No one's gonna' beat that John Jones fella'.

MegasoupMegasoup Maker of SoupsPosts: 2,386Free
Well, they aren't. He's like Silva, except a little less accurate, a tiny bit more durable and a heck of a lot stronger. I'd love to see the match-up between the two. It should've happened a couple of years ago. Meanwhile, Jones is maturing and getting stronger, more seasoned and generally better at MMA, while Silva is just simply getting older. With each passing day, this fight gets less competitive.
Member of the People's Freedom Movement

Tagged:

Comments

• SistiSisti Posts: 5,312Free
    Megasoup said:

He's like Silva, except a little less accurate, a tiny bit more durable and a heck of a lot stronger. I'd love to see the match-up between the two.

a little less KO power
    a little less accurate
    a lot stronger
    much better wrestler
    much better start to his career
    worse jiu-jitsu

IMO JBJ is on track to a better career than Silva, and the list of people he took out at 26 is BY FAR the most impressive we've ever seen. If he could work on his jiu-jitsu and stay away from ppl finding a blueprint on how to beat him (the way Chael did to Silva) then he could become the GOAT no questions asked in a few more years
  • juice64011juice64011 Posts: 5,949Free
    Agree YH, two completely different fighters and fighting styles.
    MMA Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 3 Champion

UFC Prediction Tournament 4 Champion

Official JP24 Prediction League (2012) Champion*

• 12er12er Posts: 10,876Free
    Ansem said:

Glover Texiera.

I'm shocked that you would throw out the name of a Brazilian fighter.

Ansem coming at us with the curve ball as usual.
  • najmanajma Posts: 2,051Free
    Anderson Silva:
    Amazing striker, can KO anybody at any time with any limb, unreal accuracy and reflexes, uses great BJJ to avoid trouble on the ground or to win the fight if he can't keep it standing.

Jon Jones:
    Excellent wrestler, uses size and strength to take opponents down for GnP, average striking, little KO power, little accuracy, but his gigantic reach enables him to control the standing part of the fight until he is able to take opponents down.

Similarity: none.
  • AnsemAnsem Posts: 3,836Free

Jones was a **** against Rampage turning his back and running at one point in the fight, Glover went to bang with Rampage and schooled him there. Glover will whoop that Jones **** in no time.

| Machida - JDS - Penn - Belfort - Nurmagomedov - Texiera |

“I make my own odds. I make my own atmosphere.” - Vitor Belfort

"Sixty G's babyyy! haha yeah!" - Conor Mcgregoat

• PunchBagPunchBag Posts: 7,846Free
    vitor came close to giving jones his first proper loss, he isnt unbeatable
    "Believe in the beard"
    I bet against THE KING and he smashed my little gonads into oblivion

• MachidaPowerMachidaPower Serial Chillin.Posts: 1,963Free
    DC is gonna step to 205 and bring the pain.
    the buffer 180... best move in the UFC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=169_1364680421

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.
  • BanutuBanutu Posts: 619Free
    I can hardly see someone beat Jones at LHW but I cannot wait for him to go up and face JDS.

najma said:

Anderson Silva:
    Amazing striker, can KO anybody at any time with any limb, unreal accuracy and reflexes, uses great BJJ to avoid trouble on the ground or to win the fight if he can't keep it standing.

Jon Jones:
    Excellent wrestler, uses size and strength to take opponents down for GnP, average striking, little KO power, little accuracy, but his gigantic reach enables him to control the standing part of the fight until he is able to take opponents down.

i almost agreed, but Jones' strike ain't average, come on.
    yeah, no way you could call jones' striking average. the dude annihilated shogun on the feet at like 23 years old or something
  • MachidaPowerMachidaPower Serial Chillin.Posts: 1,963Free
    Sisti said:

najma said:

Anderson Silva:

Jon Jones:

yeah, no way you could call jones' striking average. the dude annihilated shogun on the feet at like 23 years old or something
    .... a post-prime shogun.
    the buffer 180... best move in the UFC.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=169_1364680421

"Ameriman is the P4P greatest poster of all time, and he would never welch on a sigbet." [sic]

"I took wanderleisilva101's MMA knowledge to the back of the throat and I loved it! P.S Chael will get destroyed by Wand too!"

