sausages pass through her kisser; many of which had the length to tickle the deepest depths of her throat. It's more likely than not.

Wear protection if you stick it inside her, even though we all know how much better it feels when we play this game unsheathed. If not to shield you from exotic sicknesses and skin conditions, you will still want to keep from getting a loose woman too terribly pregnant, you know. Trust me, I've done it.

@liquid2metal Had my first kid when I was 19. Bye bye youth. It makes you grow up real quick
    :D
    Junior

I like Junior Dos Santos better, and I remember the night he fought Werdum, I received 6.5 hours of chemotherapy that day.

your name fits very well, sir. respect.

but if you think the JDS that fought Werdum is the same that fought Hunt, boy...
    That is my favourite JDS knockout. Stepping in with that uppercut-wow
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,761Free
    Junior

My ex.
    Broke up.
    Met with her last month.
    Headgame...approved!

lol. So you like the fact that she was practicing on other guys knobs? hehe