Why on Earth is cain above Jds on the p4p list?

Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
Honest question. What has cain done to deserve that spot? Nothing compared to JDS.

Who has cain beat? Lets have a look at what he has done in the ufc.

Brad Morris, jake o Brien, dennis stojnic, decisioned kongo after getting ko'ed twice in that fight, ben rothwell, over the hill nog, brock, got KTFO in under a minuete against junior, beat bigfoot twice (lol), and beat a jds recovering from a divorce and injuries via takedowns and even lost the 5th round and most likely would have gotten ko'ed again if there was a 6th round.

Now as to what jds has done in the ufc.

Vicious KTFO of: Werdum, Yvel, Struve, Mir, Mirko, Gonzaga, granite k1 chin Hunt, current champ Cain in seconds, made carwins face look like hamburger meat and made roy look like he forgot how to fight and was in need of a stretcher. All from a heavyweight who doesn't even weigh 240 lbs.

The two are not even comparable in terms of skill and JDS is going to prove that in the third fight.

Discuss.

Welchers:
Bluesy(sig)
Identity(poop eating bet)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Poop eating bets: 1-0

Gustaffson is the Real 205 champ right now.
Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.

Comments

• KeemKeem Posts: 6,862Free
    JDS was submitted by a 205er or 185er in Jaoquin Ferreria or something like that. Along with losing to Cain. 2x L's

Cain has only lost to a former undisputed champ in JDS, but has also smashed guys with 20+ lbs. on him. 1x L
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

- C.Condit - B.Henderson - J.Jones - C.Oliveira

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"
    Condit- *Aye aye coach; say no more*
  • _Finish_Him__Finish_Him_ Posts: 11,562Free
    edited July 2013
    Reigning defending HW Champion of the World...
    JDS never defended his Belt... next question!

EDIT: JDS vs Mir 1x Title defense, my bad!
    Post edited by _Finish_Him_ on
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    OFFICIAL UFC PREDICTION TOURNAMENT 7 WINNER
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

• Weidman_the_GOATWeidman_the_GOAT Posts: 2,758Free
    Keem said:

JDS was submitted by a 205er or 185er in Jaoquin Ferreria or something like that. Along with losing to Cain. 2x L's

Cain has only lost to a former undisputed champ in JDS, but has also smashed guys with 20+ lbs. on him. 1x L

That was his first fight ever lol.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Weidman | Belfort | Sanchez | Gus | Aldo | Maia | JDS | Pettis | Shogun | Glover | Jacare | Machida | Silva | Cub | Mcgregor | Manuwa

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.

Keem said:

4th or 5th I thought

P4P includes everything
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

J.Benavidez - H.Hioki - T.Griffin - M.Torres - J. Hathaway - J. Howard - B.Tavares - M.Johnson - M.Brimage - D.Kim - T."Lion" Inoue - LC. Davis - M. Semezier - Y.Alcantara - Wineland - H.Lim

Megumi Fuji

I am an idiot for thinking GSP could finish the P4P GOAT Nick Diaz within 5 rounds

Greg - "It's, about.. WAR! You understand me?! You bounce, you move and you punish this kid. This is 5 minutes of war, now you go and give it to me!"

Against Mir though

Megumi Fuji

So Mir was a less credible defense than Bigcan? Really? Lol.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
  • keykey Posts: 363Free
    edited July 2013
    I think cain is now the most successful UFC HW champ ever or joint? He also avenged his defeat to JDS in brutal fashion.

I will add that your logic for Weidman being better than Anderson is that he beat him, so surely based on their most recent fight your logic would dictate Cain > JDS
    Post edited by key on
    Keem said:

Keem said:

4th or 5th I thought

P4P includes everything
    If it didn't happen in the octagon then it never happened.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
    edited July 2013
    Keem said:

Against Mir though
    You're right my bad! Mir is kinda washed up :) but agree well then it's the HW reigning Defending stuff :) And 2 x Champ
    Predicition League Record: 39-15, Prediction League Record: 6-1, ***Camp League Record***: 9-2
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147741/michelle-waterson-appreciation-thread/p1
    http://forums.ufcfightclub.com/discussion/147932/that-80-s-90-s-thread-bittersweet-memories/p1

key said:

I think cain is now the most successful UFC HW champ ever or joint? He also avenged his defeat to JDS in brutal fashion.

I will add that your logic for Weidman being better than Anderson is that he beat him, so surely based on their most recent fight your logic would dictate Cain > JDS

What sort of sense does that make? Cain beat jds in a 4 to 1 round decision via takedowns after a divorce meanwhile Jds absolutely destroyed cain stopping him from continuing the fight within seconds. Oh and Weidman KTFO silva.

Your point?

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.

Cain beat Brock.

Yes and jds beat someone of higher skill level in struve, mir, cain, mirko, pretty much anyone listed.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.

key said:

What sort of sense does that make? Cain beat jds in a 4 to 1 round decision via takedowns after a divorce meanwhile Jds absolutely destroyed cain stopping him from continuing the fight within seconds. Oh and Weidman KTFO silva.