Miesha Nose.

Sisti said:

najma said:

Anderson Silva:

Jon Jones:

MMA fans have so many excuses it's almost getting depressing

Shogun was late 20's a fighter's prime, just beat Machida convincingly, and was undisputed champ

Jones was just better, period.
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 963Free
    Jones own body will be the one to take him out at LHW.

Jones has a better skillset than nearly any other fighter, but I don't think durability is one of his assets. With each fight he accumulates more damage and the effects of that will catch up to him at some point. Unless he moves up and puts on enough muscle to support his frame, his career will become increasingly plagued with injuries.
  • TheBigDTheBigD Posts: 423Free
    Anderson is more consistently impressive but Jones fights more impressive competition so really a matter of opinion.
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,021Free
    TheBigD said:

Anderson is more consistently impressive but Jones fights more impressive competition so really a matter of opinion.

Lol

The big D.

O_o
  • Wanderlei_RuaWanderlei_Rua Posts: 963Free
    Sisti said:

Sisti said:

najma said:

Anderson Silva:

Jon Jones:

MMA fans have so many excuses it's almost getting depressing

Shogun was late 20's a fighter's prime, just beat Machida convincingly, and was undisputed champ

Jones was just better, period.
    Jones has outclassed his competition. It's tough to argue that he hasn't benefitted from fighting guys on the decline or smaller men though.

Vitor is TRT prime, but much smaller. Shogun and Rampage were both declining severely. Vera and Bader both fold like a lawn chair under pressure. Chael had no business getting in the cage with Jones and everyone knew it. Rashad and Machida are his best wins and they should both be at MW.

I'm not taking away from the fact that Jones has done his job and dismantled all his opponents. He has also been fortunate with his timing in the division.

• GunniNelsonGunniNelson Posts: 29Free
    Cain will destory JBJ if he have balls enough to move up. JDS will also give him trouble and probably knock him ouy
  • skullboneskullbone Posts: 1,955Free
    Jon Jones is like Anderson in one way: when someone finally hits him square in the mouth it's all going to be over.
  • ThePack19ThePack19 Posts: 1,976Free
    LOL at spartacus. Glover has not felt the power of hellbows. End thread.
  • carnages41carnages41 Posts: 36,285Free

proof that RamGOAT has better head movement then Anderson
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last one to post wins- Winner
    UFC Forum Fight Camp- Winner
    UFC PREDICTIONS TOURNAMENT 5 - unofficial winner
  • ShannonRitch1p4pShannonRitch1p4p Posts: 10,021Free
    PATSTER said:

@shannonritch1p4p started the Glover bandwagon

War Teixera. Better grappler, better striking, more power. He beats Jones everywhere.

I cant tell you how close i was to starting a hype train thread for him.

That sucker would have like 45 conductors right now
  • zaksamezaksame Posts: 4,342Free
    OP you also forgot that Jones is more well rounded,he has ALL the tools,Silva is ONLY a one dimensional counter striker.There is good reason Macida fights like Silva they are near identical,they trained together.They both rely on their opponent lunging in and missing ,opening them up for that dangerous counter.If you can take that out of their game,they are nothing but average fighters.
    Gina Miesha Kyra ...yes please.
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,723Free
    zaksame said:

OP you also forgot that Jones is more well rounded,he has ALL the tools,Silva is ONLY a one dimensional counter striker.There is good reason Macida fights like Silva they are near identical,they trained together.They both rely on their opponent lunging in and missing ,opening them up for that dangerous counter.If you can take that out of their game,they are nothing but average fighters.

Oh yea............ Then how did he kick Vitor in the face as Vitor was just standing there, not throwing any attacks???? That sounds like ATTACKING, not counter striking to me. He did the same to Chael, and Hendo and Franklin and im sure many more. He's not JUST a counter striker buddy boy.