Manager: Anderson Silva Anxious to Reclaim UFC Belt and Will Fulfill 10 Fight Contract

Comments

• Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,597Free
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    edited July 2013

It's pretty obvious he won't fulfill all 10 fights on the contract.

600K a fight, why not? Plus likely a good percent of PPV revenue

I think he's less hung up in his legacy than strangers that don't know him are lol

He does this for a living, and he probably is gonna get paid more money in those 10 fights than any MMA fighter in history
    Post edited by Sisti on
  • SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    TUF1_ said:

Sisti said:

I think he's less hung up in his legacy than strangers that don't know him are lol

He does this for a living, and he probably is gonna get paid more money in those 10 fights than any MMA fighter in history
    If he gets his belt back he'll move up retire before they can set up Weidman/Silva 3 imo but I don't see him finishing out his contract either despite
    i have a feeling he was playing the UFC for a while. think of it this way...he signed the huge/long contract at the height of his popularity when EVERYONE including dana was saying he's GOAT. he acted like he wasn't sure how long he would fight, and he knew at that point his stock was HUGE so he landed the contract after the fight where he stepped in on short notice (points with dana) to fight Bonnar (easy win).

i think mma fans are more concerned about his legacy than he is. money's a bigger motivator in him than people think...we all care about legacies cuz no money is at stake, but i doubt silva wants to give up 5-10 Million dollar fights to be extra cautious about his legacy

the reason he didn't want the immediate Weidman rematch is because he already had his lucrative contract in place and is not overly concerned about retiring champ

Sisti said:

He fights 1-2 times a year max and he's 38. He's going to look old in his fights sooner or later.
    edited July 2013

"

Sisti said:

He fights 1-2 times a year max and he's 38. He's going to look old in his fights sooner or later.
    he never fought 1 time a year since 2000.
    He's still not finishing his contract and if he doesn't win the title back I expect him to fight once a year in "super fights". Probably lose to Jones and retire.

If his manager and the UFC have to say he's "anxious" he's probably not anxious. The rematch sounds forced, Anderson said he didn't want it and then they release an unconvincing video of him saying he wants the fight.
    Post edited by Yesterdays_Hero on
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,259Free

"

Sisti said:

He's still not finishing his contract and if he doesn't win the title back I expect him to fight once a year in "super fights". Probably lose to Jones and retire.

If his manager and the UFC have to say he's "anxious" he's probably not anxious. The rematch sounds forced, Anderson said he didn't want it and then they release an unconvincing video of him saying he wants the fight.
    This

Anderson is going to lose to Roy and then retire
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,949Free

"

Sisti said:

He also hasn't fought 3 times in a year since 2008. Do you think that he will fight until he is 43-44 to fulfill his contract? I don't
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

"

Sisti said:

He also hasn't fought 3 times in a year since 2008. Do you think that he will fight until he is 43-44 to fulfill his contract? I don't
    also, no one* ever defended a belt 3 times in a year, so blaming Anderson for that is stupid

* that i remember, of course
    Jon Jones did
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well he had 3 title fights in one year

• PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,267Free
    edited July 2013

"

Sisti said:

also, no one* ever defended a belt 3 times in a year, so blaming Anderson for that is stupid

Benson has defended his title 3 times in the span of 8 months. Not all in the same year, but he's a pretty active champ.

Jon Jones defended his 4 times in the span of just under 12 months. Not all in the same year again, but he is also an active champ.

The most amount of times Anderson has defended his belt in a span of year is two times.

I don't feel like doing GSP's. I don't care for him.

No hate in this post. Just some interesting info. I may have jacked up the math.
    Post edited by PoloRidah on
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

funny how a thread goes from nowhere to everywhere

you are all going in circles now, trying to discredit my arguments

@thread: no, Anderson won't fight 9 more times. at least i hope he doesn't. a 43 yo Anderson doesn't sound very promissing.

I already said that
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,949Free
    edited July 2013

"

Sisti said:

Belts have been defended 3 times by many champs within a 12 month period actually but no one is blaming Anderson for anything. We are just saying that we don't see him finishing his contract which is fine. He is getting older and 9 more fights is a lot.
    Post edited by juice64011 on
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

@thread: no, Anderson won't fight 9 more times. at least i hope he doesn't. a 43 yo Anderson doesn't sound very promissing.

Tapped to @poloridah

• PabloskyPablosky Posts: 675Free
    i think you're missing you point... he's brazilian, that is a huge factor in this matter. Brazilians are very tough, they dont like to loose. I mean, noone likes to lose, but latinoamericans are so diferent than europeans, asians or northamericans. If you go into the brazilians sports history you'll find so many anecdotes about mass suicides, mass fights, disrespec for their opponents, and sportmanship.

deny the fact about his "desire to get back the belt" its ignore its complete psychological base. Its not about money... how much more nike, b.k. and others sponsors pay to A.S. than zuffa? i guess its kinda 10/1 scale. Finally, in martial arts there is a lot of honor and pride, i think that anderson silva wants his pride back BADLY.
    thanks god im less stupid now!

• n8d0gn8d0g Posts: 23Ultimate
    Sisti said:

Plus he keeps his sponsorship deals going by remaining active. But honestly, I couldn't even name 10 potential fights without including rematches, even with superfights! Doesn't really make sense. Weidman1, Weidman2, JJ, GSP, Vitor rematch, Jacare, Bisping, Rockhold, Munoz, Le????
  • BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free

he wont even fulfill 3, as Weidman will retire this guy when they'll meet again...
  • skullboneskullbone Posts: 1,955Free

Sisti said:

With a little help from TRT he could fight to 45 easily.
  • PoloRidahPoloRidah Posts: 11,267Free

Tapped to @poloridah
    you, poloridah and yh tried to break my arguments and failed.
    I didn't try to break anything.

I just mentioned some facts.
    Hendricks 1,2,3,4

I already said that
    should i pay you royalties?
    yes
  • i_run_thisi_run_this Posts: 19,306Free
    tbh i will never see anderson the same way after he acted like a retard and got ktfo

UFC Prediction Tournament 5 Champion

• Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,721Free
    I could see him fighting for another 4/5 years if he doesn't slow down too much. He is slowing a tiny bit, but nothing that drastic. We will see with this rematch where he stands. If he loses again then yea I can see him retiring after another 4/5 fights, if he wins then I say he fulfills his contract.