Your point?
    The second fight Cain destroyed JDS on the feet ground and everywhere in between, to me that was a more impressive victory. Also being the most successful champ in your division is more relevant to p4p than who you have defeated.

If Weidman went on to defend the title 5 times would you consider Belfort better than him because belfort has defeated better fighters?
  • Cole1186Cole1186 Posts: 3,717Free
    JDS had the more impressive wins for sure. But these two are so close in will to each other I can see either winning a fight between them. JDS just lost to Cain that's why he is lower on the p4p ranks.

JDS via KO in the second round. Then he'll be higher in the p4p rankings. Just like after Anderson knocks Weidman out in December he will go back up to numero uno.
  • Yesterdays_HeroYesterdays_Hero Posts: 23,573Free

Cain beat Brock.

Yes and jds beat someone of higher skill level in struve, mir, cain, mirko, pretty much anyone listed.
    I don't think you understand. Cain beat BROCK.

Cain beat Brock.

Brock ducked Junior.
    Cole1186 said:

Cain beat Brock.

Brock ducked Junior.
    It's a well known fact the UFC paid Brock to fake an injury to preserve the JDS hype train. They wanted Brock vs JDS TUF in hopes of ratings but they didn't want the actual fight.
  • AmerimanAmeriman Posts: 2,068Free
    Because Cain is better than JDS everywhere...
    Boston threw me a god damn beating. DOOMGOAT REIGNS SUPREME
    JDS would have wiped the beard off Brock's face with one overhand right. Brock knew it, the UFC knew it. They wanted to save the image of Brock to make him seen more credible. Two losses by T/KO in a row would have looked bad for Brock.
    Cole1186 said:

JDS would have wiped the beard off Brock's face with one overhand right. Brock knew it, the UFC knew it. They wanted to save the image of Brock to make him seen more credible. Two losses by T/KO in a row would have looked bad for Brock.

Brock wasn't going to lose to a right hand spammer. He was a 10:1 favourite going into that fight for a reason

Cole1186 said:

Brock wasn't going to lose to a right hand spammer. He was a 10:1 favourite going into that fight for a reason
    No sirrrrr.
    key said:

key said:

Your point?
    The second fight Cain destroyed JDS on the feet ground and everywhere in between, to me that was a more impressive victory. Also being the most successful champ in your division is more relevant to p4p than who you have defeated.

If Weidman went on to defend the title 5 times would you consider Belfort better than him because belfort has defeated better fighters?
    Really? I didn't know that belfort beat anderson silva before?

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.

key said:

key said:

Your point?

OK lol I take your rather sarcastic point.

Weidman is Number one at MW, I can't argue with that until the rematch.

But in that same token Cain is number one at HW, if JDS beats him and retains the title he will thoroughly deserve being above him in the rankings but until then it would be nonsensical to have JDS higher than Cain.
    key said:

key said:

key said:

Your point?

But in that same token Cain is number one at HW, if JDS beats him and retains the title he will thoroughly deserve being above him in the rankings but until then it would be nonsensical to have JDS higher than Cain.
    How so? Jds beat cain 9999999x worse than cain beat him and junior has faced and destroyed much higher quality opponents.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.
    edited July 2013

key said:

key said:

key said:

Your point?

How so? Jds beat cain 9999999x worse than cain beat him and junior has faced and destroyed much higher quality opponents.
    Calm down, we'll see in oct. who's better 1-1 so far... rubber match gun b gud!

funny coming from a guy who believes Weidman is above Anderson

Oh really?
    images-1.jpeg
    215 x 121 - 6K

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.

Oh really?
    you see how your logic is flaw? if you consider the whole record, JDS is above Cain and Anderson is way above Weidman.
    Weidman convincingly beat anderson, silva has never beat weidman. Cain beat jds not so convincingly once, and jds did. There is no comparison there.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.

Oh really?
    you see how your logic is flaw? if you consider the whole record, JDS is above Cain and Anderson is way above Weidman.
    Weidman convincingly beat anderson, silva has never beat weidman. Cain beat jds not so convincingly once, and jds did. There is no comparison there.
    so convincingly he's the underdog for the rematch =))
    Only in the minds of delusional silva fans who only watch mma part time.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.

Oh really?
    JDS is my 3rd fav fighter behind Aldo and Silva... but your crazy man. Cain wooped Jr. pretty good in their second fight. You didn't watch the fight did you?
    Cole1186 said:

Oh really?
    JDS is my 3rd fav fighter behind Aldo and Silva... but your crazy man. Cain wooped Jr. pretty good in their second fight. You didn't watch the fight did you?
    I did and jds defended around 20-30 takedowns and outstruck cain in the last round if not last two.

Welchers:
    Bluesy(sig)

Gus- 1, 2, 3, 4.